Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-15-2018, 01:56 PM   #10531
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
They've had stuff sell out and come back in stock before.

If you are still on the wait list and showing good you should be just fine.
Yeah, the reason they come back in stock is because those are flawed pieces That were unacceptable to other collectors that received them. It is a return they are reselling to you Even though they will deny that they are not sending you a return. Lol
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2018, 02:03 PM   #10532
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonedaddy77 View Post
I'm surprised they sold all 3500 of these
They didn’t.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 03:10 PM   #10533
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
They didn’t.
Actually, they did sell all 3500. Only way it will go back in stock is if someone returns theirs.

Old 12-16-2018, 03:14 PM   #10534
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

It’s a return guaranteed maybe with some touch ups
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 04:16 PM   #10535
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF_1 View Post
Actually, they did sell all 3500. Only way it will go back in stock is if someone returns theirs.

No you haven't been in the game long enough.

Sold out can be for several reasons (ceased production, mold degradation, not enough interest to warrant another run ,etc.) and can come back at any time.

Mythos Obi-Wan did this. Just because it says sold out means nothing other than they aren't taking orders that way for right now.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 04:42 PM   #10536
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post

Sold out can be for several reasons (ceased production, mold degradation, not enough interest to warrant another run ,etc.) and can come back at any time.

Mythos Obi-Wan did this. Just because it says sold out means nothing other than they aren't taking orders that way for right now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	119421  
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 11:52 PM   #10537
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post

Actually, I have been in the game for many years.. I been collecting Sideshow for 10+ years as well as supporting most of the companies pumping out stuff.. I was around when Bowen was very popular and my last Bowen piece was Kingpin which is amazing!

I know what you are saying that with certain circumstances an item can come back from Sold Out, but my prediction is it will not be coming back in stock unless it is a return. Most items from my experience once it is Sold out it never comes back. It is not common for Sold out items to come back in stock and even though it has happened in the past it does not happen often for popular high in demand items.

Whatever the reason it is sold out I dont believe it will be restocked again.. This is not the Mythos Obi-Wan which I dont feel the Mythos line is as popular as this Thanos statue and with the movie being release around the same time Im sure many jumped on board after they saw the movie!

Before Sideshow I mostly bought Bowen and Gentle Giant from local shops and created my Sideshow account sometime in 2005-2006.

In the end we will see if you are right or if I was right. If you are having high hopes because you missed out then I wish you luck that it comes back in stock, but I wouldnt get my hopes up too high. If a production run is cut short usually its updated to show the correct edition size and they wouldnt still say its 3500 if it was cut short as that would be untruthful and mess with peoples numbers. Especially, that someone already has #3500 and showed it here some pages ago. ( I know #’s are shipped out randomly) Even if someone got #3500 first it still shows they are dedicated to completing all 3500 if someone already has that number.

Issues with production can delay and even stop things, but I am pretty confident that they produced the sufficient numbers they said they would produce.

I dont get why some people are so surprised they can be sold out already of that many of Thanos.. Why is it that hard to believe when Marvel Movies are at the top of their game, Thanos is one of the most favorable Villians, and their are 7.4 Billion people on the planet so is it that hard to believe they possibly might be really completely Sold Out; no strings attached..

If there were any flex pays then it would still be a waitlist, but when they put Sold Out that means all orders including Flex Pay has been fufilled.

If you are hoping it comes back like oddball Mythos statues I think you will either need the Reality stone or the Time stone so you can Rewind time. Good Luck..
Old 12-17-2018, 12:24 AM   #10538
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF_1 View Post
Actually, I have been in the game for many years.. I been collecting Sideshow for 10+ years as well as supporting most of the companies pumping out stuff.. I was around when Bowen was very popular and my last Bowen piece was Kingpin which is amazing!

I know what you are saying that with certain circumstances an item can come back from Sold Out, but my prediction is it will not be coming back in stock unless it is a return. Most items from my experience once it is Sold out it never comes back. It is not common for Sold out items to come back in stock and even though it has happened in the past it does not happen often for popular high in demand items.

Whatever the reason it is sold out I dont believe it will be restocked again.. This is not the Mythos Obi-Wan which I dont feel the Mythos line is as popular as this Thanos statue and with the movie being release around the same time Im sure many jumped on board after they saw the movie!

Before Sideshow I mostly bought Bowen and Gentle Giant from local shops and created my Sideshow account sometime in 2005-2006.

In the end we will see if you are right or if I was right. If you are having high hopes because you missed out then I wish you luck that it comes back in stock, but I wouldnt get my hopes up too high. If a production run is cut short usually its updated to show the correct edition size and they wouldnt still say its 3500 if it was cut short as that would be untruthful and mess with peoples numbers. Especially, that someone already has #3500 and showed it here some pages ago. ( I know #’s are shipped out randomly) Even if someone got #3500 first it still shows they are dedicated to completing all 3500 if someone already has that number.

Issues with production can delay and even stop things, but I am pretty confident that they produced the sufficient numbers they said they would produce.

I dont get why some people are so surprised they can be sold out already of that many of Thanos.. Why is it that hard to believe when Marvel Movies are at the top of their game, Thanos is one of the most favorable Villians, and their are 7.4 Billion people on the planet so is it that hard to believe they possibly might be really completely Sold Out; no strings attached..

If there were any flex pays then it would still be a waitlist, but when they put Sold Out that means all orders including Flex Pay has been fufilled.

If you are hoping it comes back like oddball Mythos statues I think you will either need the Reality stone or the Time stone so you can Rewind time. Good Luck..
Agree with this.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 12:44 AM   #10539
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Sold out or not, my concern would be from what batch you would actually get. Lot's of QC problems when people were first getting their pieces. A nice statue from God The Harbottle but I have no faith myself in the QC history of this piece, especially at this price point. Good luck. I have seen Sideshow back in stock sold out stuff too.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 03:02 AM   #10540
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
Sold out or not, my concern would be from what batch you would actually get. Lot's of QC problems when people were first getting their pieces. A nice statue from God The Harbottle but I have no faith myself in the QC history of this piece, especially at this price point. Good luck. I have seen Sideshow back in stock sold out stuff too.
I just don’t see why they would cancel waitlist orders if there was any chance of more being produced. That doesn’t benefit anyone.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote