Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 03-08-2017, 02:44 AM   #61
kharlamov
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
Someone will make a classic Ghost in the Shell Motoko statue eventually. That's what I'm waiting for. Not this Americanized / watered down version that seems to be getting worse and worse with every bit of information that comes out.
My guess is prime 1 will be soon. That being said I like this anime and I like Scarlett so it's a win win for me. If the movie ends up being total crap, I am out a $60 deposit, oh well.
kharlamov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 03:37 AM   #62
Ehollywood
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbCyXVEVpKk

A video showing off her suit at WETA
Ehollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 04:24 AM   #63
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGONTHEBOMB View Post
I think the face needs a bit of tweaking but I'm definitely picking this one up
Will be interesting to the production pieces.
Part of me thinks they will look like the prototypes. More squinty might have worked better.

I found the early shots of the proto off-putting, and get the impression the newer shots are of the same proto, taken using better lighting. I've gown to like it.

If i own one Weta statue, this will be the one
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 01:46 PM   #64
ukshaun
Hercules

Odd choice of shot to release.
I thought the idea of the silicone suit was to give the impression it was not a suit. The creases on the hand, under armpit, back of left knee do the opposite. I can understand the suit flexing in motion. For a still shot, i'd have thought they would have worked on them to remove the creases.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 02:48 PM   #65
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

I thought the idea of the silicone suit was to give the impression it was not a suit. The creases on the hand, under armpit, back of left knee do the opposite. I can understand the suit flexing in motion. For a still shot, i'd have thought they would have worked on them to remove the creases.
Kinda tacky eh? At least I think so, because now it just looks like a wet suit.
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 05:04 PM   #66
Wah
Shadowhawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighterheaven View Post
Was thinking that way as well, but I like the Geisha design so much, I don't think I care even if the movie sucks.

Is it too expensive though? anyway, the light up collar is an interesting thing, wonder how it looks if the light in the room is dim.
i'm with you. i think the designs for the geisha's are amazing. this movie if nothing else will be eye candy for sure.
Wah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 06:10 PM   #67
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post

A pretty image of Scarlett but the idea of using a suit from the beginning was a compromised design. I don't want to get into that much but anyone who was into anime back then knows what fan service is. The whole thing was the ultimate in fan service as many got back then. There were many ways they could have gone about it for live action and still be creative and bring something new and different. But they didn't. I can't wait to see how or if they will attempt the final surprise bit at the end of the anime.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 01:34 AM   #68
DRAGONTHEBOMB
I am da law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighterheaven View Post
Anyone picking the Geisha? any suggestions about it.. was thinking of getting one..
I like it, if I have the extra cash I'll definitely pick it up, if not I'll be good with just Major
DRAGONTHEBOMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 10:47 AM   #69
lighterheaven
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wah View Post
i'm with you. i think the designs for the geisha's are amazing. this movie if nothing else will be eye candy for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGONTHEBOMB View Post
I like it, if I have the extra cash I'll definitely pick it up, if not I'll be good with just Major
Thanks for the thoughts, guys!
I think I'll order myself one!
lighterheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 02:24 PM   #70
Ehollywood

Seen this?
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/...00&mode=retail

Ehollywood is offline   Reply With Quote