Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music > Audio/Video Sales & Hot Deals Links

Old 05-31-2012, 05:50 PM   #1641
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Well I bit the bullet so to speak and picked up Deadwood. $50 was my desired price point but I've been itching to revisit this series lately and don't really feel like waiting another year.

@ Ryan - regarding the finale of the series - they had planned to wrap it up more completely with 1 or possibly even 2 HBO movies but unfortunately it never materialized. The entire creative team was on board but HBO dragged their feet just long enough that by the time they decided they'd do it the talent had moved on. Shame really but I'm content with how it wrapped up after it's 3 season run.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:04 PM   #1642
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Yeah.. the ending satisfied me enough; they ended each season with a "thump", thankfully...

Shame on HBO; I didn't know that. to them.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:57 PM   #1643
rychehitman
Galactus

Quick question for the blu ray masters here.....

Are the LOTR blu rays the extended versions or the regular theater releases? A local store has them used for $10 each and I could not tell by looking at them which version they were.

Thanks in advance for the help!
rychehitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:30 PM   #1644
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychehitman View Post
Quick question for the blu ray masters here.....

Are the LOTR blu rays the extended versions or the regular theater releases? A local store has them used for $10 each and I could not tell by looking at them which version they were.

Thanks in advance for the help!
Both are out on Blu-ray. The Extended Editions are only in the box set. The Theatrical versions were released in both box set form and individually.

So most likely what you were looking at was the Theatrical Releases.

If you want the EE's this is the set you must pick up.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:16 AM   #1645
dr_teng

Rome : The Complete Series is down to $48.99

I rather enjoyed Rome, for under $50 it's a steal.

Be one of the first 5000 to pre-order Prometheus on Blu-ray and get a free $10 towards your admission to the movie

Since that offer just went up, shouldn't be a problem to be one of the first 5000 for the next day or so!
Old 06-01-2012, 11:00 AM   #1646
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

^ thanks, just pre-ordered Prometheus.

Already have Rome. Bought it new for the same price off eBay about a month ago. Great series.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:29 PM   #1647
dr_teng

One more deal for the day!

Marvel's The Avengers (Four-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD + Digital Copy) for $34.99 + $5 off coupon

For those not familiar with how Amazon coupons work on pre-orders, if you order at $34.99 + $5 off coupon and the price drops to $29.99 (as an example) before it ships? That $5 coupon is still on your order, so it'll be $24.99. You basically pre-order to lock in the coupon, I've gotten some great deals that way.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:41 PM   #1648
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_teng View Post
One more deal for the day!

Marvel's The Avengers (Four-Disc Combo: Blu-ray 3D/Blu-ray/DVD + Digital Copy) for $34.99 + $5 off coupon

For those not familiar with how Amazon coupons work on pre-orders, if you order at $34.99 + $5 off coupon and the price drops to $29.99 (as an example) before it ships? That $5 coupon is still on your order, so it'll be $24.99. You basically pre-order to lock in the coupon, I've gotten some great deals that way.
I've used these coupons in the past, and they guarantee you'll get the lowest price on release day, but usually if you wait a week or two past release day you'll see another price drop to 50% off MSRP sometimes more.

Just depends how quickly you want it.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 01:56 PM   #1649
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Is this the only version of the film available on BD? I can't find any other. I'm not interested in the 3D combo and generally they're more expensive which would negate the savings from the coupon.
Old 06-01-2012, 02:00 PM   #1650
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Is this the only version of the film available on BD? I can't find any other. I'm not interested in the 3D combo and generally they're more expensive which would negate the savings from the coupon.
The 2D is available @ $27.99 with no coupon. I was wondering the same thing and did a search and found it on the second or third page. Amazon tries to push the 3D because that's what the public loves!
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote