Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-30-2020, 05:30 AM   #81
pdenham
Teen Titans

first image I though of when I saw the teaser was this which was one of the key PR images for the character when the film was released.

It clearly wouldn't be an exact recreation, but I think they'd be smart to riff off this scene in any way they could.
It's an iconic image and being a horizontal arrangement, offers something completely fresh for this character in terms of statues.

I do have to wonder if the motivation to use this attitude wasn't inspired by Sideshow's Deja Thoris which was shown just about the time this was probably being hashed out.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 03:54 AM   #82
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Shreck View Post
You know me all too well. I’ve actually seen this when I was over at Ironhead Studio, and Jose showed us the 3D render, but back then it was just a personal project for him that he wanted to release under the umbrella of the company. I’m really happy that all these companies are no collaborating to bring a piece with such prestige to the collector. Cannot wait for the full reveal.
Ironhead's Instagram a couple of weeks ago:

Quote:
Sneak peak! We've been collaborting with Tweeterhead on a Catwoman Collectible Statue. This character is very near and dear to Jose's heart and he is excited to be a part of the project. Jose and the Ironhead team have been working hard on this for some time and cant wait to share more with you soon!
For those not in the know, Jose Fernandez actually created Catwoman's cowl for the film. He revealed these pics of Michelle first trying it on last year. (Jose is the guy in the background.)

Can't wait to finally see this revealed!
Shoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 09:13 AM   #83
SONICobra
Batman

jose is an absolute LEGEND
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 09:16 AM   #84
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
first image I though of when I saw the teaser was this which was one of the key PR images for the character when the film was released.

It clearly wouldn't be an exact recreation, but I think they'd be smart to riff off this scene in any way they could.
It's an iconic image and being a horizontal arrangement, offers something completely fresh for this character in terms of statues.

I do have to wonder if the motivation to use this attitude wasn't inspired by Sideshow's Deja Thoris which was shown just about the time this was probably being hashed out.
Not even remotely close
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 09:27 AM   #85
Demona
Martian Manhunter

So, are we looking at a price tag that is double the usual TH maquette? Or are we going to be using Sideshow pricing and thinking this is $650 (at least)?

And do the same rules apply if we pay in full?
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 10:14 AM   #86
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
So, are we looking at a price tag that is double the usual TH maquette? Or are we going to be using Sideshow pricing and thinking this is $650 (at least)?

And do the same rules apply if we pay in full?
Demona, that part I have no idea. I know Chad always wants to keep pricing reasonable but this is a multi-collaboration and it is 1:4 scale with a freaking amazing base. So I think we may be seeing that reflected in the pricing.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 10:15 AM   #87
vudoo1979
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

This is the one I want to see the MOST!!
vudoo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 10:51 AM   #88
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
Demona, that part I have no idea. I know Chad always wants to keep pricing reasonable but this is a multi-collaboration and it is 1:4 scale with a freaking amazing base. So I think we may be seeing that reflected in the pricing.
I hope that Chad and Tweeterhead get to see the larger portion of the cost of this statue. I know that it's a "colab" with Sideshow, but the bulk of the work is TH. And with TH, the accuracy of Michelle's face will be there.

Regardless of price...well I shouldn't say that...I will get this. If its at 700, I'm really going to have to ponder.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 12:14 PM   #89
French Cancan
Deadman

No matter the price -sigh-, just give me Michelle, and I'll be happy.

Ooh, shut up...
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2020, 12:20 PM   #90
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Ironhead's Instagram a couple of weeks ago:

For those not in the know, Jose Fernandez actually created Catwoman's cowl for the film. He revealed these pics of Michelle first trying it on last year. (Jose is the guy in the background.)

Can't wait to finally see this revealed!
Imagine that as a switch out EX portrait.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote