Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-08-2023, 11:02 AM   #1681
AC_808
Hercules

When are we going to hear more about the 1/4 statues introduced in the P1 Next Level Showcase?

The 1/4 statues that originated as 1/3 statues.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 07:14 PM   #1682
Gokanma
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Prime 1 GIVE something away?
This is a company that expects collectors to fix/re_paint their own statues
Absolutely. Send broken statues and give customers the middle finger. Amazing.
Gokanma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 11:09 PM   #1683
Kalo22
Frackin!

Has there been any news on any new transformers statue other than Optimus primal? They really still need to make the fallen and scourge to finish off the villains and maybe quintessa though I’m guessing that’s unlikely.
Kalo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 11:56 AM   #1684
Halcyon
Loki

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokanma View Post
Update on my horrendous Prime 1 customer experience. Received a broken statue. Replacement parts never came 5 months later. Raised a case with Paypal. Paypal were extremely useless at protecting the buyer. After a lot of forward and backwards with photo evidence and documents etc all they managed to conclude was 'seller is offering a refund once product is returned' and case closed. Returning the statue will cost me money to send not to mention losing the tax and exorbitant Prime 1 shipping cost to have ordered it. Basically well over $1000 loss just to refund it. All I wanted was replacement parts or part compensation. Prime 1 customer service is disgusting.
Sorry to hear. But indeed i experienced the same attitude.

Aggravating part about this is, that the yo-yo-youtubers that damage or break something (again) during unboxing (clumsy around with parts while filming etc). Get new parts within few weeks (even if they call the supplier a.hole's or mofo's and what not).
Halcyon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 03:28 PM   #1685
HERMAN59000
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gokanma View Post
Update on my horrendous Prime 1 customer experience. Received a broken statue. Replacement parts never came 5 months later. Raised a case with Paypal. Paypal were extremely useless at protecting the buyer. After a lot of forward and backwards with photo evidence and documents etc all they managed to conclude was 'seller is offering a refund once product is returned' and case closed. Returning the statue will cost me money to send not to mention losing the tax and exorbitant Prime 1 shipping cost to have ordered it. Basically well over $1000 loss just to refund it. All I wanted was replacement parts or part compensation. Prime 1 customer service is disgusting.
Same experience, their response to a broken part of the Katana statue that I glued back together :

Quote:
Customer Support (Prime 1 Studio)
Dear xxx,

Thank you for contacting us and for purchasing with us.

We can help check to see if a replacement*(free of charge) is available, but the shipping cost would be at your expense. However, since this is a huge part of the base, the shipping cost can be very expensive.

In addition, as you might already know, each statue is handcrafted and custom fitted to all its parts. The same part of a different statue may not fit perfectly, or in some cases at all, which means it's very likely to happen that the replacement tree trunk could be no use at all after paying high shipping.

Please carefully read the above and acknowledge the risks.

We will await your reply.

Thank you

Sincerely,

After Service Support
Prime 1 Studio Support Team
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	140.7 KB
ID:	165841  
HERMAN59000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 02:32 PM   #1686
ukshaun
Hercules

I received a payment request from UPS along with a tracking number.
I had no idea what company had sent a statue?
I knew it had to be a statue as the weight 25.60 KGS was mentioned on the UPS website.
The parcel was shipping from Hong Kong.

Given the parcel had only just been collected, i found it odd for UPS to be requesting payment so soon, as they tend to wait for the parcel to arrive in the destination country before attempting to collect an import free.

Was i being scammed?

I checked my Prime 1 account and there was no mention of either of my two orders shipping. There was no mention of a tracking number?

I checked my Sideshow account, as sometimes Sideshow will ship from China to UK, rather than California to UK, and again, no mention of anything shipping.

I paid the import fee.

Day after day i checked the movement of the parcel, and nothing? no movement?

I had three large pieces on pre_order, so i checked out the weights.

11KG - Prime 1 Joker
28KG - Prime 1 Poison Ivy
35KG - Sideshow Catwoman

None were 25KG, Poison Ivy was the closest being 28KG
The import free failed to match the cost of the item, being too low (had UPS make a mistake with the import fee?)

So.. i emailed Prime to ask if either of my two orders had shipped?

After the automated email reply there was another reply some days later. Prime 1 replied:

We sincerely appreciate your contact and your continued support.

At this time, the production facility in China is in the final stages of conducting comprehensive quality checks. These stringent checks are in place to address any potential issues, ensuring that the item you receive will meet the highest quality standards.

We genuinely apologize for any inconvenience this delay may have caused you. We understand that waiting can be frustrating, especially for such highly anticipated collectibles. Please rest assured that our dedicated production team is working diligently to guarantee the utmost quality in every aspect of your order.

As soon as the item is ready to be shipped, we will promptly provide you with the tracking number. We know that you're eager to receive your purchase, and we're committed to ensuring a smooth and efficient delivery process once the product is in transit.

We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. Your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us, and we will continue to do everything in our power to make sure your wait is worthwhile.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us. We are here to assist you in any way we can.

Best regards,
Prime 1 Studio Customer Support Team

I was somewhat confused. It appeared the item i had paid an import fee on had nothing to do with Prime 1

I checked on the movement of the parcel and there was no progress.

I replied to the Prime 1 email to let them know i had paid an import fee to UPS for an item that was shipping from Hong Kong, and i gave them the tracking number and asked if it had anything to do with them?

An email arrived the same day, and it was in fact my Prime 1 Joker that had shipped with UPS

Q. Why has Prime 1 shipped a 11KG piece and given UPS a weight of 25KG?

Is the 11KG an error on the Prime 1 site?
If the 11KG is correct, and UPS have be told the parcel is 25KG, would that not add to the cost of shipping?

I sent an email to Prime 1 to clear things up.

On a side note, Prime 1 used UPS to ship Joker and used DHL to ship Poison Ivy.

The email from Prime 1 containing the info:
'China is in the final stages of conducting comprehensive quality checks'
I was thinking to myself, really?
Prime 1 are 'still' making Joker pieces from the original Suicide Squad movie all these years later?

Let's compare UPS and DHL
Hong Kong - UK

Prime 1 - Joker 11KG (maybe 25KG ?)
UPS Worldwide Express Saver?
Current status: 6 days in transit. Current location: Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong

Prime 1 - Poison Ivy 28KG
DHL Express
Current status: 1 days in transit. Current location: HONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINA

UPS using the description Express Saver, implies a slower shipping method where Express fails to come into it

---------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: Estimated weight mentioned on the Prime 1 website

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We appreciate your diligence in checking the details. We apologize for any confusion caused by the weight discrepancy.

The weight listed on our website is an estimated weight, and in this case, it seems there was a discrepancy between our estimate and the actual weight of the package.

I appears Prime 1 estimated the weight of the Suicide Joker to be 11KG, when the weight is in fact 25KG
A slight difference. Given how long the statue has been available on the Prime 1 website, you might have thought that the weight listed would have be fixed on the website.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 06:12 AM   #1687
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Let's compare UPS and DHL
Hong Kong - UK

Prime 1 - Joker 11KG (maybe 25KG ?)
UPS Worldwide Express Saver?
Current status: 6 days in transit. Current location: Chek Lap Kok, Hong Kong

Prime 1 - Poison Ivy 28KG
DHL Express
Current status: 1 days in transit. Current location: HONG KONG - HONG KONG SAR, CHINA
Update..

UPS - Parcel been in transit for 9 days..
Has just left China?

DHL - Parcel has been in transit for 4 days..
Arrived in the UK DHL ddepot at 4am
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 11:40 PM   #1688
Blade3327
Nightwing

New Prime 1 Direct scheduled for Black Friday:

The Alien logos at the top give the impression we'll get new product announcements since they've already released their other Alien pieces.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 11:45 PM   #1689
Iko Iko
The InJustice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3327 View Post
New Prime 1 Direct scheduled for Black Friday:

The Alien logos at the top give the impression we'll get new product announcements since they've already released their other Alien pieces.
Nice. Superman and Batman logos as well so those 1/4 scale versions of the Hush pieces may be finally coming down the pipe.
Iko Iko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2023, 02:07 AM   #1690
Blade3327
Nightwing

Welp, Johnny Matsumoto commented on Facebook that there would be no new items and "Black Friday" is a very clear term.

Guess those will be sales then. Bummer.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote