Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

View Poll Results: Street Fighter Lifesize Bust - Reboot Poll
Yes I would buy them 19 24.05%
No I would not buy them 60 75.95%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2017, 09:17 PM   #11
PermaGrin
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

Life sized bust are too much for me for this type of line. Would be too many characters and too much space.
PermaGrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 09:20 PM   #12
qz33
Doctor Doom

F**K YES!!!!!!!!

Busts at this and ECC's level are what "premium" collectibles are all about.

I mean I love the statues but it's after a while more of them is just more. The busts stay special over the years in a way regular collectibles can't.

These aren't action figures and aren't something you buy 5 a year of. I've released statues I own to make more room for busts

I think a redone expressive Ryu can be great. Street Fighter give a great opportunity for more expressive sculpting than even the MK so far since the faces aren't covered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
interested, any chance at making/selling some sort of fancy thematic pedastool for the old ones so they fit in?
That's a great idea.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 09:26 PM   #13
MaxGoof
Nightwing

The Ryu you already did is damn amazing. It would take a LOT to convince me to spend $1000 to replace that one. I might be compelled by a Ken, though...
MaxGoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 09:30 PM   #14
supermetroid
Teen Titans

I think it could put off buyers of the original busts, maybe they'll chime in. It seems like life sized busts are already a niche market in a niche hobby as it is and revisiting after only releasing the two most popular characters is a little fast. I think I recall you saying that you weren't sure if you'd continue them a while back because the sales weren't there. I'm just wondering if it's more of a passion project more than a practical business move?
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 09:31 PM   #15
Ninjastar
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.
Adamantium Plus Member

The current Akuma and Ryu busts were already good imo and the price point was perfect. Now please bring on Gouken!
Ninjastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 09:36 PM   #16
qz33
Doctor Doom

Also as side to this (not that Jerry or anyone else cares what I have to say but anyways):

Jerry I fully believe the MK busts have sold more than the SF because the MK with their masks are naturally less open to subjective intrepretation than SF's full faces.

For this kind of money people want how "they" see Ryu or Ken or any other character so if you can use game files or the closer you can stay to populist opinion the better the sales will be IMO.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:39 PM   #17
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
I think it could put off buyers of the original busts, maybe they'll chime in. It seems like life sized busts are already a niche market in a niche hobby as it is and revisiting after only releasing the two most popular characters is a little fast. I think I recall you saying that you weren't sure if you'd continue them a while back because the sales weren't there. I'm just wondering if it's more of a passion project more than a practical business move?
It's not so much about the changing the line as it is keeping up with collector's expectations. Currently the market is people wanting more an more detailed and realistic statues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjastar View Post
The current Akuma and Ryu busts were already good imo and the price point was perfect. Now please bring on Gouken!
The price isn't so much the detail increase PCS is considering but the baseline cost of production. Even the Ryu bust would likely be an $800-$900 item if made today.
Old 01-22-2017, 09:50 PM   #18
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
It's not so much about the changing the line as it is keeping up with collector's expectations. Currently the market is people wanting more an more detailed and realistic statues.

Well, I guess I just don't see how you could make Akuma much more detailed or realistic. I mean he's got wrinkles and real looking teeth already lol. And if you make Ryu more realistic looking he might not look like Ryu anymore. SF isn't really supposed to look as highly detailed as MK but both those busts have a high amount of detail already compared to the games/comics.
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 09:54 PM   #19
markuz30
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

CHUN-LI life size bust would be amazing. Imagine the level of details on her outfit.
markuz30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2017, 10:01 PM   #20
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
I own Ryu, Subz and Scorpion PCS 1:1 busts. I know rereleases are part of the hobby it wouldn't ruffle my feathers if Jerry produced another 1:1 Ryu. For me I don't view the new and improved MKX busts as an upgrade in the slightest. To be honest I wouldn't buy the MKX busts even at the MK9 Scorpion price or the Ryu 1:1 Bust price.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote