Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-03-2017, 01:53 AM   #1541
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Hopefully there is a silver lining in this whole situation in which SS uses better material on their capes and/or make more sculpted capes in the future.
I’m not a big fan sculpted as I wasn’t impressed by the Batman and Superman PFs I own. Those capes are too thick and heavy. They are also rotocast and hollow which results in some spots being eggshell thin. I had to get a replacement cape for Batman as one part of the cape was paper thin. And Supes is unbalanced because the weight. I have the Mythos Vader and Obi Wan which have great looking sculpted capes. But the weight, especially on Obi Wan concenrs me about long term balance and stress on the figure.

I don’t have anything later with a sculpted cape. If Sideshow impoves/improved sculpted capes I might reconsider.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 03:04 AM   #1542
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
I’m not a big fan sculpted as I wasn’t impressed by the Batman and Superman PFs I own. Those capes are too thick and heavy. They are also rotocast and hollow which results in some spots being eggshell thin. I had to get a replacement cape for Batman as one part of the cape was paper thin. And Supes is unbalanced because the weight. I have the Mythos Vader and Obi Wan which have great looking sculpted capes. But the weight, especially on Obi Wan concenrs me about long term balance and stress on the figure.

I don’t have anything later with a sculpted cape. If Sideshow impoves/improved sculpted capes I might reconsider.
I really like the sculpted cape on ResinWorx Man of Steel statue, it's really light but looks great, the problem with mix media capes is trying to style them, you can spend many hours messing with it trying to get the wrinkles/creases out of them...

If I had a choice I prefer polystone but if that's out the window then I rather have a PVC cape then a cloth one.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:36 AM   #1543
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I really like the sculpted cape on ResinWorx Man of Steel statue, it's really light but looks great, the problem with mix media capes is trying to style them, you can spend many hours messing with it trying to get the wrinkles/creases out of them...

If I had a choice I prefer polystone but if that's out the window then I rather have a PVC cape then a cloth one.
I agree about the Resinworx MOS cape. Samurai Batman also has a really nice cape that isn’t too heavy.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 08:40 AM   #1544
jeff0850
Fantastic Four

I submitted my request for a replacement cape as well.
jeff0850 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 01:25 PM   #1545
Wah
Shadowhawk

Hey guys, i too just opened mine and there is no doubt a color bleed on the cape like all the rest, but mine also came with something very strange. The legs on mine don;t sit flush on the slots and they also totally don't align properly if one is placed in one slot and the other is way off. On my left foot, there was a tape sticker that was written "E19" on the tape. Seems like it was an error that they found before while during inspection but mistakenly sent it off to me still. Because there definitely was an error or defect on that foot cause it doesn't sit flush and doesn't align properly as well. obviously sent off 2 customer forms to sideshow, one for the cape and then the second for this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image3a.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	546.0 KB
ID:	108502  
Wah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 01:34 PM   #1546
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
On my left foot, there was a tape sticker that was written "E19" on the tape. Seems like it was an error that they found before while during inspection but mistakenly sent it off to me still.
That's amazing.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 02:01 PM   #1547
SuperJ300
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
Hey guys, i too just opened mine and there is no doubt a color bleed on the cape like all the rest, but mine also came with something very strange. The legs on mine don;t sit flush on the slots and they also totally don't align properly if one is placed in one slot and the other is way off. On my left foot, there was a tape sticker that was written "E19" on the tape. Seems like it was an error that they found before while during inspection but mistakenly sent it off to me still. Because there definitely was an error or defect on that foot cause it doesn't sit flush and doesn't align properly as well. obviously sent off 2 customer forms to sideshow, one for the cape and then the second for this.
Interesting, because SS send plenty of defected statues to customers.

Does this mean SS keep track on how many defected statues they send out??
SuperJ300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 02:46 PM   #1548
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJ300 View Post
Interesting, because SS send plenty of defected statues to customers.

Does this mean SS keep track on how many defected statues they send out??
Lol, no.

Those are used in the factory to mark defected pieces. It never should have gotten through to be shipped, or fixed/sticker removed. Just about all factory made products use a similar method of internal QC.

The interesting thing about that is, it’s the second Huntress already to show up with a factory defect QC sticker. Somebody is failing at their job.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 02:48 PM   #1549
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Stickers on a statue.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 02:52 PM   #1550
Vendetta
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Lol, no.

Those are used in the factory to mark defected pieces. It never should have gotten through to be shipped, or fixed/sticker removed. Just about all factory made products use a similar method of internal QC.

The interesting thing about that is, it’s the second Huntress already to show up with a factory defect QC sticker. Somebody is failing at their job.
My sentiment on Sideshow must be turning positive after being rather down on them for the past few years, because I'm motivated to defend them here by saying that it's unfortunate that this happened but that it is something that I've seen happen with other manufacturers as well (e.g., Prime 1). Hopefully things like this happen less often across the board in the future.
Vendetta is offline   Reply With Quote