Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > eFX, HCG & CM

Old 10-27-2010, 06:01 AM   #11
Lunchmin
Sculptor
Sculptor

well, kinda see it this way:

it is (to my knowledge) 2 licenses.
both are being done in the same scales and the idea is that all the pieces may be displayed together, for a cohesive approach.
as far as the roster of characters goes, i think most fans of RE should be happy in the end. i don't really like to come out and say things, as schedules change and the like and i also don't want to say the wrong thing.
as for the releases so far, it's kind of from the perspective that there's been a look at a character from each "line".
the executioner being done, was congruent with the release of the movie.
the licker was a good choice for a dynamic opening piece.
there's alot of ways to look at things...
you're not gonna make everyone happy. you also don't want to shoot your wad and put all the heavy hitters up front and have filler characters bringing up the rear.
it can be debated back and forth, left and right about in which order characters should be released.
i mean, if it really was so fundamentally important, then leon shouldn't even be up for consideration. he wasn't in the first game (if i'm remembering correctly)... just for an example, mind you.
i really think in the end it may not matter all that much. if you're a completist of sorts, then i guess it's neither here nor there. if you get the occasional piece based on preference, then you keep your eyes peeled.
there's also other unmentioned pieces currently in production. the one's that have been shown were a couple that got done first.

on the other hand... i may just be flat out wrong on every account!
that's really just my appraisal of the situation. i just do what i'm told and i'm really happy with doing anything from RE!!!

-gabe
Old 10-29-2010, 12:52 AM   #12
johnclone
The Enchantress

Hi Gabe, I understand the importance of secrecy, - would you be able to say if you are going to be working on another RE piece after the Executioner??

By the way, I bet you know exactly what my avatar is?
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 12:48 AM   #13
JohnMatrix
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunchmin View Post
well, kinda see it this way:

it is (to my knowledge) 2 licenses.
both are being done in the same scales and the idea is that all the pieces may be displayed together, for a cohesive approach.
as far as the roster of characters goes, i think most fans of RE should be happy in the end. i don't really like to come out and say things, as schedules change and the like and i also don't want to say the wrong thing.
as for the releases so far, it's kind of from the perspective that there's been a look at a character from each "line".
the executioner being done, was congruent with the release of the movie.
the licker was a good choice for a dynamic opening piece.
there's alot of ways to look at things...
you're not gonna make everyone happy. you also don't want to shoot your wad and put all the heavy hitters up front and have filler characters bringing up the rear.
it can be debated back and forth, left and right about in which order characters should be released.
i mean, if it really was so fundamentally important, then leon shouldn't even be up for consideration. he wasn't in the first game (if i'm remembering correctly)... just for an example, mind you.
i really think in the end it may not matter all that much. if you're a completist of sorts, then i guess it's neither here nor there. if you get the occasional piece based on preference, then you keep your eyes peeled.
there's also other unmentioned pieces currently in production. the one's that have been shown were a couple that got done first.

on the other hand... i may just be flat out wrong on every account!
that's really just my appraisal of the situation. i just do what i'm told and i'm really happy with doing anything from RE!!!

-gabe
Hey Gabe, I am guessing one license produces the sculpted statues like licker and another license produces the statues with real fabrics like Executioner?

I am really looking forward to see more characters with fabrics! Hopefully, Albert Wesker will be the next one with light-up red eyes!

JohnMatrix is offline   Reply With Quote