Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-27-2017, 09:22 PM   #31
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
A "masks of evil" line would be nice. Joker (skin mask), red skull, black mask, green goblin, Bane, deadshot, Doom, electro, Deathstroke, etc.. just a line of casted memorable masks across both lines.
You'd want his skin mask?
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 10:04 PM   #32
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
You'd want his skin mask?
Yes. Throw it in a nice black shadow box with some rusty nails and it would be a winner.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 02:07 PM   #33
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I am eagerly awaiting for this to go up in order to see some details. As many guys said after me, this should be a BUST, not a mask, but Sideshow is slowlyyyyyy learning. For some time, they thought that 1/3 or 1/2 or LSB dont sell, but the huge success of Prime1 and ECC or Jerry's 1/3 (the only line that has success nowadays with PCS) is proving them wrong.

The reason? Sideshow missed the underground changes in the hobby. They are only 2 categories of collectors. The "deep-pocket" collectors who dont give a f... for prices buying everything nomatterwhat and the old collectors who are not able to follow the current prices and they are downsizing.

They focused only in 1/5 scale to cater to the second category and they left the ground for Prime1 and ECC or PCS to play in the big scales. Time to change course, Sideshow. We want you back in 1/2 and 1/1 scales.

PS. I strongly believe that the older Joker LSB from Andy Bergholtz is a grail. The execution wasnt perfect but the sculpt is MAGNIFICENT. The same applies to the Green Goblin LSB from the same artist. He is a very talented man. You have to see these masterpieces in flesh in order to admire them. MASTERPIECES
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 04:31 PM   #34
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Up for order tomorrow.

$349.99

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/fac...ife-size-bust/
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 06:57 PM   #35
forps
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Day 1, second 1, millisecond 1 po for me. I am a sucker for anything Joker related (and DC related...and Marvel....and Star Wars....and COTD....and horror....and...). This should be a proper bust (although the masterpiece Joker LSB of Andy Bergholtz cant be topped easily) but @ 349.99, it is a no brainer. And David (Igo), we want a set ES or else few are going to po. SET Edition Size is the way to go.

The price is a nice surprise, though. Bravo, Sideshow.
forps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:32 PM   #36
BurningRage
Inhumans

BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 10:50 PM   #37
Killer Instinct
Death is hereditary.

First off for any Joker fan like myself this piece is a spit in our face. A mask looking semi-bust if you can even call it that and AGAIN like always crap based off Arkham Asylum which is being beat like a dead horse. I got to admit the only thing I like are the playing cards stand. I really don't understand what SSC was thinking when making this monstrosity. The next one they should make is Batman's cowl but with no ears, I'm sure tons of people would love to purchase that.

I supposed the best part of it all is SSC is nowhere near coming close to surpassing the original PF and every single attempt at making a Joker piece is an absolute Joke in itself. Is it so much to ask for to have a traditional Joker?

Or hell how about make a Killing Joker one.

Killer Instinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 12:53 AM   #38
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

This piece is stoopid
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 07:32 AM   #39
Synzaic
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Ya....i do t really get this.

Maybe they should have made it a white makeup case instead of a mask.

Has joker ever wore a joker mask?
Synzaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 07:41 AM   #40
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

The company who made this in partnership with SS is called Pure arts and they have another mask on their website which is a T2 Endoskull art mask.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote