Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 05-21-2021, 04:24 AM   #1181
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Probably, it'd be a bit underwhelming if so however. I'm hoping we'll finally see the Celtic or Wolf that they teased so long ago. Either of those would fit in the VS category.
Isn't the VS icon for Godzilla vs. Kong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
If they're making an Elder, I'd much rather it was the proper P2 elder personally. I really don't like the humanised faces in AVP. That said, if they wanted to add a little AVP Easter egg in the form of a COH with that elders mask, I wouldn't mind That was a pretty nice looking bio.
Oh, same here. I meant if they wanted to make a Predator with that aesthetic - blue dreads, wrinkled face, red cape - I'd have preferred the AVP Elder. That's what I thought it was when I first saw it in the background of a convention photo, then was disappointed to find out it was Ahab.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
Batman
Batman
Batman
Batman
Batman
Predator
Alien
Random American Summer Action Movies No One Will Care About in a few months
Maybe ONE anime thing
Maybe ONE video game thing

It's all so tiresome. All these companies are the same. It's easy to forget this is supposed to be a Japanese company. It's just the Hot Toys of statue makers.
I wish Hot Toys would still make Aliens and and Predators... if they followed through with their 2011 announcement to make a 1/4 Jungle Predator, I'd probably cancel the Prime 1 version. Would certainly be painted better.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 04:48 AM   #1182
Exorcist
Hydra

Thumbs up

*Acrylic/Glass eyes*

I am a big Prime1Studio fanboy, and I call myself very lucky to posses several statue's from them. But recently I also received some JND (A.Fleck) and HMO (Morrigan, Mai) statue's. These statue's have glass/acrylic eyes.

IMO the difference is night and day, especially when placing them next to eachother. Really you cannot place a statue with painted eyes next to a statue with acrylic/glass eyes, the painted eyes version will downgrade immediately.

For me the soul of a statue can be found in the eyes. If the statue is fantastic, but has rubbish or even worse; 'goggly eyes' the illusion for me is totally ruined. This is especially the case with movie statues.

I know P1/Blitzway gave Deanerys Targaryen stunningly realistic acrylic eyes, and that they will do the same with the upcoming Heath Ledger Joker in combination with the new 1:3 poseable eyes system.

So are there more people that are hoping that Prime1Studio eventually will give more statue's the acrylic/glass eyes treatment? Or should I just go to JND and HMO if I want to fulfill this need
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 02:09 PM   #1183
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Acrylic being plastic can yellow.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 10:40 PM   #1184
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Welp, I guess no MP Catwoman. They've already moved on from film to anime/manga.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 10:47 PM   #1185
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Welp, I guess no MP Catwoman. They've already moved on from film to anime/manga.
I fell asleep somewhere during Jurrassic park and woke up to anime.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2021, 11:57 PM   #1186
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

So yes to Kilmer x2, surprise Chris O'Donnell Robin, Fabok Batman/Joker diorama, masterline Joker, and more of the Bermejo Catwoman? Pretty good mix but I want to see more of the Jorge Jimenez line. His 90's Catwoman look rocks.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 12:14 AM   #1187
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Sad for those who wanted Pfeiffer and Keaton.

I on the other hand have always liked Batman Forever so seeing both Kilmer suits was a treat. Didn't like the pose for the sonar suit though. Very stiff.

Also no Phoenix Joker so we get a slight reprieve from the onslaught of Arthur Fleck statues.

And Carter WW was a huge surprise.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 12:20 AM   #1188
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
Sad for those who wanted Pfeiffer and Keaton.

I on the other hand have always liked Batman Forever so seeing both Kilmer suits was a treat. Didn't like the pose for the sonar suit though. Very stiff.

Also no Phoenix Joker so we get a slight reprieve from the onslaught of Arthur Fleck statues.

And Carter WW was a huge surprise.
Didn't see Carter WW coming at all. I never watched the show, but if I'd seen her figure on tv as a kid
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 12:26 AM   #1189
Zombiez
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Acrylic being plastic can yellow.
Not all Acrylic will yellow
Zombiez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2021, 12:40 AM   #1190
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
Didn't see Carter WW coming at all. I never watched the show, but if I'd seen her figure on tv as a kid
I think they embellished on the booty just a bit but yes she had curves for days. Something seems slightly off in the portrait to me. Maybe she'll look closer to the real deal in the PO pics.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote