Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 10-04-2017, 02:59 AM   #1
built2shred
Phoenix

Possible Warning about Tweeterhead

Let me first say I've always received every statue I've ordered From Tweeterhead. So they've been rock solid there... But I decided I wasn't going to collect the 1/6 DC statues but had already pre-ordered four of them, the reason why is the last of my custom cases were finished and I put in my statues that I have now and realized I really don't have anymore room for a new line of statues..

So I emailed Twetterhead and received a response saying no problem they would refund my pre-orders tonight or tomorrow... Well almost 6 weeks have gone by and no refunds and they're ignoring my emails.

I'm just hoping I'll at least get my statues.. Would suck if they cancelled my statues but not refund my money... then I would be screwed...

From here on out if I do buy anymore Twetterhead statues it will be through SS or BBTS.com, I just think Twetterhead might be just a tad shady or just extremely unorganized... at least when it comes to customer service.. Plus I've heard a few horror stories of trying to get a statue replaced due to QC issues...

Something to think about anyways....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 02:44 AM   #2
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Have you tried calling them?
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2017, 11:29 AM   #3
qz33
Rescue

Yes I would find as many numbers and call them as I could.

I think it's high time a warning be posted on this site about ALL companies represented here especially during this bubble phase of the industry for newcomers and a reminder to veterans alike.

These aren't the large companies that make up the majority of our consumer experience where customer satisfaction reigns supreme.
These are all small companies and some are barely even a going concern.

Even with the best of intentions companies can only do the right things when they are so able.
Refunding orders shouldn't be the difference between having capital for employees' paychecks or meeting operating costs but it can be the case.

There's no excuse but often we as such close direct customers are subject to their seemingly whimsical internal operations with the realistic fear of being left holding the bag.

From experience I have learned to not place so much blind trust in this industry. With each piece that I see that I like I have to remind myself of this.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 01:50 AM   #4
built2shred
Phoenix

I'll try calling them tomorrow since it's the weekend....

I did check my account on their website, it only shows your last order (which is lame) but it still shows Joker and the Mutts on pre-order so I'm fairly confident they will send me the statues... True I rather get a refund but I'm sure since their exclusives I can probably find someone to buy them down the road. My fault for jumping the gun on the pre-order.

But for the future I think I'm going to stick with BBTS.com , for one they're rock solid with customer service and two most of the stuff you pre-order you can easily cancel if you want to.

Plus like qz33 mention, buying directly from a small company is always a bit of a risk, if it goes under your deposits go poof...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 08:43 AM   #5
dechirico7
The Flash

Their customer service sucks. It takes a long time to hear back from him. I remember when I wanted a replacement for my JN Catwoman. At first I wanted a complete replacement. Then he said he would just send me a new figure, even though the whole statue had issues, but I was nice enough to keep the base with issues. That took two weeks. Then he said he was about to ship it. Four weeks later...nothing. I don't think he would have ever responded if it wasn't for NBR2 on here telling him that I was pissed and posting my issues on here. Then I told him I wanted to just return it. I got my refund that day.

My point, yes, they are terrible if you ever have issues.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 09:15 AM   #6
jeremydmc
Black Panther

I really wanted some of the exclusives they were offering so I have placed 6 orders with them. So far I have gotten Kandor and it took a while after it was supposed to ship but not too bad. I'm still wondering why the base for Kandor got moved back 4-6 months. They never did say why it was moved from September to First Quarter 2018. I'm keeping my preorders I currently have but I am not going to jump on first day anymore. I assume if a rather simple base is pushed back that everything else will be too. The website still shows September as the shipping date on it.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 10:27 AM   #7
Tweeterhead
Tweeterhead
Producer

Refund Issue

Hey There,

Just wanted to check in and address the refund issue. I'm so sorry "built2shred" has had this issue. PLEASE know there is nothing shady going on and I am more than happy to give you a refund. Please call me directly at 415-596-6545 and I will resolve this TODAY for you.

I'm sorry if some of you aren't happy with our customer service, we honestly do the very best we can. We are still a small business and it's just Debbie and I running the show. As we grow, we are bringing more people on to assist with shipping etc. We went from a small company to pretty big quickly and we're still finding out the areas we need to focus on.

PLEASE give me a buzz and let;s get this resolved today!!

-Chad
Tweeterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:08 AM   #8
grphyx1
Kingpin

Hey Built2shred, Please see the above response. It is unfortunate that you are having this issue but, please know that tweeterhead is not in the habit of cheating anyone out of their money or deposits. I have always found that although slow sometimes, their customer service is always great and things get resolved properly.

There is definitely not a need to post warnings about a company that is going through a bit of growing pains.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:18 AM   #9
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydmc View Post
I really wanted some of the exclusives they were offering so I have placed 6 orders with them. So far I have gotten Kandor and it took a while after it was supposed to ship but not too bad. I'm still wondering why the base for Kandor got moved back 4-6 months. They never did say why it was moved from September to First Quarter 2018. I'm keeping my preorders I currently have but I am not going to jump on first day anymore. I assume if a rather simple base is pushed back that everything else will be too. The website still shows September as the shipping date on it.
Jeremydmc, yes they definitely have missed some of shipping dates but they do delivery a very high quality product. you'll get it:-)
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 11:21 AM   #10
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

I go through Debbie. Debbie@tweeterhead.com. Never had an issue with their service.