Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-10-2022, 06:50 AM   #521
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by schachi08 View Post
The one with the bleeding purple cape that sticks to the body? Sorry, I would not accept that. Hopefully the cape of the new Huntress does not show these problems in the future, too.
Just display it without the cape. Unlike some other Sideshow statues, the head sits securely in the neck without the cape.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 06:57 AM   #522
schachi08
The Avengers

Yes, that‘s an option but I would miss the cape.
schachi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 07:14 AM   #523
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Yes, that?s an option but I would miss the cape.
It's probably the easiest / cheapest part of the statue to make a custom replacement. I imagine using non-pleather materials for the white strips would be superior to Sideshow's design, too.

Also, the cape on the new statue is pre-attached, so it's heavily wrinkled/crumpled.

Old 08-10-2022, 09:40 AM   #524
OhHaiMark
Justice League

I'm returning the replacement head for a credit. Apparently they don't have any more that would be better: "Please know the new Huntress Portrait sent to you was opened and inspected prior to shipping. This was the best possible one we had available, and unfortunately, we do not have another replacement at this time that would be a considerable difference."
OhHaiMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 09:48 AM   #525
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhHaiMark View Post
I'm returning the replacement head for a credit. Apparently they don't have any more that would be better: "Please know the new Huntress Portrait sent to you was opened and inspected prior to shipping. This was the best possible one we had available, and unfortunately, we do not have another replacement at this time that would be a considerable difference."
What you return will probably be sent out to someone else who has one in poorer shape than the one you returned.

That is what happened when i returned my PCS Chun-Li 1/3 Alpha to Sideshow. They swapped it for a piece that had a different fault to the one i returned?
The piece i received was someone else's return.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 09:49 AM   #526
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Old 08-10-2022, 10:38 AM   #527
SDguy

Quote:
Wow, looking like she just got out of a fight and someone punched the mask crooked on her face is the best they have? I hope no one else needs a replacement after you.

Good move on returning, I wouldn't keep that, even though it sucks not getting to have a statue you wanted.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 11:16 AM   #528
Asgard
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

It's a shame you can't get a decent replacement part.
I would also send the statue back completely.
Asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 12:00 PM   #529
AC_808
Hercules

Same here. If there's no good portrait to be had, then I'd return the whole thing.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 01:16 PM   #530
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
The one with the bleeding purple cape that sticks to the body? Sorry, I would not accept that. Hopefully the cape of the new Huntress does not show these problems in the future, too.
They sent out replacements so they didn't all look like that. The previous one is a great option
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote