Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-23-2020, 04:55 PM   #261
AlexT
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberpunk12 View Post
I didn't say that at all... I understand economics and don't expect anyone to give money away to make a point.
My mistake then. I misunderstood you.
AlexT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 09:53 PM   #262
built2shred
Phoenix

I was thinking about this line today and I bet you could keep the classic costumes and improve sales by doing more action poses with more elaborate bases...

I think the combination of classic costumes and museum poses makes the line a bit bland...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 11:32 PM   #263
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I do think some more action poses would be nice. Out of all the Super Powers line, the only true action poses (in my opinion) are Harley Quinn, Supergirl, Martian Manhunter and Starfire. The ones in a semi action pose (in my opinion) would be Mr Mxptylk, Wonder Woman and The Cheetah (the latter two could be considered action poses even with the Captain Morgan knee up). I like that there have been some true museum poses (Superman, Shazam and Batgirl) but I think some more action poses would be good.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 04:19 AM   #264
FJC
Midnighter

Chad better not F up Deathstroke. I will blow my top if we get anything other than a classic Perez Deathstroke. Igo already F'd over classic Perez Deathstroke fans with the Deathstroker PF. If Chad and Igo do the same thing with the Superpowers Deathstroke, I'll never even look at another Tweeterhead product again.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 08:34 AM   #265
stingermck
Frackin!

Talking about Titans, if Cyborg gets made, I dont see how there is any chance now it would be the 80s version with the shorts. I assume the modern transformers look would sell better.
stingermck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 08:42 AM   #266
Demona
Martian Manhunter

My two cents is this: Do Flash and Aquaman in the same classic style to finish the Superpowers line. It's not a hard ask and it's two characters. Flash is a popular character who gets little love and might have more sales from even those who didn't collect the rest of the line. Also, it meets the standards and dream that Chad started.

From there on out - do statues like Ivy. If that means redoing a Superman to be more modern to pair with a Lex, so be it. Batman jazzed up to match a Two Face or Freeze - sweet!

I was stunned and so happy to get Catwoman. Never in a million years did I see that happening. And I believe she sold well. Then again, T&A always does. So if Chad needs to crank out a couple women to fund classic Flash and Aquaman, do it. I will happily buy Ivy, modern Zatanna, Hawkgirl, Black Canary (blue jacket) and fund the hell outta the last two Super Powers JLAers. Oh and a Powergirl for Augen.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 08:44 AM   #267
AlexT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
My two cents is this: Do Flash and Aquaman in the same classic style to finish the Superpowers line. It's not a hard ask and it's two characters. Flash is a popular character who gets little love and might have more sales from even those who didn't collect the rest of the line. Also, it meets the standards and dream that Chad started.

From there on out - do statues like Ivy. If that means redoing a Superman to be more modern to pair with a Lex, so be it. Batman jazzed up to match a Two Face or Freeze - sweet!

I was stunned and so happy to get Catwoman. Never in a million years did I see that happening. And I believe she sold well. Then again, T&A always does. So if Chad needs to crank out a couple women to fund classic Flash and Aquaman, do it. I will happily buy Ivy, modern Zatanna, Hawkgirl, Black Canary (blue jacket) and fund the hell outta the last two Super Powers JLAers. Oh and a Powergirl for Augen.
Old 07-24-2020, 08:45 AM   #268
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Now back to Ivy -- do we know when in August the full release and PO will go up? I'm going to be on vacation in middle of the month and don't want to miss this!
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 09:16 AM   #269
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Now back to Ivy -- do we know when in August the full release and PO will go up? I'm going to be on vacation in middle of the month and don't want to miss this!
I'll keep you posted Lindsay
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 09:44 AM   #270
AlexT

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
I'll keep you posted Lindsay
Now that’s a VIP treatment right there!