Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 02-19-2008, 09:35 PM   #21
MrYac
Hercules

i like the maul, but i'm still dissapointed as he's nothing like i had a maul maquette being, not quite as much of a let down as the Grevious was...but still
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:39 PM   #22
PitViper
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

What’s the scoop with the R2? Didn’t they announce that it was cancelled last year????
PitViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:42 PM   #23
PitViper
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

Wait I found it...but what about all of the retailers that had it up for pre-order already!!!?

Thursday, December 20, 2007

R2-D2 Statue Cancellation/Resolicitation

Hello Gentle Giant Collectors,

The R2-D2 statue originally scheduled to ship December 2007, is being canceled and will be resolicited. At this time, we don’t know what the new ship date will be or if the pricing will remain the same, but as soon as we have new information, we will be posting it on our website and sending out an email. For those members of our collectors club who have already placed a pre-order through our website and would like to keep your original pre-order, please confirm this AFTER the new information is sent out.

Thanks,
Gentle Giant Ltd.
PitViper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:29 AM   #24
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdancer View Post
How many R2's do you need.....?? Aren't there already Two versions....??? One with Yoda and the other with Leia....

I want the R2-D2 statue, not the animated R2.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:31 AM   #25
armitage
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitViper View Post
Wait I found it...but what about all of the retailers that had it up for pre-order already!!!?

Thursday, December 20, 2007

R2-D2 Statue Cancellation/Resolicitation

Hello Gentle Giant Collectors,

The R2-D2 statue originally scheduled to ship December 2007, is being canceled and will be resolicited. At this time, we don’t know what the new ship date will be or if the pricing will remain the same, but as soon as we have new information, we will be posting it on our website and sending out an email. For those members of our collectors club who have already placed a pre-order through our website and would like to keep your original pre-order, please confirm this AFTER the new information is sent out.

Thanks,
Gentle Giant Ltd.
Woah!
I didn't hear that.
That really sucks. I was still waiting for it to come out.
Thanks for the info.
armitage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:33 AM   #26
Danno
Paint Master
Producer

WHOA!!!!! The Darth Maul RULES!!!!!!!!!!
I am so gonna need one of those.

http://www.picturetrail.com/dannodaman
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Danno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 01:49 AM   #27
glassdancer
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by armitage View Post
I want the R2-D2 statue, not the animated R2.
oops. My bad! Sorry!
glassdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:30 AM   #28
Igo
Producer
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassdancer View Post
Um,.......

Wasn't Darth Maul ONLY in Episode 1.....???

And Didn't they already state that they were cancelling the rest of the Clone Wars series and just focusing on the Original Star Wars series (episodes 4, 5 and 6..???)

You see,.....this is precisely why I H*** Gentle Giant as they continue to be inconsistent and continue to make the collector nothing but unhappy and frustrated!!!

This has NOTHING to do with the item (although I can't stand that he IS NOT WEARING A FULL Robe and hood,.....and for crying out loud, what the h*** is that blue thing on his hand...????),......it's just (as it always is) about the Integrity of the Company,.....

Or "lack" of....
Im pretty sure they said they wouldnt continue to make characters from the Clone Wars cartoon, not limiting themselves to only the original trilogy.

Also, there could be other reasons related to their limitations with what they can do and what they cant do with certain styles, especially with the new 3D series coming out...

I dont see why or how this would frustrate you so much... I mean seriously, you misinterpreted something and they are still producing SOMETHING animated... are you Maul bias? Im sure a lot of people (and collectors) are happy that they are able to get an aniamted style Maul.
Igo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:36 PM   #29
big al
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Im pretty happy, never thought they would get around to making PT stuff, though Maul destroys that rumour, unless its an exclusive, maybe a dooku one day too!!!
big al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:54 PM   #30
glassdancer
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igo View Post
Im pretty sure they said they wouldnt continue to make characters from the Clone Wars cartoon, not limiting themselves to only the original trilogy.

Also, there could be other reasons related to their limitations with what they can do and what they cant do with certain styles, especially with the new 3D series coming out...

I dont see why or how this would frustrate you so much... I mean seriously, you misinterpreted something and they are still producing SOMETHING animated... are you Maul bias? Im sure a lot of people (and collectors) are happy that they are able to get an aniamted style Maul.

Nevermind.

Actually you misinterpreted my point,..but I'm not gonna get into it.

In my opinion, let's just hope that this version of Maul is not the final......I'm only saying that as I would much prefer to see him in his robe and cloak.
glassdancer is offline   Reply With Quote