Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-11-2018, 10:08 PM   #1831
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototypy View Post
Nice sculpture but stupid design.
Out of curiousity my I ask what's stupid about the design?
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 10:09 PM   #1832
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
For me this rogue has one of the more interesting portraits in that i dislike it in a majority of the pics SS has up on there site, and while i liked most of the sdcc videos and pics of it, its behind glass, so i found it a bit difficult to gauge the detail, but i really like it here. If in hand it looks like this i'll probably buy it.

I have these screenshots as well..... printed and pasted in my desk. hahahaha.. Such as beauty. Her eyes is just mesmerizing.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 05:08 PM   #1833
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

The latest "rumor" I heard on this piece breaking at NYCC was that they had it all set up before the show and then the next morning when they arrived it was found broken. So allegedly something happened over night.

Again, pass. Too bad though....
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 06:32 PM   #1834
Viper2005
Hellboy

My theory in all this, is that perhaps being a nycc demo piece, there might not have been any engineered reinforcement. If it only has to survive a weekend or two on display they might not have bothered to put in any steel rods, especially if they haven’t worked out the actual engineering yet.
Viper2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:54 PM   #1835
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper2005 View Post
My theory in all this, is that perhaps being a nycc demo piece, there might not have been any engineered reinforcement. If it only has to survive a weekend or two on display they might not have bothered to put in any steel rods, especially if they haven’t worked out the actual engineering yet.
I just don't think people understand this. Prototypes are made to convey a look. They aren't designed with manufacturing processes/rigors involved. A prototype breaking really means nothing about a final production piece. I was told at SDCC that the engineering of this piece has not yet been determined.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 08:20 PM   #1836
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
I just don't think people understand this. Prototypes are made to convey a look. They aren't designed with manufacturing processes/rigors involved. A prototype breaking really means nothing about a final production piece. I was told at SDCC that the engineering of this piece has not yet been determined.
I respectfully disagree. A prototype should be what a customer should 'expect' to get. Look, build, quality, design. Again expect. Of course changes occur during the development cycle. So based on the prototyping we have seen and heard about, you can expect:

We know what it looks like.
We know the design.
We are not clear on the details of the build. Metal rod, etc.
We are not clear on the quality. It broke on display.

Of course expectations are not a guarantee and so we are all free to spend that money and NRD as freely as we see and pee and do-re-mi.

If you are just looking to convey a look, that is called a concept, not a prototype. Thanks for reading!
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 08:31 PM   #1837
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indomitus View Post
I respectfully disagree. A prototype should be what a customer should 'expect' to get.
I didn't even need to read the rest. Nope, unfortunately, that is not how it works, outside of looks
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:22 PM   #1838
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
That’s not a good sign. That should have already been done before this piece even went up for PO.

Edited: just reread it and you said SDCC. I was thinking NYCC.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 12:08 AM   #1839
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I dunno. One would think you make your proto sturdy enough for transport and display so things like this don’t happen.

They’re already dealing with a finicky community, this didn’t help.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 01:31 AM   #1840
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
I just don't think people understand this. Prototypes are made to convey a look. They aren't designed with manufacturing processes/rigors involved. A prototype breaking really means nothing about a final production piece.
I agree.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote