Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 02-24-2016, 05:35 PM   #1
moonlightdrive21
Hellboy

NEWS-Randy Bowen at 2016 JerseyFest Show !

For your information...

http://www.statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=153985
moonlightdrive21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 06:12 PM   #2
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Well, either he's using this as a way to let people know he's on his way back, or this is just what he's going to be doing now. Sculpting for fun and passing on what he knows. Hopefully we'll get a definitive answer during this show.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 07:02 AM   #3
theokan
A day without sunshine is like... night.

No one is gonna speculate he might make an announcement at the con? I think this could be pretty big. We need some action in the 1:7 scale, even Koto has been slacking on their fine arts line.

---
theokan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 04:18 PM   #4
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
Well, either he's using this as a way to let people know he's on his way back, or this is just what he's going to be doing now. Sculpting for fun and passing on what he knows. Hopefully we'll get a definitive answer during this show.
I can't imagine that sculpting for fun and passing on what he knows pays well. I'm fairly certain that when he's ready, he'll be releasing statues again. It's what he's good at and what he knows. It also pays pretty well I'd think. After he's done navigating his divorce, hopefully he'll be delivering news of his return.
FJC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 04:20 PM   #5
QOBrien67
Frackin!

1.) Show should be great. I know many members from a different forum I'm on are planning to attend (including myself).

2.) Regarding an announcement, he's made mention in a few places that he is back at working on rebuilding his business. He hasn't mentioned timelines, but he has noted that there should be more concrete information regarding what is coming EOY 2016 / BOY 2016.

COLLECTORS REJOICE!!
QOBrien67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 04:00 PM   #6
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by QOBrien67 View Post
1.) Show should be great. I know many members from a different forum I'm on are planning to attend (including myself).

2.) Regarding an announcement, he's made mention in a few places that he is back at working on rebuilding his business. He hasn't mentioned timelines, but he has noted that there should be more concrete information regarding what is coming EOY 2016 / BOY 2016.

COLLECTORS REJOICE!!
If/when you meet him at the con, straight up big him to come back lol... I miss the Bowens big time, and I started collecting right before Mojo was released so I haven't even gotten to really experience being around for new Bowen stuff.

I only have so much room for 1/4... I would much prefer a number of 1/7 - 1/6
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 04:24 PM   #7
Marvelito
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJC View Post
I can't imagine that sculpting for fun and passing on what he knows pays well.
I'm sure it doesn't. I speculated that maybe he's done running a big company and will just do things related to his craft that he enjoys. Part of my speculation is that he has enough money to do that at this point in his career. I have no idea nor do I really care if that's true or not, it was just speculation on my part as to why he would be making this type of appearance.

People keep throwing the "when his divorce is final" thing around. Now I don't know if it's final or not yet, but a divorce typically takes six months to be finalized. Anything over that is due to the couple not agreeing on terms in most cases. How long has this divorce supposedly been going on now??

So again, and this is just my speculation, if the divorce is not final by now then Randy must have a ton of assets to fight over because this has been going on for quite some time now.

In the mean time we'll just have to keep waiting to hear what his ultimate decision is regarding us getting more Marvel statues from him.
Marvelito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 05:29 PM   #8
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvelito View Post
I'm sure it doesn't. I speculated that maybe he's done running a big company and will just do things related to his craft that he enjoys. Part of my speculation is that he has enough money to do that at this point in his career. I have no idea nor do I really care if that's true or not, it was just speculation on my part as to why he would be making this type of appearance.

People keep throwing the "when his divorce is final" thing around. Now I don't know if it's final or not yet, but a divorce typically takes six months to be finalized. Anything over that is due to the couple not agreeing on terms in most cases. How long has this divorce supposedly been going on now??

So again, and this is just my speculation, if the divorce is not final by now then Randy must have a ton of assets to fight over because this has been going on for quite some time now.

In the mean time we'll just have to keep waiting to hear what his ultimate decision is regarding us getting more Marvel statues from him.
Simple divorces do only take about 6 months. However, when assets are involved, children are involved, hard feeling may be involved, and companies are involved, things don't move nearly as quickly. My buddy got divorced a few years ago and he didn't have near the assets Randy has and it took him nearly 2 years to finalize his divorce. This was strictly due to the fact his wife was bitter and fighting him on EVERYTHING.

I'm not saying this is happening with Randy but it boils down to...we don't know. Also, no matter how much money Randy has, you can cut it in more than half. You can be rest assured that judges won't let women get the short end of the stick in just about all divorce cases under normal circumstances. Divorces hurt people emotionally, financially, and mentally. I'm OK with Randy taking the time he needs to set his life right and I'm willing to wait until he personally has something concrete to tell us. I'm hopeful that good news will be coming in the future.
FJC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 01:14 PM   #9
Bob Morton
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

What Bowen needs to do is get the DC license and make a complete line of 1/6 comic statues. This is what he needs and this is what I need. It is a win/win.

Sometimes I look at my marvel bowens and then image having a whole other wall covered in DC bowens and it makes me so horny.
Bob Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 07:08 AM   #10
crankyjammies
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Morton View Post
What Bowen needs to do is get the DC license and make a complete line of 1/6 comic statues. This is what he needs and this is what I need. It is a win/win.

Sometimes I look at my marvel bowens and then image having a whole other wall covered in DC bowens and it makes me so horny.
Lol. I like the way your brain works.
crankyjammies is offline   Reply With Quote