Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-09-2020, 04:30 PM   #31
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Exactly. Great for those who have the time and congrats for catching the points. The last 4/5 times I was within the time limit for the code I got the message that the code reached its maximum already. Rather than code wait and rush, I’d rather spend my time making enough money that the freebies don’t even matter. So far, so good.
Those stated one hour ‘time limits’ are obviously false, as they’re usually gone in a few minutes because of the redemption cap.

I know we joke that they last only 30 seconds but more often than not we have a few minutes to get them. But because of the time it takes for a collector to post the code for us, and the time it takes for the notification to be received, code input webpage refreshing etc, it can seem quite short.

But as long as you get the notification in a ‘timely’ fashion (which hasn’t been possible for some) most codes are possible. As long as you’re awake, and have easy access to a phone (though life and work take priority over a couple of dollars).
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 05:18 PM   #32
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
I assume it will be another sale, a sale that offer's books, PCS pieces, and one or two other items.
Given the amount of book's in the Holiday Sale, i have come to the conclusion book's do not sell well.
I would agree there books don't sell well, nice idea but not many care for them. I personally don't even buy physical books/comic books, only digital as any space i have is needed for box storage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I never get my hopes up with Sideshow anymore. This whole year has been one big disappointment after another.

Still waiting on Batman Who Laughs to get a blog and a pre-order.
BWL and Taskmaster are the only 2 PF (ok 5 if you count the 3 mando pf's) reveals this year that were not repeats. I wonder what the year would have panned out to if COVID hadn't happened.

At this point all I care about is for SS to show a new Storm PF (which seems the rumors are to many to know that it's coming for 12 days) and have 2021 be new X-men reveals.

At least XM studios has gotten us more excited that they will keep doing X-men statues and probably be shown in there January annoucements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
2020 has been an odd year for Sideshow Collectibles.

As 2020 comes to a close, when i comes to Sideshow, the only new pieces i can think of are Superman and Black Canary. Also, there is the Tweeterhead/Sideshow Catwoman piece.

..what has Will Harbottle been up to?

I am not moaning too much, as i can think of atleast 4 pieces Sideshow have up for sale that i would not mind adding to my collection.
2020 has been a year of ponderings, for me atleast, and getting my bank balance into good shape
Those new pieces are nice but people want to see characters not done yet.

Cool that you found some on sale statues you can enjoy. Also that's the only good thing about not having much shown this year is at least we get to save money.

Last edited by moyiori; 11-09-2020 at 05:19 PM. Reason: added
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 05:32 PM   #33
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

If I can snag 54 more dollars in Rewards I should have $300+ banked from both purchases and codes by the beginning of 2021. So then the question becomes, do I use them on Robin, Bane or wait and use them on something that comes up during 12 days...decisions, decisions...
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2020, 05:42 PM   #34
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
Those stated one hour ‘time limits’ are obviously false, as they’re usually gone in a few minutes because of the redemption cap.
Not so much false per se, but rather a safety net that is never triggered due to the redemption limits. But the conclusion is the same, the time limits are pointless now
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 04:44 AM   #35
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Well the sales during the events did help them sell through Batgirl, Emma Frost and Magneto.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 09:10 AM   #36
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Time limits, number of use limits, what's next? Browser limits? Location limits? Age limits?
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 09:18 AM   #37
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Time limits, number of use limits, what's next? Browser limits? Location limits? Age limits?
Or this!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Robin.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	39.5 KB
ID:	134791  
jeremydmc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 10:45 AM   #38
SDguy

Ha! I think the comment on FB pretty much sums up the complete difference between many forum members here and the target audience SS is catering to.... they don't even consider reveals an event.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12days.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	134795  
SDguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 11:13 AM   #39
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Wow ok, maybe just cause this forum is consist of long time collectors and SS FB/IN is newer ? Cause reveals should be a bigger deal in my opinion. These events is SS way of getting rid of inventory and here's a few bucks.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 08:02 PM   #40
V4XCollect
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

This forum is not the target audience for Geeksgiving or Spooktacular... times have changed

If you're not regularly on Facebook/Instagram, know TikTok & YouTube celebs by name and watch Twitch weekly, it's not for you...
V4XCollect is offline   Reply With Quote