Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-06-2016, 05:31 PM   #111
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

This is an absolutely STUNNING piece, but $700 is just too high for me. I am an Iron Giant fan, but certainly not a die hard fan so $700 is just too big of a pill for me to swallow. Kinda bummed as I love large robot statues and would have loved to add this to my collection.

Ah well, you win some and you lose some in this hobby.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 06:13 PM   #112
pacino
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

I'm on the fence now that I saw the price...
pacino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:45 PM   #113
KELPIE
New Republic

Yeah the price moved me from a buy to on the fence.

It is a great piece to be sure. Personal thoughts is that the on/off switch doesn't seem bent up enough. A Half chewed car would be kinda awesome. Other than that I can't fault it.

That said, I'm a little concerned about the articulated head. I never owned Bobba Fett, however there were a lot of complaints over how the head sat funny? Not sure if that's a real concern or just some people nitpicking?
KELPIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 09:53 PM   #114
MolokoPlus
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I thought it would have been priced even higher. The statue is huge and highly detailed. I think price is justified.
MolokoPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2016, 10:46 PM   #115
Ehollywood
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Is it going to get any better then this when it comes to Iron Giant statues though? I dunno.
Ehollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 12:53 AM   #116
CAIN MKII
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

A bit more expensive than expected but thanks to my rewards points, I drop it below $600.
PO asap
CAIN MKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 11:16 AM   #117
WalkerFodder
The X-Men

I know Mondo already did it, but I really feel like Hogarth needs to be right there with him. If nothing else, to really highlight the scale. a powerline running behind or a little mailbox or something. I was an instant PO, but am on the fence at the moment.

I'll probably wait to see if they bundle Double reward points and/or free shipping. Spooktacular is in a few weeks after all.
WalkerFodder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 12:08 PM   #118
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkerFodder View Post
I know Mondo already did it, but I really feel like Hogarth needs to be right there with him. If nothing else, to really highlight the scale. a powerline running behind or a little mailbox or something.
That's a really good point.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 01:07 PM   #119
gagaliya
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

yep as i said before they should made the little kid exclusive, IG is not complete without the little kid. If i ever get this i am going to try get the mondo kid see if it works even though it's scaled for a smaller version
gagaliya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 02:21 PM   #120
Ehollywood
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
yep as i said before they should made the little kid exclusive, IG is not complete without the little kid. If i ever get this i am going to try get the mondo kid see if it works even though it's scaled for a smaller version
The Mondo kid is way to small and cartoony looking for this Iron Giant. It's not like someone couldn't make a custom Hogarth to go with this Amazing statue.
Ehollywood is offline   Reply With Quote