Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-16-2017, 08:58 AM   #5331
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Insanity. Beautiful insanity. That is this thread.

I've been pretty PC... BUT.... can't believe people are still crying about the PO process. How did I, a lowly Canadian, who has NEVER PO'd a piece from Sideshow IN MY LIFE, manage to know the time and place to order the EX? It wasn't a government secret. It wasn't an "insiders" secret. Without having any advantage over anyone else, I was able to be ready to hit f5 and snag an order so I think everything was perfectly fair.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 09:33 AM   #5332
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Didn't it take like 10 minutes to sell out? If you really cared about the statue, that's enough time to grab one.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 10:08 AM   #5333
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones View Post

I've been pretty PC... BUT.... can't believe people are still crying about the PO process. How did I, a lowly Canadian, who has NEVER PO'd a piece from Sideshow IN MY LIFE, manage to know the time and place to order the EX? It wasn't a government secret. It wasn't an "insiders" secret. Without having any advantage over anyone else, I was able to be ready to hit f5 and snag an order so I think everything was perfectly fair.
There are a lot of delicate entitled snowflakes that can't comprehend not getting what they wanted, when they wanted and with minimal effort
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 10:41 AM   #5334
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:

uhhhhh russia.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 10:46 AM   #5335
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Lowly Canadians be crafty as hell yo!
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 11:20 AM   #5336
MrJones

We are the quiet, conniving type
Old 04-16-2017, 11:56 AM   #5337
Shadowfax
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:

snooze, you lose
and we Canadians rarely snooze
Shadowfax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 11:59 AM   #5338
MrJones

I want to, as far as I'm concerned, beat a dead horse.

The collector edition is still, such an outstanding statue. I'm working overtime and in between I have been checking this:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/tha...rone-maquette/

Go through those photos of that "regular portrait" and tell me he isn't awesome. No, it doesn't have the trademark smile, but I've read pretty much every appearance of Thanos and he is not always smiling. He is often thinking to himself, or expressing displeasure with an opponent or a subordinate and this reg portrait expresses both of those. It looks like he is motioning for one of his minions to come closer because that minion has failed in his quest. A literal super nova explodes in the eyes of Thanos because internally he is so displeased but his face remains stern and calm because he knows the minion he is motioning for will die by his hands in a few seconds. That is what I see.
Old 04-16-2017, 12:49 PM   #5339
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
I want to, as far as I'm concerned, beat a dead horse.

The collector edition is still, such an outstanding statue. I'm working overtime and in between I have been checking this:

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/blog/tha...rone-maquette/

Go through those photos of that "regular portrait" and tell me he isn't awesome. No, it doesn't have the trademark smile, but I've read pretty much every appearance of Thanos and he is not always smiling. He is often thinking to himself, or expressing displeasure with an opponent or a subordinate and this reg portrait expresses both of those. It looks like he is motioning for one of his minions to come closer because that minion has failed in his quest. A literal super nova explodes in the eyes of Thanos because internally he is so displeased but his face remains stern and calm because he knows the minion he is motioning for will die by his hands in a few seconds. That is what I see.
Honestly imo I think the ex head is a game changer. Look at how amazing it looks with the evil smile. Also the ex we would get both options so we wouldn't need to choose which one is better. Ex or fail here I would say. Finally ss came back with a superb ex! Now to find one for close to retail when the market floods. This one might be a bit harder from the looks of it.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 12:51 PM   #5340
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

close...to...retail?
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote