Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2018, 04:33 PM   #1
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
James Gunn Fired From Guardians of the Galaxy 3

Apparently, James Gunn has been fired due to inappropriate jokes made about pedophilia and something else on his Twitter account which he has since deleted.

Damn...what's wrong with these people that have all the privilege and money in the world. The whole world is watching! No one is or should be untouchable...and a lot of people in power tend to have this high and mighty air about themselves. I don't get it. So disappointing.

Now that leaves the question who is going to take over and do GotG3?
Old 07-20-2018, 04:40 PM   #2
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Saw this...they were actually old tweets...2009/2010 from the ones I looked at. Still, inappropriate. Definitely the type of stuff that'll get you fired in this day and age. That's a shame for the series...I think they'll find someone, though.
Old 07-20-2018, 04:44 PM   #3
Augen
The Hulk

I really detest social media at times. No one has an issue, he makes two very successful movies, someone digs up something he said a decade ago and loses his job.

We oddly seem to demand so much of celebrities, but then ignore politicians saying far worse things.
Old 07-20-2018, 04:51 PM   #4
Gothamite
Phoenix

While I enjoyed the first one, I thought the sequel was loud, bloated, and beyond self-indulgent. The worst was the scene where Yondu slaughtered his crew in slow motion. It was edited and played for laughs, and I couldn't help but think that James Gunn is a sadist. (And yes, I knew that Gunn had written Tromeo and Juliet.)
Old 07-20-2018, 04:57 PM   #5
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
I really detest social media at times. No one has an issue, he makes two very successful movies, someone digs up something he said a decade ago and loses his job.

We oddly seem to demand so much of celebrities, but then ignore politicians saying far worse things.
Gunn was a very vocal critic of Trump but nothing Trump has said even remotely comes close to the vile things that James Gunn posted.

More stuff is being unearthed. Disney Director James Gunn Blogs About Orgasming to ‘100 Pubescent Girls Touch Themselves’ - https://www.breitbart.com/big-hollyw...ch-themselves/
Old 07-20-2018, 05:06 PM   #6
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Gunn was a very vocal critic of Trump but nothing Trump has said even remotely comes close to the vile things that James Gunn posted.
Where've you been?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald...Hollywood_tape
Old 07-20-2018, 05:16 PM   #7
CessnaDriver
Suicide Squad

Most men (most people) say or have said pretty gutter crap at some point, I don't think that comes as surprise. At least it should not. Posting it on the net is sort of stupid.

The digital age archives so much that would have been lost in the ether once upon a time.

Let's not get into a contest over it who is worse or who sets standards. I certainly am no example.

Bottom line, there is no forgiveness for it today for whatever reasons you may wish to decide for yourselves, fair or unjust.

We now have a sad reality.....

GOTG3 is probably going to suffer terribly from his absence.

I'm heartbroken over this decision.
Old 07-20-2018, 05:18 PM   #8
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
The context of the "pussy" remark was that women were throwing themselves on him and so he could just grab them and they would let him, which he said in confidence to another man.

James Gunn tweeted about rape and sex with children to thousands of followers. I personally think that is worse.
Old 07-20-2018, 05:26 PM   #9
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by CessnaDriver View Post
GOTG3 is probably going to suffer terribly from his absence.
For all we know, GOTG3 could be better w/o Gunn, just as the Ant-Man/Wasp movies are perfectly fine w/o Edgar Wright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
The context of the "pussy" remark was that women were throwing themselves on him and so he could just grab them and they would let him, which he said in confidence to another man.

James Gunn tweeted about rape and sex with children to thousands of followers. I personally think that is worse.
Both Gunn and Trump's comments are despicable. I don't think there's a productive point in comparing which is "worse".
Old 07-20-2018, 05:28 PM   #10
Jesse Custer
Hellboy

I was expecting a witch hunt overblowing something stupid tha Gunn said, but honestly these tweets are really really bizarre. And it´s not just one tweet, but a bunch of them. I totally understand Disney´s stance here.
Closed Thread