Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 12-06-2017, 05:18 PM   #211
Dinos4Ever
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I'm gonna be so broke!!!!
Dinos4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 05:29 PM   #212
Leekson
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
About the rexy. Yea, it's not just the skin texture(pretty off). Other then the head and the neck, which are nicely done. The pose, anatomy and proportions of the rest of the body needs to be reworked to faithfully represent the female rex.

If that's(t-rex) the final version. It will be an easy pass for me. All the details in the world couldn't make up for the wrong basic shapes and proportions. I definitely getting the jeep and figures though~
I agree with everything said and for some reason I think there will be no other version.
Must say that I'm not fan of the base, clean black rectangular base would be better in my opinion. Also, the fence is not in scale with T-Rex
Leekson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 05:42 PM   #213
Jurassic
Fantastic Four

thx217, i agree with your critical points. But for me it's good enough. I buy the whole set, if the price is ok for me. Oh man... THOSE EXPLORERS FINALLY, i almost cry. Crying of happiness. What a great set THANKS IRON STUDIOS!
Jurassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 05:51 PM   #214
rjszar
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
On the Jeep. Yup but it won't be an issue if display by itself.

About the rexy. Yea, it's not just the skin texture(pretty off). Other then the head and the neck, which are nicely done. The pose, anatomy and proportions of the rest of the body needs to be reworked to faithfully represent the female rex.

If that's(t-rex) the final version. It will be an easy pass for me. All the details in the world couldn't make up for the wrong basic shapes and proportions. I definitely getting the jeep and figures though~
I agree with everything you have said about the rex. It only took me about two seconds to see all those issues. Really disappointing. You can't justify spending the kind of money this is going to cost when the focus of the whole thing is so off. I really wanted this, but I would just be seeing all the issues all the time, no matter if everyone else who saw it said it was amazing.
rjszar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 06:01 PM   #215
Jurassic
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjszar View Post
I agree with everything you have said about the rex. It only took me about two seconds to see all those issues. Really disappointing. You can't justify spending the kind of money this is going to cost when the focus of the whole thing is so off. I really wanted this, but I would just be seeing all the issues all the time, no matter if everyone else who saw it said it was amazing.
The whole set is so much fun and creative, thats what i like about it. So much to see.
Jurassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 06:04 PM   #216
thx217
Ultimates

Considering this is IS's first attempt. There will be improvements for their future products. But it's one hell of a first attempt. FINALLY, we are getting ourselves some properly done jeeps.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 06:32 PM   #217
JPBF
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

The Rex looks off to me. Will wait for some clearer pictures before getting more critical but as far as sculps go, the Chronicle Rex appears more accurate. That said, the whole scene looks amazing. The ambition on display is just insane. Its everything I wanted the Chronicle Breakout Rex to be. Unfortunately, the size will be even more of a factor than the price, as this has to be massive.
JPBF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 06:46 PM   #218
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

Another pic
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FB_IMG_1512600211831.jpg
Views:	1342
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	109874  
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 06:59 PM   #219
Vader
Ghost

will sideshow be selling these?
Vader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:08 PM   #220
aaron0288
Frackin!

I don’t think the foliage does it any favours either. Take that away and it looks damn good as a complete piece.

Imagine having this all lit up properly!
aaron0288 is offline   Reply With Quote