Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Digital Photography

Old 03-31-2014, 08:03 AM   #1
kelikoi
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Portraits

Since I bought my first DSLR 4 years ago, I always wanted to shoot landscape. But yesterday, I had the chance to do a real portrait shoot with some friends, my first and with a real model. Nervous yet excited at first, 'twas a whole new experience for me and we had so much fun! Definitely going to do it again (And sorry about the exposures being a bit blown up, still trying to figure out the f1.2). All using ambient light and using:

Canon 5D Mark II
Canon 70-200mm f2.8L USM
Canon 50mm f1.2L USM

kelikoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 08:34 PM   #2
Sithlord32
New Republic

Very nice pics. She is very photogenic. It is hard trying not to get the photos washed out even with good natural lighting if your running straight manual. Takes some practice for sure i still struggle with it as well.
Im just focusing mainly on HDR at the moment and i like to take natural shots so I have been practicing more with capturing stills from motion and the like.
Portraits are a great place to start to learn more functions of the camera but I like doing things the hard way
Sithlord32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 12:16 AM   #3
kelikoi

Thanks Sithlord! Indeed she's pretty. And she’s very cool to work with, haven’t heard a single complaint from her (no prima donna attitude at all). I’m more of a landscape guy myself. Last Sunday was my 1st portrait. I’m loving the f1.2 with its separation of the subject and the background. It’s also very fast in low light condition. But it’s tough outdoors in broad daylight without a filter. And I’m having difficulties with the manual focus. But I could say this prime lens is a beast in portraits. I need to learn more. I have to attend more portrait shoots I guess
Old 04-03-2014, 05:40 AM   #4
cameronbruce
Doh!

nice click look beautiful..

iaf-ifa.org
cameronbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 05:53 AM   #5
kelikoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameronbruce View Post
nice click look beautiful..
why thank you sir! I totally appreciate the fact that your 1st post is to compliment my rather mediocre shots

thank you
Old 10-28-2014, 08:32 AM   #6
Ryantimpa
Doh!

Great images...
Ryantimpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 11:01 AM   #7
kelikoi

Went for a photo event last Saturday here in Jakarta. A clothing company was launching a new sexy design outfit and invited Canon to sponsor the event. It was a total chaos, with lots of photographers trying to flirt with the models, going in front while shooting is on-going and totally cutting everyone else shots in the process, no courtesy at all. So frustrating. That would be my first and last joining an event like that.

Anyway, enough of the ranting. Here are some of my better shot thus far. No Photoshop used by the way.

P.S. If the mods think photos are too 'sexy' or obscene, please feel free to delete. Sorry in advance.

IMG_2236a by kelikoi, on Flickr

IMG_2247 by kelikoi, on Flickr

IMG_2270a by kelikoi, on Flickr

IMG_2340a by kelikoi, on Flickr