Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 05-24-2012, 03:48 PM   #21
vudoo1979
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I like her-see is a definite buy. I am glad I purchased her. You would not be disappointed.
vudoo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:51 PM   #22
Madame_Siryn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
I must get one of these. I'm a little late trying to collect this series. There are so many awesome ones.
Mystique is a beauty and I'm glad to own her. Just to give you a little heads up on the Koto Dc/Marvel bishoujo line: regular Ms. Marvel, Psylocke, Rogue the first Black Widow, Dark Phoenix, regular Emma Frost, Catwoman, Blue/gray Batgirl, and Wonder Woman are sold out at the Koto website. As a result, those statues may go way over retail price.
Madame_Siryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:47 PM   #23
Rogue
I wear the pants around here
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame_Siryn View Post
Mystique is a beauty and I'm glad to own her. Just to give you a little heads up on the Koto Dc/Marvel bishoujo line: regular Ms. Marvel, Psylocke, Rogue the first Black Widow, Dark Phoenix, regular Emma Frost, Catwoman, Blue/gray Batgirl, and Wonder Woman are sold out at the Koto website. As a result, those statues may go way over retail price.
Thank you for the heads up. I've noticed Rogue is very expensive and there are 2 versions for her (long and short coat). Hopefully I can find one at the comic conventions this summer.
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:10 PM   #24
sbsp13668
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dccowen View Post
Got mine a day or so ago, and it came out really nicely, however her head did repeatedly fall off. Pegs fit real well. It was jarring not having a left hand after the head fell off.
Sorry to be dragging up such an old post, but I thought it was better than making a new thread.

When I got my Mystique, her head was wobbly. It scared the crap outta me after having just taken her out of the box. It's just a bit wobbly if I touch it, and looks like it was improperly attached to her neck. Her head hasn't come off, though, and you have to hold her upside down and squint to see that it looks a bit loose.

As for mine's base, she fit perfectly fine. And, although I like the fancier bases that Koto.'s statues have come with, I didn't know that Mystique even came with a base before I bought her. So, it was a pleasant surprise that I would not have to worry about her boots getting scraped on my shelf. (A fancier base would still be awesome, though).

TLDR: Has anybody else had any trouble with her head being loose or not being attached at all? (I'm still a bit worried that I may have been too rough removing her packaging, and I'm new to collecting such delicate statues).
sbsp13668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:39 PM   #25
Madame_Siryn

Mystique's head should not wobble whatsoever. You probably received a defective statue and have it returned to where ever you brought it from.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:54 AM   #26
sbsp13668
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame_Siryn View Post
Mystique's head should not wobble whatsoever. You probably received a defective statue and have it returned to where ever you brought it from.
Thanks! It's been a bit too long to return it, but it's good to know that it's only a defect and that the other statues are okay.
Old 07-20-2012, 11:06 AM   #27
Madame_Siryn

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsp13668 View Post
Thanks! It's been a bit too long to return it, but it's good to know that it's only a defect and that the other statues are okay.
Oh I see. Then some good, strong adhesive will solve the problem or simply purchase another one.
Old 07-20-2012, 04:18 PM   #28
UnicornPegasus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbsp13668 View Post
Sorry to be dragging up such an old post, but I thought it was better than making a new thread.

When I got my Mystique, her head was wobbly. It scared the crap outta me after having just taken her out of the box. It's just a bit wobbly if I touch it, and looks like it was improperly attached to her neck. Her head hasn't come off, though, and you have to hold her upside down and squint to see that it looks a bit loose.

As for mine's base, she fit perfectly fine. And, although I like the fancier bases that Koto.'s statues have come with, I didn't know that Mystique even came with a base before I bought her. So, it was a pleasant surprise that I would not have to worry about her boots getting scraped on my shelf. (A fancier base would still be awesome, though).

TLDR: Has anybody else had any trouble with her head being loose or not being attached at all? (I'm still a bit worried that I may have been too rough removing her packaging, and I'm new to collecting such delicate statues).
I freaked out when I got my Liara Bishoujo because her head moved and wobbled, then saw the ball joint indicating her head was mean to be pose-able. But, Mystique's (at least mine anyway) is solidly mounted, not that I've given it a torture test though.

I agree with the glue solution if it's of a true concern for you.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:31 PM   #29
sbsp13668
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
I freaked out when I got my Liara Bishoujo because her head moved and wobbled, then saw the ball joint indicating her head was mean to be pose-able. But, Mystique's (at least mine anyway) is solidly mounted, not that I've given it a torture test though.

I agree with the glue solution if it's of a true concern for you.
Nice! I didn't know that Liara had that feature either. My Mystique's head has stayed on so far, so I'm gonna leave it. But if it does fall off, do you think that glue from my local Warhammer store would fix it? (That Warhammer store has the only good model paints near me, so I figure that they'll have the only good glue too...) Thanks!
Old 08-28-2012, 12:31 AM   #30
King Leonidas
Doh!

Got this one a few months ago.....She definitely looks better in Bishoujo....Looks a little more friendlier! LOL I agree that her skin tone perfectly fits her.....Good thing I didn't have that much problems with the pegs
King Leonidas is offline   Reply With Quote