Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 03-23-2018, 06:34 AM   #191
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkalogik View Post
It's definitely not the best situation but at least he's being honest with how it all went down. I wish I had a better answer for you guys. All this stuff happened before I ever worked with ARH.
You will be baptized soon enough!
Great Pheidias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 11:05 AM   #192
Arkalogik
The Spirit

I can seen why Spencer left this group. Don't kill the messenger guys, would your rather me not give any updates? I do not work at ARH nor do I make any of the day to day decisions. I have no idea what his bills are or what he gets paid or not. I simply make the molds and do some of the casting and painting out of my own home studio. I am still waiting to get paid for work I did in 2017 and I just cast and paint the things I get orders for.
Arkalogik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 11:45 AM   #193
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
I can seen why Spencer left this group. Don't kill the messenger guys, would your rather me not give any updates? I do not work at ARH nor do I make any of the day to day decisions. I have no idea what his bills are or what he gets paid or not. I simply make the molds and do some of the casting and painting out of my own home studio. I am still waiting to get paid for work I did in 2017 and I just cast and paint the things I get orders for.
I would prefer you stay and update us, but I understand why you might not want to. One thing you will find as well is many of the loudest critics of ARH are not even customers or if they ever were have been made whole already but still for some reason need to chime in. Not all of course, but several of the most vocal.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 01:08 PM   #194
cosmic
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
I would prefer you stay and update us, but I understand why you might not want to. One thing you will find as well is many of the loudest critics of ARH are not even customers or if they ever were have been made whole already but still for some reason need to chime in. Not all of course, but several of the most vocal.
Its true what you write here, many of the loudest critics are not from customers. But from ex customers who got robbed from ARH. Now you see the situation after over a year is even worse, there is no improvement at all.

Its because of losing the good customers that ARH is in this financial situation. If the good customers would still be around as customers, then we wouldnt have this conversation at all

Arkalogic cant do anything about it, nothing of this is his fault and I appreciate his honesty. We saw so many people with good will before him and they all are history now.
cosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 01:17 PM   #195
qz33
Doctor Doom

I appreciate Arkalogik posting here.

I haven't been burned but count myself lucky. I almost ordered this from ARH the day it went up for sale. I did manage to get 2 ARH pieces from this latest situation and I like them both.
I keep up with this thread to see what is going on with the industry as a whole.

As with most ventures expectations are always positive yet measuring stick becomes your failures more than the successes. What goes wrong needs attention what foes right is the expectation.
It is important to remember that as dissatisfied as both sides may be blame serves very little purpose other than hurt feelings. No matter how things come out in the end this is not a journey the majority of customers are prepared. If the ownership, workers, and customers are dissatisfied with the performance then it is time to let go.

Macaluso has stated that 2 statue producers had gone belly up. From this forum I can gather that Triforce is one of them. I wonder if ARH is the other.

For me the real take away is that statue production like this as a business model is unsustainable, uneconomical, and unfeasible and should not be pursued.

This is all just too much angst, risk, and worry to at the end of it attempt to make financial gains by providing customers some nice looking expensive toys.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 05:30 PM   #196
dechirico7
The Flash

So ARH is making in-house AP statues to fund the resin for statues that people paid for over three years ago?

That makes absolutely no sense.

And why was cheap resin used on this statue to begin with?
I don't see any other companies having this many issues with production.
Sounds like someone is cutting way too many corners.
I get the want to increase profit, but in the end, it might cost you less money going with better materials.
It is obvious these issues wouldn't have happened if better resin was used.
Arahom might need that explained to him, but knowing him, he won't get it and just throw a tantrum.

I really feel for the collectors that are still waiting on your pieces. No piece should take over three years to complete.

This is not a special occurrence, ARH has been doing this for as long as I can remember. 10+ years. But people just keep giving him money.

I really hope everything works out for you guys and gals. I feel for you.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 05:58 PM   #197
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmic View Post
Its true what you write here, many of the loudest critics are not from customers. But from ex customers who got robbed from ARH. Now you see the situation after over a year is even worse, there is no improvement at all.
Did you not receive something you ordered? I don't think anyone has been "robbed". It is true that there are I think 3 specific statues that are WAY overdue but all are either in production or being addressed in house. If it were me I might offer customers the option of choosing a substitute that is currently available such as Zeus, or that Egyptian chick, Leo bust, whatever and then when the older statues come in those that chose to substitute out could be put up for sale again as available in stock when they get here. It would also help with any potential breakage issues by having a few extras, just in case. I would especially push this to the Frazetta with cats as that seems to be thoe most problematic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
S
And why was cheap resin used on this statue to begin with?

Sounds like someone is cutting way too many corners.
I get the want to increase profit, but in the end, it might cost you less money going with better materials.
It is obvious these issues wouldn't have happened if better resin was used.
I don't know how much you know about resin so I hope I don't come across as insulting because that is not my intent. The so called "cheap resin" he is talking about is the same resin pretty much every statue producer uses in China, it isn't just their labor costs that are cheaper, it is also materials. That resin is toxic (when in its liquid form and producing fumes) and is not allowed in the US, ergo any statue made in the US has to use more expensive resin (non-toxic). I don't think quality of resin once dried is really much different, but I am not positive about that, but I do know that many of the high end high dollar statues people are buying use the exact same toxic Chinese resin as you are talking about.
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 06:05 PM   #198
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
I don't know how much you know about resin so I hope I don't come across as insulting because that is not my intent. The so called "cheap resin" he is talking about is the same resin pretty much every statue producer uses in China, it isn't just their labor costs that are cheaper, it is also materials. That resin is toxic (when in its liquid form and producing fumes) and is not allowed in the US, ergo any statue made in the US has to use more expensive resin (non-toxic). I don't think quality of resin once dried is really much different, but I am not positive about that, but I do know that many of the high end high dollar statues people are buying use the exact same toxic Chinese resin as you are talking about.
There have to be different qualities of resin. I have been collecting resin kits for as long as I have been collecting statues. I've seen it all. If they are using the resin I think they are, that stuff is very hard and brittle.

If resin is all the same, then why did the rep say that a cheaper resin was used?
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 06:06 PM   #199
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote:
Yes I would rather you don't bother with any updates I am buying ARH statues I would rather be updated from someone who works there.
Old 03-23-2018, 06:07 PM   #200
Great Pheidias
Nightwing

Quote: