Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-14-2018, 06:17 PM   #101
built2shred
Phoenix

I give them credit for a easy solution for which IMO is a minor issue, most other companies would just ignore customers and tell them to suck it...

Kudos to XM
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 06:50 PM   #102
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
Really? How so? He is one of my favourite characters and I think XMs portrayal is pretty spot on. The only criticism I have of it is that it really only displays well up high on a shelf looking down (which is fitting for the character in my opinion).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
ITA with ComicJesus. I'm also curious to know why you hate the XM design. I think the pose, change-outs, design, and colors look amazing! How would you like your Moon Knight?
*sigh*

1. The anatomy is spotty, especially the proportions from hands, to feet or arm muscle to leg muscle.

2. The texture looks to be splotched on, instead of it being in cohesive patterns it's just violently applied to certain areas, especially from the variation from the costume to the cape, it's jarring.

3. The actual pattern of the stitched together design on the suit doesn't resonate with me at all.

4. The pose is pretty awful for showing the character. Crouched and then one side covered by the overly texture cape. Again, it does nothing for me.

5. The switch-outs, especially the over-sized anchor they called a grappling hook, were a bit alien for the Character. Some crescent shaped throwing stars would have been much more spot on. Though I did like the bow staff.

I could keep going, but honestly what's the point? You like it, I don't.

IF I was going to sculpt him myself, I'd probably stay simplistic, as the character's design was originally.

Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 07:08 PM   #103
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post

IF I was going to sculpt him myself, I'd probably stay simplistic, as the character's design was originally.

That's a nice art print!

Damn it! That should be made into a MoonKnight statue right there.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 07:23 PM   #104
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinesorrow View Post
They also clearly explain why it’s okay to do this and why it works AND why it has seams in the first place.

I guess everyone can just continue being dramatic and complain instead though. Or watch some more weekly live shows answer the important questions such as “favorite pizza topping”
some other companies like ARH put such tipps and hinks years before and got judged by people for HOW CAN YOU DELIVER SOMETHING THAT HAS TO ADJUST BY HEATING

Just my 2 cents on this. but maybe I am too long in the statue hobby... I like the XM people and its nice to see they got same problems like delaying, minor mistakes. Funny how people judging XM and other companies in different ways.

But back to topic (or stove)
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 08:28 PM   #105
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
*sigh*

1. The anatomy is spotty, especially the proportions from hands, to feet or arm muscle to leg muscle.

2. The texture looks to be splotched on, instead of it being in cohesive patterns it's just violently applied to certain areas, especially from the variation from the costume to the cape, it's jarring.

3. The actual pattern of the stitched together design on the suit doesn't resonate with me at all.

4. The pose is pretty awful for showing the character. Crouched and then one side covered by the overly texture cape. Again, it does nothing for me.

5. The switch-outs, especially the over-sized anchor they called a grappling hook, were a bit alien for the Character. Some crescent shaped throwing stars would have been much more spot on. Though I did like the bow staff.

I could keep going, but honestly what's the point? You like it, I don't.

I agree about the anchor, it’s easily the worst switchout. The anatomy I kind of agree with. The bicep does look to be a bit much. The pose is polarizing but I think it works for the character. The textures on the costume I kind of agree with. It’s a tough costume because of the silver and white. The cape is great though they did a nice job with it.

It’s not a perfect statue but I think the ES on the MTO tells us this will be the only Moon Knight to be made.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 10:08 PM   #106
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicJesus View Post
I agree about the anchor, it’s easily the worst switchout. The anatomy I kind of agree with. The bicep does look to be a bit much. The pose is polarizing but I think it works for the character. The textures on the costume I kind of agree with. It’s a tough costume because of the silver and white. The cape is great though they did a nice job with it.

It’s not a perfect statue but I think the ES on the MTO tells us this will be the only Moon Knight to be made.
I guess we'll see.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 11:00 AM   #107
SludgesicleMan
Mephisto

That Moon knight statue is a thing of beauty.

The crouched position with the big flowing cape is a fresh of breath air to a hobby that's becoming a bore with an oversaturated market, large pointless 1/3 scale money pits, and odd design choices.

They made it to order and if you haven't seen it in person it's phenomenal.
SludgesicleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 05:05 PM   #108
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by SludgesicleMan View Post
That Moon knight statue is a thing of beauty.

The crouched position with the big flowing cape is a fresh of breath air to a hobby that's becoming a bore with an oversaturated market, large pointless 1/3 scale money pits, and odd design choices.

They made it to order and if you haven't seen it in person it's phenomenal.

Maybe but these statues are hard to display, not everybody can display then on a upper self.
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 01:43 AM   #109
Ginormousthumbs
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaughn54 View Post
LOL does anyone find it ironic that Brian is wearing US flag shirt and this piece did not have a worldwide license.
That’s the first thing I thought of!
Ginormousthumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2018, 02:28 AM   #110
Screamingstang
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Looking forward to the 12 days coming up. Please, let's hope it's not like it was during spooks 2 months ago
Screamingstang is offline   Reply With Quote