Ghost

The edition size is meaningless.
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 01:59 PM   #212
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vader View Post
But then anyone could just buy an a and b and put them together. That makes no sense.
I'm sure if you buy it together, it will say limited edition full set 1 of 292. Set A and Set B wouldn't be so marked. Yes, obviously, you could by the two separate and have a full set but not as intended. I bought both Conan statues that PCS offered separately. They were also sold together as a Crom set with a life size pendant as a bonus. I was afraid of not being able to get one of the sets because they were so limited and I really wanted the Warpaint version first and foremost. I bought that one first. When the beach version was still available, I purchased it as well. Turns out I could have ordered the Crom set, but I wasn't concerned about the pendant. I have both statues but I don't have the COA that says Crom set 1 of 20 or whatever it was.
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 02:12 PM   #213
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Does this really look good? The colours look off, the mouth area looks pretty basic as do the yes, no gloss no detail in them...it looks ok i guess....i think it loses a lot of it's appeal without the rest of the diorama.

I don't blame IS for selling it as its own piece as well but i don't really think the paint job is up to scratch, the whole thing looks a pretty basic and lifeless for me.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 03:23 PM   #214
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Does this really look good? The colours look off, the mouth area looks pretty basic as do the yes, no gloss no detail in them...it looks ok i guess....i think it loses a lot of it's appeal without the rest of the diorama.

I don't blame IS for selling it as its own piece as well but i don't really think the paint job is up to scratch, the whole thing looks a pretty basic and lifeless for me.
Mine looks fantastic. It's a lot browner than in the pics above.
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 05:00 PM   #215
Vader
Ghost

There is too many sets in my view. Should have been 100
Old 02-02-2019, 09:57 PM   #216
rjszar

Quote:
There is too many sets in my view. Should have been 100
They promoted it from the beginning as limited edition TBD. I guess they made whatever was pre-ordered by the cut-off date. Nothing wrong with that.
Old 02-03-2019, 12:27 PM   #217
Vader
Ghost

But what does it mean for collectors? How man A sets were sold and how many b sets? They should tell us that too
Old 02-03-2019, 12:27 PM   #218
Vader
Ghost

Then we’ll have a better sense of the number of pieces out there.
Old 02-03-2019, 03:32 PM   #219
rjszar

Quote:
Then we’ll have a better sense of the number of pieces out there.
If you're getting this just for its collectability, then I think you're making a mistake. I don't see this being something that rises in value much. If you aren't buying this because you like it, then don't buy it.
A low edition size doesn't necessarily mean something is worth having and a high edition doesn't mean you should stay away from it either.
Old 02-03-2019, 03:45 PM   #220
Vader
Ghost

I buy things because I like them. but I don't like seeing them selling on ebay later for 60 percent less than I paid for them. It's annoying. Value matters, simply from the perspective that I'm paying more than I need to. It would make me wait and buy it later. It's a marketing gimmick and I'm tired of it. They should just leave them as open editions and I'll pick them up from ebay cheap later on.