Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 11-08-2019, 12:28 PM   #81
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I definitely think PCS needs to explain the process especially on the large scale items. The smaller scale I can dismiss the use of decals personally. However collectors needs to be given full disclosure what they are buying. The large scales aren't exactly priced that great to begin with so it's Important everyone knows up front what they are paying for. I'll see if this has been brought up in the Facebook group. I'm not making any claim weather their process is good or bad but I agree it should be transparent with collectibles of this cost.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 01:28 PM   #82
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
I definitely think PCS needs to explain the process especially on the large scale items. The smaller scale I can dismiss the use of decals personally. However collectors needs to be given full disclosure what they are buying. The large scales aren't exactly priced that great to begin with so it's Important everyone knows up front what they are paying for. I'll see if this has been brought up in the Facebook group. I'm not making any claim weather their process is good or bad but I agree it should be transparent with collectibles of this cost.
I had originally thought most of the piece would be painted, but with decals to create part of the cell shading effect. What I wasn’t expecting was for nearly everything on the tiny PCS Optimus to be a decal.

I’m sure decals were used on the Prime 1 DOTM Optimus too, but it seems it was limited to only flame effects on the body, but it was pretty seamless between them and the body paint.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 02:19 PM   #83
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I'm not getting out the pitchforks and tourches over this but some clarity from PCS is in order. Especially the very expensive large scale versions like this Megatron. I freely admit I love this statue and even the use of decals probably won't turn me away but still it's always good to know what exactly your hard earned cash is paying for.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 10:15 PM   #84
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

PCS Transformers

I got the jets and they are AWESOME! My favorite statues now. I like these alot more than my IA transformers. They are just as big with less flaws. I was skeptical on the process at first but after getting them all I can say is wow. They look like they just came right out of my tv. I talked with them a little about the paint process and they actually bake the slides on then coat them afterwards for protection. They were still learning this process when doing little prime (not impressed) but wow have they perfected it now. These are not even comparible in looks. Little soundwave looks good also but these jets are just crazy awesome. I have now preordered prime and megatron. IA prime is going to get moved to the basement. These are that good. for some pics of my jets see link below. I took pictures of them next to my IA transformers for size comparisons and the looks of these just pop right out. LOC Jazz turns into an ankle biter.
http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...=1#post5887862
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 11:32 AM   #85
Ljaat
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I see Sideshow has him in stock now. Anyone gotten this yet?
Ljaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 11:55 AM   #86
craigcliff1
Zot

Yes some on Group got Megs
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 11:56 AM   #87
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljaat View Post
I see Sideshow has him in stock now. Anyone gotten this yet?
Yes. I posted it on the “post here when you get a new PCs statue “
It’s awesome
Old 01-27-2021, 07:32 PM   #88
dao2
Cyclops

Gem mint also posted a video on it and the video is good lighting/quality so you can get a good idea of what it looks like.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 08:13 PM   #89
Ljaat
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Thanks, will check it out. I'll end up getting it, just trying to decide if the SS exclusive is worth the $75 in shipping.
Ljaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 08:27 PM   #90
extracomputer.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljaat View Post
Thanks, will check it out. I'll end up getting it, just trying to decide if the SS exclusive is worth the $75 in shipping.
I would base that entirely on the head. The smirk head to me looks a lot better but the other exclusive part I am Leary of using due to the amount of weight at the end. That ball is very solid and heavy on the mace. Afraid of the stress it would cause. Also can’t have the canon arm on while the mace is on anyways.