Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 05-27-2017, 09:30 AM   #3681
wolf-brother
Captain Marvel

Congrats DGK! He looks great. I agree with you that no stuffing was needed.
wolf-brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 09:32 AM   #3682
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Yeah when i cracked him open i was most surprised by what a deep rich yellow it is, i tried to get that on the pics.
Great pics

I assume to straighten his mask we will have to cover his face apply some water to mask and steam iron mask? I'm worried the paint will peel.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 09:41 AM   #3683
sirkangol
Painter
Painter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Pics! I struggled because of his size my tripod isn't big enough lol
That's what she said!!!
Old 05-29-2017, 10:36 AM   #3684
Royce12
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Final adjustments. Looking forward to receiving Sub-Zero later this week.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2901.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	297.3 KB
ID:	104795  
Royce12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 05:55 PM   #3685
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce12 View Post
Looks awesome Royce
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 06:41 PM   #3686
Sabinator
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Looking forward to seeing your Sub-Zero as i think your Scorpion with the mods looks the best that i've seen - what did you do to pad the shoulders?
Sabinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:33 PM   #3687
Royce12
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranz View Post
Looks awesome Royce
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabinator View Post
Looking forward to seeing your Sub-Zero as i think your Scorpion with the mods looks the best that i've seen - what did you do to pad the shoulders?
Thanks for the kind words. I've been making little adjustments here and there since he arrived. For the shoulders I removed the gi and opened up the black undergarment. It's glued on but opens enough in the shoulder area to stuff some padding in there. Put the gi back on.. adjusted it so that it rides as high up as possible near the neck but slopes down so that it does not leave a huge gap above the deltoids. I had to slightly fold the gi in the back so that it pulled the front down in the angle that I needed. Then it's just a matter of continuing to fluff it until it looks right.
Royce12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 10:58 PM   #3688
Conan7713
Kindly Asked To Leave

Thumbs down

Guys! Both scorpion and subzero don't look that good. To be absolute honest they are far from exciting as when preliminary and pre order pictures occurred.

I think it is safe to say that preordering this item for most buyers is a disappointment and a mistake. If they could buy it right now they wouldn't but are committed.

PCS needs to stop preordering defective and late statues. They owe something to their fans / customers.

In a few previous pages someone said Jerry was taking a beating. Absolutely Disgusting to hear Jerry is taking a beating after the statues that have been coming out. Financially he is thriving. If anything that beating is from his disappointed customers discontent.

It's not fair that they get by with flawed statues and beyond delayed statues . In the time they took to do the full sales process including delivery I think it's safe to say we could have sent someone to Mars. And that's the honest truth.

Shipping was beyond slow. Hell I haven't even got my scorpion. The base is cheap like the piece is from hobby lobby.

Jerry tries to fix it by sending some crap letter and saying theirs a new ceo and he's still the owner. What a joke.

I ask for justice. I ask for jerry to stop taking cash from his loyal customers untill this is truly ready to ship and his company can show they stick to a date / agreement they present.

Let there be honor. Let there be justice

Jerry says he's an artist first and foremost and not a businessman. SHOW US!
Conan7713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 11:17 PM   #3689
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan7713 View Post
Guys! Both scorpion and subzero don't look that good. To be absolute honest they are far from exciting as when preliminary and pre order pictures occurred.

I think it is safe to say that preordering this item for most buyers is a disappointment and a mistake. If they could buy it right now they wouldn't but are committed.

PCS needs to stop preordering defective and late statues. They owe something to their fans / customers.

In a few previous pages someone said Jerry was taking a beating. Absolutely Disgusting to hear Jerry is taking a beating after the statues that have been coming out. Financially he is thriving. If anything that beating is from his disappointed customers discontent.

It's not fair that they get by with flawed statues and beyond delayed statues . In the time they took to do the full sales process including delivery I think it's safe to say we could have sent someone to Mars. And that's the honest truth.

Shipping was beyond slow. Hell I haven't even got my scorpion. The base is cheap like the piece is from hobby lobby.

Jerry tries to fix it by sending some crap letter and saying theirs a new ceo and he's still the owner. What a joke.

I ask for justice. I ask for jerry to stop taking cash from his loyal customers untill this is truly ready to ship and his company can show they stick to a date / agreement they present.

Let there be honor. Let there be justice

Jerry says he's an artist first and foremost and not a businessman. SHOW US!
I was the one that said Jerry takes a beating and he does outside this forum (not that he gives a damn I wouldn't either) as you can't say certain things here as its a private forum and a lot of people post polite stuff on here then rant about it on Facebook.

If you not happy with pcs do what I did stop ordering until they fix their delays, quality control and what I feel to be ridiculous excuses for certain things. Dont want to wait 2-3 years order statue when it comes out on secondary market. Don't want to wait 3 months for statues after you paid for it then wait till you get final shipping notice. Don't like the way pcs is runned then don't order!!

He claims he's not a business man so he stepped down and focusing on the art. lets see what happens but not a penny of my money will go to new preorders from pcs until they fix these issues I suggest you do the same since you don't seem happy.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 02:35 AM   #3690
Sabinator
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Thanks

Thanks for the kind words. I've been making little adjustments here and there since he arrived. For the shoulders I removed the gi and opened up the black undergarment. It's glued on but opens enough in the shoulder area to stuff some padding in there. Put the gi back on.. adjusted it so that it rides as high up as possible near the neck but slopes down so that it does not leave a huge gap above the deltoids. I had to slightly fold the gi in the back so that it pulled the front down in the angle that I needed. Then it's just a matter of continuing to fluff it until it looks right.
Awesome, what are you using to pad them?
Sabinator is offline   Reply With Quote