Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-29-2017, 03:58 PM   #431
Divinesorrow
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
would anyone kick this chick out of bed?

Only to get in the shower to clean up afterwards
Divinesorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 04:13 PM   #432
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
So nice to see the marketing world continues to succeed in pushing the required imagery of female "beauty".

It's a damn wonder why girls get bullied, have self-esteem issues, and try to fit into an unreaslitic mold.

I mean seriously, do you know how demented and skewed the beauty industry is? The industry that we all judge "beauty" by? At one point agents, magazines, and fashion thought Heidi Klum was "too big" and "too curvy" to be a model. WTH?!

The face on this statue is beautiful, not manly. Just beautiful and different than the stereotype. Thanks to Mr. Newman for not making her a basic b!tch.
nobody said people in real life have to be a perfect 10 looks wise. But when your spending $500+ on a statue you do want her to look good.. it would be like spending $500 on a statue of superman without muscles. Do you really want a pencil thin Superman?

As for stereotyping, I guess all woman want are overweight fat guys and pencil thin boyfriends that look like howdy doody (well if their rich some do)... The funny thing about stereotyping is that woman are far more critical of each other then men are of woman. Your comment that if she was young and good looking then she is a B!tch shows that.

There's a saying that woman do not dress up to impress men, they do it to impress other woman.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 05:09 PM   #433
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
So nice to see the marketing world continues to succeed in pushing the required imagery of female "beauty".

It's a damn wonder why girls get bullied, have self-esteem issues, and try to fit into an unreaslitic mold.

I mean seriously, do you know how demented and skewed the beauty industry is? The industry that we all judge "beauty" by? At one point agents, magazines, and fashion thought Heidi Klum was "too big" and "too curvy" to be a model. WTH?!

The face on this statue is beautiful, not manly. Just beautiful and different than the stereotype. Thanks to Mr. Newman for not making her a basic b!tch.
I firmly believe posts like this should be instantly moderated, but I'll feed the trolls for my own amusement I guess.

This character is a depiction of a character from comics historically drawn to be beautiful. For the sake of accuracy, people expect her to have a certain appearance. Also, you have to be weak minded to feel affected by how others perceive fictional characters. On the flip side, one is also quite weak minded if they judge real life people based on the standards of a fictional fantasy character.

And like another pointed out, people are not going to be interested in a fat Superman with a neckbeard, or an Aquaman with freckles, big lips, and aviators.
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 05:22 PM   #434
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Yep, that's me, a SF Troll

You guys should google term "basic b!tch" and what it means. I am happy that this statue isn't what everybody assumes it should be. This statue isn't "Superman without the muscles". This statue has an attractive and beautiful face and is a great looking piece.. Just because she's not sculpted in the standard modeleqsue way, people are calling this piece ugly/manly.

And I never once said that women don't dress for other women or judge them. That would be a ludacris statement and hypocritical of me.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 05:36 PM   #435
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
It doesn't look like a man but the face sculpt should had been someone that looks a little younger, higher cheekbones and smaller chin /jawline.

Elisa Benitez when she was 24 (from the 2001 SI cover) would had been the perfect face as Zatanna for this sculpt.

Bump for sexy! Ms z cosplay with her please ss!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 05:36 PM   #436
Divinesorrow
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
And like another pointed out, people are not going to be interested in a fat Superman with a neckbeard, or an Aquaman with freckles, big lips, and aviators.
People on this forum are saying that she is hideous and looks like a man. Your examples are ridiculous lol. A fat superman with a neck beard isn't superman and an aquaman in your description isn't aquaman. You're using extreme examples to compare to this mild departure on Zatanna.

It's so funny reading these.."yea she is so far and ugly and a man and wow I would NEVER!" "Totally agree must be transgender" nobody has a problem with those posts.

"I think she looks good and wouldn't mind a statue like that and don't want another basic ----- statue" omfg the shock and horror, where are the mods!!??? Troll!
Divinesorrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 05:56 PM   #437
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinesorrow View Post
People on this forum are saying that she is hideous and looks like a man. Your examples are ridiculous lol. A fat superman with a neck beard isn't superman and an aquaman in your description isn't aquaman. You're using extreme examples to compare to this mild departure on Zatanna.

It's so funny reading these.."yea she is so far and ugly and a man and wow I would NEVER!" "Totally agree must be transgender" nobody has a problem with those posts.

"I think she looks good and wouldn't mind a statue like that and don't want another basic ----- statue" omfg the shock and horror, where are the mods!!??? Troll!
You bring up fair points for sure. That being said, I don't actually agree with what people are saying about her appearance. I don't think she looks good, but I also don't think she looks bad either.

There's also nothing okay about someone using the term "basic *****" so yeah I think those posts are very worthy for moderation.

In the end of the day all that is going to matter are sales. I don't care too much for the bunny so I'll probably just wait and get the regular for cheap on the after market, especially since Prime 1's concept looks so much better to me.
Old 05-29-2017, 06:08 PM   #438
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Gyro, my apologies for offending you in my use of current slang that means a girl is standard, conformist, and safe/bland. Aka "basic". but you should know that many women don't take the phrase "b!tch" to be offensive unless it's being aimed at them in a confrontational manner. We have taken that word as used it in empowering terms. Lots of women these days also try not to be a Basic B. And I don't think Zatanna needs to be "basic" either.

Yet somehow that's what people think this statue should look like. I'm tellin ya, I see a lot of Linsner and Conner in how Newman sculpted this. Black Cat has a similar ace which I'm sure would have been bashed more had SS not given us the flash-in-the-pan costume to hate on.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 06:15 PM   #439
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

No worries my friend. That term is not one familiar to me so I was unaware of how it is used. If it can have empowering uses then more power to you.

Everyone has their perceptions of this sculpt it seems. I'll be curious to see how the sales on her end up doing, and also what the edition size for her will be. I do like that in terms of sculpt style, Prime 1 and Sideshow's versions are very different. Prime 1's style appeals to people like me who like female characters looking cute and young rather than sexy or mature. I don't really buy this stuff for sex appeal or anything like that so when I see Prime 1's pose and sculpt, I love how youthful and energetic it looks. She has a very cool expression and it to me invokes the idea of a magic show a lot more. There's something inviting about that sculpt. This one looks more like the end of a magic show. She's just posing to signal that it is time to applaud.
Old 05-29-2017, 06:33 PM   #440
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
Everyone has their perceptions of this sculpt it seems. I'll be curious to see how the sales on her end up doing, and also what the edition size for her will be. I do like that in terms of sculpt style, Prime 1 and Sideshow's versions are very different. Prime 1's style appeals to people like me who like female characters looking cute and young rather than sexy or mature. I don't really buy this stuff for sex appeal or anything like that so when I see Prime 1's pose and sculpt, I love how youthful and energetic it looks. She has a very cool expression and it to me invokes the idea of a magic show a lot more. There's something inviting about that sculpt. This one looks more like the end of a magic show. She's just posing to signal that it is time to applaud.
So you don't like mature and sexy but cute and young.

- Chris Hansen

crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote