Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-01-2018, 08:59 PM   #1021
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
They all looked good together at wonderfest imo
And in San Diego. I wish I had room for them.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 10:17 AM   #1022
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Are their any group pics from SDCC? I only remember seeing solo pics.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 10:55 AM   #1023
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
If you just look at the heads alone, the size diffference is quite obvious, even taking into account the difference in how they were drawn in the comics.

If I'm remembering correctly, Prime 1 not only adjusted the positioning of the body. But they also enlarged the size of the head (like they did with Supes). I guess collectors had mentioned previously that the head was too small for that body? If that's the case maybe the original prototype's headsculpt of Bats was more inline with the women before it was enlarged.

I could be wrong, but maybe instead of enlarging heads, they should've done the harder thing and decreased the size of the bodies themselves. But I guess people also didn't like that Bats physical height was so short either, so......
That’s why customer feedback and companies listening to that feedback can be a double edged sword. Ultimately, I’d prefer them taking customer feedback versus not listening at all.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 11:41 AM   #1024
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
That’s why customer feedback and companies listening to that feedback can be a double edged sword. Ultimately, I’d prefer them taking customer feedback versus not listening at all.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 07:18 PM   #1025
letsroy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPmaster View Post
I think the changes made in bats were something absolutely positive. I understand some people prefer the previous version but most of us are really happy with all the changes.

Maybe now bats is bigger than before but he looks perfect next to superman so I would say that the issue is not with them but with the ladies.
I am sure prime 1 will fix this "problem". They are making a great effort with this line IMO. That's what many collectors were looking for, accurate comic based statues.
letsroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 07:29 PM   #1026
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by letsroy View Post
I think the changes made in bats were something absolutely positive. I understand some people prefer the previous version but most of us are really happy with all the changes.

Maybe now bats is bigger than before but he looks perfect next to superman so I would say that the issue is not with them but with the ladies.
I am sure prime 1 will fix this "problem". They are making a great effort with this line IMO. That's what many collectors were looking for, accurate comic based statues.
Well they are comic accurate.... as you said, as long as you don't put them alongside the ladies.

But from prior comments many collectors seem fine with how he is, and don't see any scale issues at all.

And even if they did. I'm sure many would like a bigger Bats as a standalone or companion piece with Supes.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 09:19 PM   #1027
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Are their any group pics from SDCC? I only remember seeing solo pics.
I didn’t get any group shots, but others may have. It was pretty tight in there though. Might’ve been hard to get far back enough to get them all in frame.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2018, 01:40 AM   #1028
letsroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
And even if they did. I'm sure many would like a bigger Bats as a standalone or companion piece with Supes.
Yes, same opinion but I am interested in Nightwing and I don't want a small nightwing next to bats.

Logic says all pieces have to have same scale.

Don't worry man, they will fix it or maybe it is just the angle (doesn't look like that). Anyways, the final product will be perfect as usual with this company. In Prime 1 we must trust
Old 09-03-2018, 03:13 PM   #1029
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

If you watch the Sideshow video showing P1 pieces from Comic Con 2018 (where the new version Batman was shown,) while it’s not a full shot and a quick glimpse but you can clearly tell the Batman statue is shorter than Ivy.

It’s really not an issue. It’ll be fine when it ships.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 09:19 AM   #1030
letsroy

I came here with photos!! Well, the quality is what it is because they are from Instagram.

- Before the upgrade:

- After:

What do you think?

I would say... could be batman the only problem? I think Supes works perfect next to the ladies. I don't know but I think bats is too big even for superman.