Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-26-2022, 12:06 PM   #3071
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
I don?t think its gonna be a failure. I think its going a grand slam.

I was watching the Officlal Prime 1 ?making of? YouTube video of this statue on my 75? TV and I got a tape measure out to see how large this thing will actually be. I was shocked to see how massive the proportions are right under 36? tall. it was off the screen. When I was able to ball park the measurements of this guy I was as floored. I?ve seen the CM before but seeing this quality of a sculpt on my HD screen at that scale I was blown away. They have to royally screw this thing up for it to be a failure. The sculpt and the size alone...are legendary.
If the decals peel and chip away like the 1/4 JH and CH, it's going to be the most beautiful turd ever produced. I seriously hope Prime 1 listened to the criticisms they've gotten regarding their other Predators.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 12:37 PM   #3072
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
If the decals peel and chip away like the 1/4 JH and CH, it's going to be the most beautiful turd ever produced. I seriously hope Prime 1 listened to the criticisms they've gotten regarding their other Predators.
i agree that the decals shouldn't be peeling and chipping of any $1000+ statue. totally agree.

However my unmasked head on my City Hunter Wall Art doesn't have perfect application of the decals and i still consider it a Top Shelf Predator piece. I have a bubble here and there and one or two really small spots where it looks like the decals has flaked off. It's only noticeable if you are looking for it and it's easily fixable. If i touched it up i seriously doubt it anyone would be able to find the spot unless that are using multiple different lighting conditions and a macro lens. But again, i agree an issue that should not be present and not something i should have to fix on a $1000 statue.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 01:03 PM   #3073
deadrodian
The Spirit

how is everyone going to display their jh? I come back every month to look at all the options and really the classic masked display with both hands open is by far my favorite, changed from dxs to regular in february since I decided I wouldn't use any bonuses anyway, but closed mouth option looks great too for those buying bust, also I wouldn't put anything on the base, I think it looks the most beautiful on its own .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	6ABD4D1B-4308-4C69-BF3C-90B5F1967B91.png
Views:	102
Size:	2.40 MB
ID:	149056   Click image for larger version

Name:	EE97A252-8E82-4439-B837-992E7E7C0DD2.png
Views:	168
Size:	3.43 MB
ID:	149057   Click image for larger version

Name:	8198120F-0787-480C-B236-5CC3198EFB3F.png
Views:	163
Size:	4.92 MB
ID:	149058  
deadrodian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 01:21 PM   #3074
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadrodian View Post
how is everyone going to display their jh? I come back every month to look at all the options and really the classic masked display with both hands open is by far my favorite, changed from dxs to regular in february since I decided I wouldn't use any bonuses anyway, but closed mouth option looks great too for those buying bust, also I wouldn't put anything on the base, I think it looks the most beautiful on its own .

Probably the movie mask with the bonus closed fists (With thumbs sticking out) Although I'll probably Use Gort occasionally as I love that mask. I still really want the close mouth head, I'd use that a lot but...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 01:44 PM   #3075
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadrodian View Post

Open hands + full gape

The movie mask will definitely be in rotation though
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 01:49 PM   #3076
Dundee
Hydra

Bio mask + activated cannon + bonus fist

Semi open portrait + open hands + deactivated cannon (or removed altogether)

Will prob rotate around those two primarily and sometimes go roaring mask + billy skull.
Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 03:35 PM   #3077
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

im gonna rotate all the heads. but it's tough to tell. Probably masked head, then rotate all the unmasked heads.

When i got the Mezco Conan with the 2 heads i thought for sure i was gonna primarily display the frazetta head and not display the helmet open mouth head. But the helmet head is the one that has been on display the majority of the time. display options are cool if they are good options. This piece has everything.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 04:04 PM   #3078
Blade3327
Nightwing

All the heads are essential except for Gort's, IMO. And I really hope the semi-open-mouthed portrait looks better in person than it does in the head-on shots here. That one's technically more accurate to the suit than the full roar and is a better match for the pose.

Bonus fists are a must, I don't think KPH could properly close his fists in the suit.

As for the other accessories, the Dutch-trapping wristblades may collect some dust, but everything else will see rotation.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 11:57 AM   #3079
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Jungle Hunter isn’t overpriced anymore
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 02:19 PM   #3080
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
Jungle Hunter isn?t overpriced anymore
Oh, it still is... there's just a new level of overpriced that has somehow out-shadowed this one.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote