Doctor Doom

Yeah this change is a great thing.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 03:32 PM   #102
Drahmin
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post

IMO, the Castlevania series died when they decided to take a major change in direction after Super Castlevania 4, with a downgrade of Symphony of the Night. Dont get me wrong, SOTN was good. But I felt we'd have an evolved series up to this day if they kept with consistency of the first 4 games. I loved the last two Lords of Shadows games. It felt more like a Castlevania, a feeling I hadnt had since the originals. The first Castlevania: LOS was a masterpiece. And very close to what Castlevania should have been a long time ago.
I don't believe the series died after 4. Castlevania Bloodlines and Dracula X (Rondo of Blood) were good games. Bloodlines I think is underrated and sadly overlooked only because it was released on Sega Genesis just before the next generation hit (Playstation/Nintendo 64).

If anyone hasn't played Bloodlines I strongly recommend everyone to try it. Dracula X is also good but very hard specially with the boss battles.
Drahmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 07:49 PM   #103
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

I'd say the biggest reason you don't hear more about Bloodlines is the lack of ports it had. Even today it is hard to play the game legally unless you straightup have a Genesis.

I'm amazed they have never made a good Castlevania collection that has all the 2d games.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 11:18 PM   #104
BurningRage
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drahmin View Post
I don't believe the series died after 4. Castlevania Bloodlines and Dracula X (Rondo of Blood) were good games. Bloodlines I think is underrated and sadly overlooked only because it was released on Sega Genesis just before the next generation hit (Playstation/Nintendo 64).

If anyone hasn't played Bloodlines I strongly recommend everyone to try it. Dracula X is also good but very hard specially with the boss battles.

The Metroidvania GBA and DS Castlevania games were great too.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 12:08 PM   #105
Drahmin
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
I'd say the biggest reason you don't hear more about Bloodlines is the lack of ports it had. Even today it is hard to play the game legally unless you straightup have a Genesis.
Yes, You're right. In my case I do straight up have a Genesis and the game. I have had them since they were first released.

In my opinion the original Castlevania, CV 3 Dracula Curse, SCV 4, CV Bloodlines, and SOTN are games everyone should keep for the rest of their life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
The Metroidvania GBA and DS Castlevania games were great too.
Yes, I concur. I didn't mention them because they were released much later and not in the early-mid nineties era.
Old 01-06-2016, 03:46 AM   #106
BLADES OF STEAL
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

This company sucks crap. If you get a flawed statue be prepared to fight tooth and nail to get a replacement, which you won't get, or pay with a credit card that will do a charge back. F this company
BLADES OF STEAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 05:22 AM   #107
I and I
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Location: This couple lives in Sint-Maria-Latem (Zwalm - Belgium)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLADES OF STEAL View Post
This company sucks crap. If you get a flawed statue be prepared to fight tooth and nail to get a replacement, which you won't get, or pay with a credit card that will do a charge back. F this company
Never had any problems with them and we own almost every statue they put out
I and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 10:34 AM   #108
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I only own two of their pieces so far, but I had a minor defect on one piece which I reported and they eventually replaced. I wouldn't say I had to fight them on it, but I had to wait a few weeks before the replacement was approved. From my experience, they seem to have a long, drawn out process for this sort of thing. Not what I'm used to with a certain other company, but they still took care of me in the end.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 12:42 PM   #109
BurningRage
Inhumans

I received five statues direct from them and never had a qc issue.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 05:57 PM   #110
Drahmin
Kindly Asked To Leave

Dracula was my first piece from F4F and I had no issue at all.