Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 08-03-2018, 05:46 PM   #41
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseimaki View Post
If I can play devil’s advocate, the seller isn’t really at fault here. He or she sold you something in good faith. If anything, Kotobukiya (or I don’t know what brand statue was sold to you) is at fault.

Did eBay side with you? On the flip side, what would stop a buyer from falsely claiming you sold them something defective?
True, I know the seller didn't actually make the statue, but I didn't want to be stuck with something that was messed up. It wasn't Koto, but it was a PVC statue with scorched plastic.

I don't think I've sold anything new/sealed for at least 5 years now. I upload lots of pictures for my listings, and I even send pictures of how I pack my stuff to my buyers. I've never had anyone ask for a return/exchange/refund.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 09:29 AM   #42
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Rather conveniently, you didn't mention that the one that sold for $212 (plus shipping) doesn't have a box. Those always sell for lower than complete ones.

A new/sealed one sold for $300 in June. So, there's obviously a wide variance, which means that the upper end is inflated.
"Conveniently you didn't mention...."
Get off your high horse.
I didn't notice that, so give me a break. SMH

I think the trend is still there. $250 vs $350.
I think it might even become more obvious when the second version is fully revealed.
The fact that the current market of people wanting to get the original might decrease due to a new version, isn't completely ridiculous.
It is an obvious trend of the hobby. Look at the original X-woman pieces by Sideshow and how they are decreasing in value because of the new versions.
It is inevitable, so you can argue all you want.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 10:45 AM   #43
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
"Conveniently you didn't mention...."
Get off your high horse.
I didn't notice that, so give me a break. SMH

I think the trend is still there. $250 vs $350.
I think it might even become more obvious when the second version is fully revealed.
The fact that the current market of people wanting to get the original might decrease due to a new version, isn't completely ridiculous.
It is an obvious trend of the hobby. Look at the original X-woman pieces by Sideshow and how they are decreasing in value because of the new versions.
It is inevitable, so you can argue all you want.
It’s ok to have your own opinion. Everyone has one.

Then again, you are being called out for your fallacious “proof”. You made a proclamation while up on your high horse saying “Aha, I was right” and proceeded with what ended up being less-than-true “facts” only to get shot down by Gothamjte. From where I stand, you’re the one still trying to argue when everyone else has already moved on.

Just shake it off and move on as well. Cheers!
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 10:56 AM   #44
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseimaki View Post
It’s ok to have your own opinion. Everyone has one.

Then again, you are being called out for your fallacious “proof”. You made a proclamation while up on your high horse saying “Aha, I was right” and proceeded with what ended up being less-than-true “facts” only to get shot down by Gothamjte. From where I stand, you’re the one still trying to argue when everyone else has already moved on.

Just shake it off and move on as well. Cheers!
Well, I still am right. The rates have decreased.
It doesn't matter if that one auction had a fault that I didn't notice. The others still prove that the value has decreased.
When I sold mine a couple months ago, the average rate for sold pieces on eBay was $350. I average out 10 auctions and use that as my selling price.
And she sold instantly. Now, if you average out the last 6 auctions, minus the faulty one and accepted offer auctions, it comes to $214.58.
It doesn't matter what the context is, if it is an auction vs BIN. I am looking at final prices.
None of my proof is false. It isn't false just because of that one auction.

You moved on? You replied four times after my last post. Lol

Now I am done.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 11:37 AM   #45
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
Well, I still am right. The rates have decreased.
It doesn't matter if that one auction had a fault that I didn't notice. The others still prove that the value has decreased.
When I sold mine a couple months ago, the average rate for sold pieces on eBay was $350. I average out 10 auctions and use that as my selling price.
And she sold instantly. Now, if you average out the last 6 auctions, minus the faulty one and accepted offer auctions, it comes to $214.58.
It doesn't matter what the context is, if it is an auction vs BIN. I am looking at final prices.
None of my proof is false. It isn't false just because of that one auction.

You moved on? You replied four times after my last post. Lol

Now I am done.
Obviously you’re convinced you’re infallible, AKA full of yourself. No amount of actual facts would ever convince you otherwise. That or maybe Math was never your strong suit.

So let’s just agree to disagree.

Btw, I was replying mainly to Gothamite and we had a nice and friendly back and forth conversation. Or are you again jumping to conclusions without getting your facts straight? LOL

Feel free to reply one more time or as many times as you want. You don’t have to worry about me replying. I’ll let you have the last word in. Scout’s honor. I have a strong feeling you won’t be able to sleep like a baby if I don’t let you have the last say.

Cheers!
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 12:19 PM   #46
SDguy

Ugh, let it go....

Ok, so, do we know what the next CW will look like? I didn't care for the first one.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 01:49 PM   #47
elvirawynter
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
The male Batfamily statues are obviously getting priority right now.
Again, Ikemen aren't part of the Bishoujo line as they are their own separate line.

Glad those who were unable to get the original one are now able to purchase one next year! She was always a higher price point due to the fact it was limited release, so of course this would have pushed the prices up.
elvirawynter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 02:09 PM   #48
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvirawynter View Post
Again, Ikemen aren't part of the Bishoujo line as they are their own separate line.
Resources are limited, and Koto is spending time/money on making the male statues first before making more female ones. Also, the aesthetics are the same. You're just getting hung up on the idea of calling men "pretty".
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 12:08 AM   #49
HieroJux
Birdman

Art revealed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	434C7E26-0E11-4D05-AAE4-41B1E4F60DF9.jpeg
Views:	75
Size:	155.7 KB
ID:	117805  
HieroJux is offline   Reply With Quote