Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-20-2018, 02:29 PM   #11
Atheris
The Maxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Warlock View Post
Don't expect it to be cheaper. I'll pay more if its better. Detail so far looks great. Gotta see the base.
Will likely have a themed base, which will add to the price. Chronicle is 1k sitting on a plain black base, they already lost me on that, it just looks lazy. They could of given it some beveled edges or some sort of pattern. Instead the chose a frisbee as the base. The feet don't even sit flush on the base, it looks ridiculous, these are CC's own promo pictures, how can you call that a "high end" collectible?

Not only that, you can already tell there is sharper detail and paint quality in P1's promo pics vs CC. I have no doubt P1's will come out on top here.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 02:32 PM   #12
qz33
Rescue

I do hope someone manages a side by side pictorial and video review.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:14 PM   #13
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Will likely have a themed base, which will add to the price. Chronicle is 1k sitting on a plain black base, they already lost me on that, it just looks lazy. They could of given it some beveled edges or some sort of pattern. Instead the chose a frisbee as the base. The feet don't even sit flush on the base, it looks ridiculous, these are CC's own promo pictures, how can you call that a "high end" collectible?

Not only that, you can already tell there is sharper detail and paint quality in P1's promo pics vs CC. I have no doubt P1's will come out on top here.

Chris
agree
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 04:03 PM   #14
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Too funny.
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 04:36 PM   #15
qz33
Rescue

I'm sure there have been many many calls/emails between Chronicle and their licensor since these announcements.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 05:18 PM   #16
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:

Chris

Going to wait for fully revealed photos from Prime 1 before I make a final call but from the teaser that Prime 1 is using, Prime 1's piece certainly looks better. Chronicle needs better pictures for sure with their 1:1 Baby Blue piece. The pictures they are using aren't doing their piece any favors.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 07:17 PM   #17
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
LoLL savage.

Chronicle might as well just cancel theirs at this point. This will probably be cheaper with 10x better quality.

Chris
Honestly, what is with you ? You literally degrade Chronicle at every single chance.

We get it. You don't like Chronicle. Move on.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 08:47 PM   #18
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
Honestly, what is with you ? You literally degrade Chronicle at every single chance.

We get it. You don't like Chronicle. Move on.
Trolls only know how to troll. He doesn't know any better.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 08:50 PM   #19
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
10x is a bit of an exaggeration.

But Chris not out of line thinking Prime 1's quality will outshine the Chronicle piece. In that sense the POM-POM statement could be reflected right back at you, tbh.

It's really CRAZY these are being released back to back. I'm sure Chronicle is not happy about this.
Sure it might be better, but we haven't even seen the full reveal. It could also cost 2x as much and take a year or more longer than Chronicles to get here. The Chronicle bashing gets out of hand, I don't like everything they do, but they don't deserve so many random trolls they seem to attract either.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 09:14 PM   #20
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67L88Stingray View Post
Sure it might be better, but we haven't even seen the full reveal. It could also cost 2x as much and take a year or more longer than Chronicles to get here. The Chronicle bashing gets out of hand, I don't like everything they do, but they don't deserve so many random trolls they seem to attract either.
If you guys think Chronicle gets too much hate you must not spend too much time on the Sideshow board.. I'm not loyal to a particular company, unless you own stock in it why would anyone, I'm loyal to quality and I'll go with the company that produces the highest quality piece
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote