Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 09-28-2017, 02:27 AM   #22901
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Halloween III: Season of the Witch - 7/10
You seemed to have pressed the '7' key when you obviously must have meant to press '2'.

Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 08:23 AM   #22902
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:

Most know the third entry into the franchise was not too well received. Mainly because it moved away from the Michael Myers mythos and attempted something drastically different with it's stand alone narrative. While fun it's not on par with the first two films it does have a lot going for it. The setting, atmosphere and score are all great. While it's admittedly much more restrained than it's predecessors it's still quite the underrated Horror film, in my eyes at least.

I actually think them giving in to fan pressure and going back to Michael Myers was a mistake. They should have gone the anthology route like they wanted to. I actually like this film. It's a nice departure.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 10:03 AM   #22903
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:

Most know the third entry into the franchise was not too well received. Mainly because it moved away from the Michael Myers mythos and attempted something drastically different with it's stand alone narrative. While fun it's not on par with the first two films it does have a lot going for it. The setting, atmosphere and score are all great. While it's admittedly much more restrained than it's predecessors it's still quite the underrated Horror film, in my eyes at least.

I enjoyed this movie as well, it was something different, I dont hate it like most halloween fans and surprisingly it had some pretty gorey moments. I'd agree with your 7/10 rating
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 12:32 PM   #22904
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
I actually think them giving in to fan pressure and going back to Michael Myers was a mistake. They should have gone the anthology route like they wanted to. I actually like this film. It's a nice departure.
Totally agree. The franchise could've branched out into so many different directions and stayed fresh rather than constantly treading the same ground and growing stale. Now they just reboot it every decade.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 12:34 PM   #22905
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
I enjoyed this movie as well, it was something different, I dont hate it like most halloween fans and surprisingly it had some pretty gorey moments. I'd agree with your 7/10 rating
I read the book first and absolutely loved it. It was one of my favorite horror books growing up. I also enjoyed the movie, but as with most cases, the book was definitely the better of the 2. Its a shame that they didn't keep exerimenting with new films and decided to make the rest of the series about Michael Myers. I have no interest in seeing new films or reboots of Michael Myers. I actually think I am gonna hunt down a copy of the book and reread it. Its been like 30 years since I read it and I have such fond memories of it.

And I know this is a movie thread, but I just got done watching the 3rd season of Black Mirror on Netflix. What an amazing series. Its like a twllight zone approach where each episode tells a completely different story. Since that was the case, I started watching season 3 first and again, I just absolutely loved it. In particular, episode 2 entitled "Play Test" and episode 4 entitld "San Junipero" were just fantastic. Play Test in particular was just brilliant. It was directed by Dan Trachtenberg, who also directed the brilliant 10 Cloverfield Lane. I cant give that episode or the show in general a higher recommendation. Cant wait to watch the first 2 seasons now.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 06:48 PM   #22906
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Wind River (2017) - A veteran tracker with the Fish and Wildlife Service helps to investigate the murder of a young Native American woman, and uses the case as a means of seeking redemption for an earlier act of irresponsibility which ended in tragedy.

I expected quality from the writer of Hell or High Water and Sicario and I was not disappointed. 8/10
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 01:24 AM   #22907
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

The Mummy (1932) - 6/10

One of the weaker Universal Horror entries just happens to be one of Boris Karloff's finest performances. The Mummy's strengths lie in it's creepy cinematography and excellent make-up. It's a classic for sure but it's far from scary and definitely a bit dated.

Old 09-29-2017, 02:47 AM   #22908
Dirt Torpedo
The Thunderbolts

Spiderman Homecoming 6/10
Dirt Torpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 07:16 AM   #22909
protector2814
Phoenix

Quote:
The Mummy (1932) - 6/10

One of the weaker Universal Horror entries just happens to be one of Boris Karloff's finest performances. The Mummy's strengths lie in it's creepy cinematography and excellent make-up. It's a classic for sure but it's far from scary and definitely a bit dated.
This movie grows on me each time I watch it. It's definitely more subtle than the other big 2 Universal put out around the same time. The few shots we see of the actual mummy are so beautiful & the films female star, Zita Johann is very good, probably my fave. leading U. Monster leading lady, & very 30's hot. -

Last edited by nbr3bagshotrow; 09-29-2017 at 03:23 PM.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 12:20 PM   #22910
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Yeah, those shots of the Mummy are amazing and so iconic.