Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-31-2017, 11:26 PM   #2491
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestNight View Post
I find this criticism baffling, makes no change in the appearance of the final piece. No one would point it out upon viewing the production piece cold, no one.
Well, it literally does make a difference in his appearance since there is a clear smooth line on his arm right above the band. His deltoid abruptly stops. They screwed up, no two ways about it. And with the rising costs of these things I expect the quality and sculpt promised. This guy was about $760 shipped! That's a whole lot of money.

He's an amazing piece, and otherwise seemingly flawless. But it's a mark against him.
gorocketcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 12:10 AM   #2492
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnabor View Post
You guys! Now that many of us received our Bane, what lights/LEDs do you guys recommend for this piece? Warm white or cool white? I'm not sure which one looks better. Please keep me posted. Thanks!
It's all personal preference but I like warm, it goes best with the dark Besta.

Keep in mind that all your lights should match.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 12:46 AM   #2493
Darkhumor
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocketcat View Post
Well, it literally does make a difference in his appearance since there is a clear smooth line on his arm right above the band. His deltoid abruptly stops. They screwed up, no two ways about it. And with the rising costs of these things I expect the quality and sculpt promised. This guy was about $760 shipped! That's a whole lot of money.

He's an amazing piece, and otherwise seemingly flawless. But it's a mark against him.
Geez, give this guy the "most extremely picky collector of the year" award. The annual StatueForum awards should make it a category. Trying to make noise out of nothing.

Why dont you measure it while youre at it. lmao! I literally have to touch my nose on his bicep to see it. How much more ridiculousness can a person get?
Darkhumor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 01:22 AM   #2494
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

$h!t is gonna be raw. Can't wait for mine. Next week baby!

Anyone able to take a pic of him next to XM Thanos (I know Marvel) and or do a trick shot with Bane next to the new Lex Luthor PF?

The armband is silly. He came out great.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 01:42 AM   #2495
gorocketcat
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post
Geez, give this guy the "most extremely picky collector of the year" award. The annual StatueForum awards should make it a category. Trying to make noise out of nothing.

Why dont you measure it while youre at it. lmao! I literally have to touch my nose on his bicep to see it. How much more ridiculousness can a person get?
I'm pointing out a flaw in the design. That's all. Facts are facts.

Guess you missed the parts where I said he's amazing piece regardless, and that the EX head shocked me in hand. It has become my favorite of the two.

But I'll gladly take any award you give me.
gorocketcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 01:47 AM   #2496
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

There are awards?
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 05:56 AM   #2497
Bill Lehecka
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I didn't notice any flaws in mine.

Maybe that doesn't make me anal retentive? I don't know.
Bill Lehecka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 08:13 AM   #2498
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
There are awards?
Popped in my head after reading this

Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 10:25 AM   #2499
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorocketcat View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkhumor View Post

I get what gorocketcat is saying... The Delts do stop and it looks like filler was put in..

However that just goes to show the greatness of this piece.. I believe on a lesser statue people would complain and add it onto a list of complaints... But since this piece looks to be perfect in every other way then it's easy to look over.
JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 12:56 PM   #2500
Dredd_84
Fantastic Four

Do you guys think the regular is worth picking up still? That EX sculpt just looks so much more menacing and badass in my opinion. Beyond torn on what to do lol. I would love to add him to the collection, just bummed I thought I was done collecting statues and passed.
Dredd_84 is offline   Reply With Quote