Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 07-01-2018, 07:15 PM   #2481
pdenham
Teen Titans

I agree that SS's edition sizes are wildly out of scale (npi) for the current (lack of) mainstream popularity for this character.

All it takes to change that though is one good movie or TV show. Or even a graphic novel or short run that enjoys crossover appeal.

By that time that happens (if ever), this piece will likely be well out of production and new statue prices in general will be much higher as a baseline.

Just how much mass popularity did Iron Man enjoy before RDJR was on the screen at the multi-plex?

I'm a firm believer that quality will out over time, and there are qualities to this piece that are easily at the highest levels for this industry.

I just checked the sold listings for the previous Harbottle Sonja. Despite having a similar outsized ES, it's already regularly going for a premium of >$100 more than retail.

Sometimes people do recognize and reward quality work.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:24 PM   #2482
Mister S.
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Well, it's new and easily available. So it's not rare nor carrying an inflated, aftermarket "collector's price .
If that is the primary criterion for "grail" status then no, it's not a grail piece (yet).

I'll say this though, I would let go of my Ex of Conan: The Prize long before I voluntarily give up my CE of this.

Over the last couple days, the more I muse on it the easier this vaults over all the other stuff I own to the top of the list.
It would be hard to give up the GG Black Widow 'cause I love Scarlett and that's the closest any 1/4 statue is ever going to come to doing her justice.
But , if I'm being totally honest, this is such a much more impressive piece altogether.
True that for a piece to be grail there are some " aftermarket characteristics" it has to have nonetheless, for me
(and agree with your standpoint) there is that feeling when you own something that makes you appreciate it over the rest of the other stuff
Mister S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 06:12 AM   #2483
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister S. View Post
Could this be considered a grail?
She will. In 2057. After a virus destroyed any polystone on Earth. Except for my RS statue, perfectly vacuum-packed.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 06:58 AM   #2484
warhead
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Despite the monotone flesh paintup on my statue, I have really been appreciating this the more I stare at it, the attitude of this statue really comes out in the sculpt and pose.
warhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:34 AM   #2485
Barbarian
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhead View Post
Despite the monotone flesh paintup on my statue, I have really been appreciating this the more I stare at it, the attitude of this statue really comes out in the sculpt and pose.
Totally agree with everything you said here. Flat skin tone, but awesome statue otherwise.
Barbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 11:54 AM   #2486
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
She will. In 2057. After a virus destroyed any polystone on Earth. Except for my RS statue, perfectly vacuum-packed.
the VIRUS is so aggressiv it is eating through vacuum... so yours will also be destroyed!
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 01:43 PM   #2487
stone eagle
Justice League

I just unboxed my Red Sonja and I am very impressed!
No photos yet but she looks like all the others posted...
If she was real I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers.
(oh who am I kidding, if she was real I probably would be dead )
stone eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 04:30 PM   #2488
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stone eagle View Post
I just unboxed my Red Sonja and I am very impressed!
No photos yet but she looks like all the others posted...
If she was real I wouldn't kick her out of bed for eating crackers.
(oh who am I kidding, if she was real I probably would be dead )
If she was a real woman, she would be wearing sweat pants and hair rollers when you came home! She'd bust your balls for not pulling your weight around the house (even though you work a 70hr week). She'd complain that you're too fat and don't earn enough. And one day you'd come home to find her in bed with your brother / your dad / your neighbour......or hell, maybe all of them....at once.

No, be careful what you wish for......it's called a fantasy for a reason.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 04:36 PM   #2489
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
If she was a real woman, she would be wearing sweat pants and hair rollers when you came home! She'd bust your balls for not pulling your weight around the house (even though you work a 70hr week). She'd complain that you're too fat and don't earn enough. And one day you'd come home to find her in bed with your brother / your dad / your neighbour......or hell, maybe all of them....at once.

No, be careful what you wish for......it's called a fantasy for a reason.
pretty weird post...
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 04:50 PM   #2490
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Sounds like the story of your life !?!?
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote