Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-22-2019, 09:57 AM   #2441
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzylover View Post
Mmmm, perhaps it's because, even though we know the actress is 'legal' in real life, she 100% looks like she's not a day over 11. I'm surprised there was even a HINT of sideboob. I also kind of thought the 'it's our last night on earth, let's have sex', was a little bit of low hanging fruit on the writers' part. If there was any character on GoT that did not need to be sexualized, it was Arya.
Having sex doesn't mean a person is automatically sexualized.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:00 AM   #2442
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Why? She and Gendry care for one another and it was consensual. I thought it was one of the sweetest sex scenes since Ned and Cat.
It was awkward for me too. It's like watching your kid sister get it on
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:17 AM   #2443
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
For the witch's prophecy from when she was a kid to come true she will have to die by strangulation from one of her brothers before the new baby is born.
The prophecy only has her having three children, and gold shrouds. All of her children are dead, so that has come to pass.

And all of that was said on TV.

However, the TV show never mention the "valonqar", while the book does. So the show could go more than one way with her prophecy. Either death by another means or death by a little brother. No matter what another baby isn't happening. Nope nope.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:17 AM   #2444
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Mmmm, perhaps it's because, even though we know the actress is 'legal' in real life, she 100% looks like she's not a day over 11. I'm surprised there was even a HINT of sideboob. I also kind of thought the 'it's our last night on earth, let's have sex', was a little bit of low hanging fruit on the writers' part. If there was any character on GoT that did not need to be sexualized, it was Arya.

This entire episode put me through the emotional ringer otherwise and I thought it was bloody fantastic. All of those meaningful interactions happening to further solidify your love for these characters. All of the arduous, violent and sometimes evil/duplicitous journeys they took to convene at Winterfell to fight shoulder to shoulder with enemies. It just heightened the collective gut punch we're all going to feel losing some of these beloved characters. It's got my stomach in knots.
11? No, the 11 year old was the Umber boy last week who was impaled on a wall the severed limbs of his men and then set on fire. Did that bother people?

Arya is 11 in the show during the first episode. Within the show timeline roughly 6-8 years have passed making her 17-19. The same age Sansa was when she was raped in the show by Ramsay, and older than when Dany (15) was given to Drogo in season one.
Augen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:19 AM   #2445
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Was I the only one who got a little choked up with Brienne finally becoming a knight? She's only been insanely loyal to everybody she's served since Season 1 - well deserved.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:20 AM   #2446
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
It was awkward for me too. It's like watching your kid sister get it on
I guess I found the idea of her hard life leading her to murder countless people to be more upsetting than her having sex with a man she loves.

Honestly my reaction in the scene was all her scars reflecting how she has endured through so much.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:22 AM   #2447
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Was I the only one who got a little choked up with Brienne finally becoming a knight? She's only been insanely loyal to everybody she's served since Season 1 - well deserved.
I loved the song about Duncan Targaryen and Jenny Oldstone. The story of tragic lovers seemed fitting against the backdrop of the loss that is to come.
Old 04-22-2019, 10:58 AM   #2448
fuzzylover
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
11? No, the 11 year old was the Umber boy last week who was impaled on a wall the severed limbs of his men and then set on fire. Did that bother people?

Arya is 11 in the show during the first episode. Within the show timeline roughly 6-8 years have passed making her 17-19. The same age Sansa was when she was raped in the show by Ramsay, and older than when Dany (15) was given to Drogo in season one.
We all know the math. She looks like she's 11. I still see a kid standing in front of me with her.
fuzzylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 11:05 AM   #2449
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
We all know the math. She looks like she's 11. I still see a kid standing in front of me with her.
1. What 11 year olds have you been around? I have a 16 year old cousin who doesn't look as old as Arya.

2. People can look younger or older than they are. I'm 34 and always get my ID checked, my 36 year old brother hasn't had his checked in a decade.

3. If that is what you see then I'd think her brutally killing would be more upsetting.

We have really warped attitudes about violence and sex in our culture.

It's also sexist because I remember people thinking it was cool that Tommen (who is younger than Arya) having sex with Margery ("nice").
Old 04-22-2019, 11:14 AM   #2450
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I will say this - Maisie Williams is 22 years old IRL. She does NOT look 22. I don't think she looks a day over 16, IRL and on GoT.

Compare Maisie Williams (22) and Sophie Turner (23). Which one has always looked more adult for their age? It's easy to see why lots of viewers could be apprehensive about seeing Arya sex scenes versus Sansa's.