Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 10-11-2018, 09:11 PM   #201
Adam_Warlock
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
As a whole this hobby is just too damn expensive.

Seeing what $1300 can buy you in other hobbies, this ---- is just too expensive. It's really crazy how expensive this stuff is. It's just too much. The hobby in general everything it just too much.

And there's a reason nothing goes up in value, why??? Because it's too damn expensive from the get-go.
Ya it was different when these things went up in value. Now when you go to re sell later if you are getting out of the hobby, need money, looking to go into another line etc. 9/10 times you will actually lose money if not because of seller fees, because nobody wants to pay even original retail! Everyone is always looking for a deal on the secondary market. That's why the piece better be amazing in every way as you don't get ahead in this hobby. This isn't a Doom on throne situation and never will be again.
Adam_Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:40 AM   #202
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Warlock View Post
Ya it was different when these things went up in value. Now when you go to re sell later if you are getting out of the hobby, need money, looking to go into another line etc. 9/10 times you will actually lose money if not because of seller fees, because nobody wants to pay even original retail! Everyone is always looking for a deal on the secondary market. That's why the piece better be amazing in every way as you don't get ahead in this hobby. This isn't a Doom on throne situation and never will be again.
Agreed. Greedy companies are sucking the joy out of this hobby. Cutting corners and raising prices to obscene levels is not a very good business model for such a small, niche market.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 11:03 AM   #203
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
Agreed. Greedy companies are sucking the joy out of this hobby. Cutting corners and raising prices to obscene levels is not a very good business model for such a small, niche market.
Yeah man.

It's Halloween time. If you went online with $1300-$1400 and shopped smart (not walking into a Spirit Store) you could pick up an OUTRAGEOUS amount of really nice life-size props and have the one of the best Trick-or-Treating Houses in town year after year.

Where these companies get us is we LOVE these properties and licenses. And that emotional attachment to the pieces makes us want a feeling of "owning" a piece of the franchise...so we can say I "Have" that, I "own" the t-Rex, I "own" Cain puppet. If you can constantly afford these things God Bless, I can I just chose not to pay what they're worth, because it's getting past the point of a reasonable amount, especially compared to what you can get for the same amount of money. You can get an entry level MacBook for around the same price...it's just crazy how expensive these decorative items are.

If they appreciated like the old days...but em all!
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:02 PM   #204
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Agreed, way too much $ these days.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 07:08 PM   #205
wpmedia
Fantastic Four

Wow this thread took a turn.

Is it just because of the Rotunda Rex prices / the cost of shipping, or is it a straw-breaking-the-camel's-back feeling you all have?
wpmedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:22 PM   #206
statuehungry
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I was disappointed with the price also, ordinary base, paint job is ok, nothing exotic, but to ship to Canada we are looking at almost 2K , it just isn't worth that price.
statuehungry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 10:38 PM   #207
Big Hulk
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I agree with everyone. I’ve canceled every statue I had on order. These things are way too high. Once the initial shock of the cool factor wears off you see you are paying hundreds of dollars for something that will just sit on a shelf and gather dust. I don’t see how anyone can justify the prices anymore. They are not sustainable and it’s only a matter of time before everyone is priced out.
Big Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 03:21 AM   #208
Ninner
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpmedia View Post
Wow this thread took a turn.

Is it just because of the Rotunda Rex prices / the cost of shipping, or is it a straw-breaking-the-camel's-back feeling you all have?
I think it's also the fact that there are just so many being produced now that Prime 1 and Iron Studios have joined in the fun. Many fans would love to collect them all but the high prices means that most of us cannot do this and instead we just have to choose our favourites. Surely if they were to set their prices a little lower, they would sell a lot more, no?
Ninner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 03:23 AM   #209
Steve evans
The Spirit

IMO, the three major players in the Jurassic market (CC / Prime 1 & Iron Studios) are at risk of detaching themselves from what their customers really want and can afford.
They appear to be more concerned about outdoing each other by producing the biggest and most expensive version of products and are sadly ignoring what their customers are asking for and forgetting the budget limits most fans have.
I know a few Jurassic fans who have stopped purchasing Jurassic collectibles simply because they can't afford the prices.
Sadly, I also know others who have overstretched themselves financially and have gone into serious debt as a result.
An example of the above three companies competing with each other is the recent T-rex war; CC release a 1:20 Rex, Iron Studios respond with a 1:10 Rex, CC release another Rex, this time a 1:9 Rotunda Rex and Prime 1 respond by announcing their plans to release of 1:8 version.
I dread to think what the price of the later will be and how many Rexes do we need??
Maybe, if we're lucky we'll get a "mini-rotunda rex" for $60.

"The artists at these studios were so pre-occupied with whether or not they could they didn't stop to think if they should"

I hope these companies soon realize that their customers don't have endless amounts of money! When did it become a hobby only for the super-rich?
Thankfully, one company seems to be listening - Iron Studios I applaud you for the release of your stunningly beautiful and yet affordable "Raptor in the Kitchen" piece - I hope you'll sell loads.
Steve evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2018, 03:42 AM   #210
Steve evans
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninner View Post
I think it's also the fact that there are just so many being produced now that Prime 1 and Iron Studios have joined in the fun. Many fans would love to collect them all but the high prices means that most of us cannot do this and instead we just have to choose our favourites. Surely if they were to set their prices a little lower, they would sell a lot more, no?
Totally agree
Steve evans is offline   Reply With Quote