Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 06-14-2019, 07:01 PM   #261
omigeo
Alpha Flight

Wow, that PI really came out like a charm. I love the regular portrait for sure. Thanks for such great pictures Ukshaun!
omigeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 06:06 AM   #262
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by omigeo View Post
Wow, that PI really came out like a charm. I love the regular portrait for sure. Thanks for such great pictures Ukshaun!
Thanks, no problem.

I use a an old point'n'click Sony Cyber-shot DCS-P200 7.2 Mega Pixels. It has a mini zoom lens. Attaching the camera to a tripod really helps, as the camera is super sensitive to movement. Even when attached to a tripod, the movement warning flashes as i press the shoot button?

ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 08:39 AM   #263
ukshaun
Hercules

Sideshow - Rogue Maquette EX

Rogue arrived a couple of weeks ago. I've only just taken some photo's as i needed to fix Rogue's
left eye (white dot was missing from left eye, black paint missing in places on left eyelid).

Sideshow sent out a replacement which had a good left eye, but the hair looked lower quality
compared to my original Rogue portrait (there were sculpt flat-spots and the paint didn't look as good).

I like the piece. Other than the left eye issue, yellow dot on upper right thigh sloppy yellow paint
on Rough's right thumb and one or two not so tight paint lines the piece turned out great!

The dust on Rogue's feet that was present on the prototype is missing from the production piece?

The base looks excellent. Rogue appears to have turned out close like the prototype. The unique
pose concept makes the piece different to all the other 1/4 scale pieces. Needless to say,
Rogue is a keeper

The brown leather jacket is a worry. What will it look like in 10 years?

All in all.. love this piece!
Old 07-18-2019, 10:06 AM   #264
ukshaun
Hercules

Sideshow - X-23 EX PF

X-23 arrived today. If I’m honest, I felt somewhat under whelmed by the piece. The first thing
that struck me was the small size of X-23. Her head sculpt is borderline 1/5th scale (smaller
than Rogue and Elektra). I might be wrong, but the lower arms/hands feel like plastic. I started
to have flashbacks to the average (Margot Robbie) Harley Quinn PF (that also felt small, with
plastic hands). X-23's head is a loose fit, although a magnet holds it in place. The leg to base
connection is questionable, slightly loose.

The hands/arms attach to the uppers arms, and there is a visible join. They could have avoided
the join by having a socket design. Instead they've gone with flat surface against flat surface,
resulting in a small gap.

Good news: The claws are metal.
Eye's look good, as does the mouth paint app. Eyebrows are done well.

The large blue black hand design base. Again, it feels like plastic. It’s nowhere near as metallic
looking as I expected it to look.

Compared to my other recent pieces from Sideshow, which include Red Sonja, Elektra, Rogue
and Poison Ivy, X-23 would rank last in this line up, when it comes to factory production quality.
I’m actually on the verge of returning the piece. Also, there are a couple of black plaint marks
on the left hand, stomach, and one of the top left area near X-23’s shoulder.

I’d rate X-23 8/10

The DHL import charge failed to make sense, as the X-23 box is about the same size as the box
for Elektra, and price difference was $48. The import charge for X-23 was almost the same as
Rogue, which cost more and came in a much bigger box.

X-23 ($590.00) DHL Import charge $133.56
Elektra ($542.46) DHL Import charge $44.69
Rogue ($715.00) DHL Import charge $140
Old 07-18-2019, 10:08 AM   #265
ukshaun
Hercules

Sideshow - X-23 EX PF
Old 07-18-2019, 12:34 PM   #266
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Thanks for the review Shaun! I'm a little concerned about the paint apps on this piece. I notice you've got a weird black spot on her left shoulder.
GaryTonge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 02:16 PM   #267
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
Thanks for the review Shaun! I'm a little concerned about the paint apps on this piece. I notice you've got a weird black spot on her left shoulder.
It's paint. Probably not worth returning?
..there's also black scuff marks on one of X-23's hands and stomach.
These days most PF's come with one or two small issues.

I'd describe X-23 as 1/5 scale.

X-23 chest width 6.5cm
Rogue chest width 8cm
Old 07-18-2019, 02:31 PM   #268
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
It's paint. Probably not worth returning?
..there's also black scuff marks on one of X-23's hands and stomach.
These days most PF's come with one or two small issues.

I'd describe X-23 as 1/5 scale.
That would bug the ---- out of me. I guess I've become less tolerant of stuff like this with the price increases.
Old 07-18-2019, 02:44 PM   #269
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryTonge View Post
That would bug the ---- out of me. I guess I've become less tolerant of stuff like this with the price increases.
Quality down. Prices up. It's not good.

I have just one Sideshow piece on pre_order (Catwoman EX PF).
I can see me calling it a day and possibly picking up the odd 'good' piece on the aftermarket when the hype has dropped.

Smaller companies such as HMO and XM Studio's appear be more in touch when it comes to QC
Old 07-18-2019, 02:53 PM   #270
GaryTonge
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Quality down. Prices up. It's not good.

I have just one Sideshow piece on pre_order (Catwoman EX PF).
I can see me calling it a day and possibly picking up the odd 'good' piece on the aftermarket when the hype has dropped.

Smaller companies such as HMO and XM Studio's appear be more in touch when it comes to QC
I believe that smaller companies with small edition sizes can get a better handle on quality. It seems to make sense.

I think the aftermarket is probably the way to go with Sideshow. They've done the QC work for you. I'm getting frustrated with the multiple issues I've had to deal with(we all have).