Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-22-2017, 03:36 PM   #2201
Demona
Martian Manhunter

The sad part is, Martin is never going to finish these books. He will die. So readers like me, will only have HBO to give us the (supposed) intended conclusions. Fleshing those out at times would be much appreciated.

Though perhaps next season will be slower paced, but still full of action. We just sped up the meeting of the big three. Then they can fight the Whites for a few episodes, all while plotting against each other. Then they will battle it out amongst the big houses to the season finale.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 04:24 PM   #2202
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
To the credit of HBO, it is hard to end a series well. Beloved series rarely end the way we all want them to. Off the top of my head, series that ended perfectly to the rest of their entire run are: Everybody Loves Raymond, M.A.S.H., Breaking Bad, and Mary Tyler Moore. (Yes, I watched a lot of NickAtNite with my dad). I'm sure that GoT will NOT be added to this list. There is too much detail to have all the points wrapped up. I just hope they don't phone it in like LOST. God, I still want to punch the writers right in the face for that entire last season and crap ending. Sopranos, I didn't hate the ending though I know plenty who did.
I don't see it going out as badly as LOST. But, GOT is also treading the same LOST ground with the Arya/Sansa thing right now. So that's not a good sign.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 04:50 PM   #2203
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I don't see it going out as badly as LOST. But, GOT is also treading the same LOST ground with the Arya/Sansa thing right now. So that's not a good sign.
I think Arya is testing Sansa. At least I hope she is. Otherwise I'll have to agree that it wasn't handled well.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 05:10 PM   #2204
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
I think Arya is testing Sansa. At least I hope she is. Otherwise I'll have to agree that it wasn't handled well.
I kind of thought this as well. Arya knows that Littlefinger is trying to divide them but she's just playing along and then.. Gotcha! But it devolves into a she knows that he know that she knows that he knows yadda yadda.

A battle of wits if you will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMz7JBRbmNo
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 05:35 PM   #2205
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
I kind of thought this as well. Arya knows that Littlefinger is trying to divide them but she's just playing along and then.. Gotcha! But it devolves into a she knows that he know that she knows that he knows yadda yadda.

A battle of wits if you will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMz7JBRbmNo
Exactly. I'll be disappointed if it proves otherwise though.
Old 08-22-2017, 06:27 PM   #2206
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Exactly. I'll be disappointed if it proves otherwise though.
For me it's disappointing either way at this point. If Arya has been manipulated by Littlefinger then all her badassery and Faceless Man BS was for nothing other than the murder of the Freys. If she does know that she is being manipulated then it wasn't handled properly IMO and is disappointing on that end. We'll see how it all comes together but I'm not liking where this is going so far, just more Stark nonsense.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 06:30 PM   #2207
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
With all of the extensive location shoots (which are amazing!) and production work that is involved I bet people are over it. Usually most shows run 7 season before the cast/crew are spent. And those are usual cable comedies/dramas that don't span the globe.

Did anybody else watch the Behind The Scenes making of last week's episode? They shot exteriors in Iceland. Then went over to Ireland and constructed the ice lake from scratch. WTH?! Amazeballs.

Every week I look at the clothes and I'm enamored with the details. The winter coats of the Merry Band of Beyond The Wall Misfits, Cersei's dresses, Sansa's dress, Dani's amazing wardrobe and dragonhead chain (which I am OBSESSED with). All of that has to be intensive and costly.

To the credit of HBO, it is hard to end a series well. Beloved series rarely end the way we all want them to. Off the top of my head, series that ended perfectly to the rest of their entire run are: Everybody Loves Raymond, M.A.S.H., Breaking Bad, and Mary Tyler Moore. (Yes, I watched a lot of NickAtNite with my dad). I'm sure that GoT will NOT be added to this list. There is too much detail to have all the points wrapped up. I just hope they don't phone it in like LOST. God, I still want to punch the writers right in the face for that entire last season and crap ending. Sopranos, I didn't hate the ending though I know plenty who did.
Bob Newhart show!
Old 08-22-2017, 06:41 PM   #2208
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
For me it's disappointing either way at this point. If Arya has been manipulated by Littlefinger then all her badassery and Faceless Man BS was for nothing other than the murder of the Freys. If she does know that she is being manipulated then it wasn't handled properly IMO and is disappointing on that end. We'll see how it all comes together but I'm not liking where this is going so far, just more Stark nonsense.
How so? If that is the case it seems to me they were simply throwing the audience off the scent. Or is there another element you're not liking?
Old 08-22-2017, 08:53 PM   #2209
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
I think I lean that way too, and certainly hope so. But that's not my real point. The point is that they're showing us artificial drama. The right people aren't having the right conversations. In a season of sped-up interactions, this is slow burn, and could have been handled better. It isn't that interesting - it's frustrating, because I don't believe these characters would be having these kinds of conversations in a vacuum. They would be privy to more information, or at the least would seek it out. Hence my LOST comparison.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 09:16 PM   #2210
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
I think I lean that way too, and certainly hope so. But that's not my real point. The point is that they're showing us artificial drama. The right people aren't having the right conversations. In a season of sped-up interactions, this is slow burn, and could have been handled better. It isn't that interesting - it's frustrating, because I don't believe these characters would be having these kinds of conversations in a vacuum. They would be privy to more information, or at the least would seek it out. Hence my LOST comparison.
I see what you're saying. In that regard it is definitely disappointing. I thought you were referring to how their characters were responding to the drama.