Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-26-2022, 03:22 PM   #101
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

This new P2 Museum Masterline is awesome, but similar to the Predator 1 vs Predator 2 "creature" P2 has a "guy-in-a-suit" feel and it's apparent here in statue form...well at least from this still. Meanwhile the P1 suit & creature and statue just feels totally alive. That P1 Museum Masterline is just unbelievable. even the base design was outrageous...classier than the CM which i didn't think was possible.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 08:26 PM   #102
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Well you're right about the legs on this being similar to the CM. Although that whole statue has a more relaxed look so it kind of suits it. This looks like three people had different ideas and they used them all. Hence it's ended up relaxed, tense, twisted and contorted all at the same time.

I don't think the legs are the real issue though for me. It's the head and shoulder area. It's all squashed together as if he's had that log fall on his head. I'm really happy he's kind of looking up, I'd take that even further and make him look up even more, the P2 always looked nice looking up. But the weird thing is that they have made him look up but still managed to make his head look sunk in to the body, that shouldn't be the case and I think that's why it all looks off to me.

I'm not sure it's even a sculpt issue, I think it is purely a pose choice that really hasn't worked out for me. The City hunter has beautiful and large armour on his right shoulder, Prime 1 have decided to make this so that he is twisted and looking right into this armour, I think this is where a lot of my issue with it lay. Not only does this hide the nice lines and shapes, but it simultaneously makes him look stumpy.

I don't like the pose at all and I'd redo it entirely personally, but realistically that isn't going to happen. So being more realistic and constructive, I really thing that they could improve this existing pose immensely by simply twisting his entire position on the base clockwise slightly so that he's pointing more forward, and then twisting the head so that it's looking more straight. This would unclutter that area and show off the lines of that wonderful armour more.

this could possibly be due to him looking more into his armor from that angle. If you turn the piece to the right more where his chest is facing us, I think it will look less squished.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 08:37 PM   #103
Blade3327
Nightwing

In the promo video, he does look better from the front. JH also looks pretty squat from a 3/4 view, but I think that one gets away with it more easily.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 09:21 PM   #104
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Is it just me, or does his shin armor look painted silverish?
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 11:36 PM   #105
Goonsack Steve
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Pre order starts tomorrow.. what's everyone's predictions with the price? Im guessing $2300 for standard and $2700 for the DX
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20220427-132802_Facebook.jpg
Views:	326
Size:	704.6 KB
ID:	149073  
Goonsack Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 12:18 AM   #106
azurepred
Zot

no idea on price, but 100% waiting to order until I have JH in hand unless Prime pulls a Giger Alien situation and throws up a crazy low ES.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 05:32 AM   #107
Exorcist
Hydra

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
no idea on price, but 100% waiting to order until I have JH in hand unless Prime pulls a Giger Alien situation and throws up a crazy low ES.
This!
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 09:22 AM   #108
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goonsack Steve View Post
Pre order starts tomorrow.. what's everyone's predictions with the price? Im guessing $2300 for standard and $2700 for the DX
I think the regular will be $2299, the DX/DXS will $2999 and the super-DXS with the trophy wall base with all the monster skulls will be $3499 (or $499 for the way and skulls as a separate offering) and the separate closed mouth bust will be $899.

I think the DXS will include all the extras like the sword, separate arm holding King Willie Head, Separate arm to display Predator using breather, the severed arm...ect.

what's your opinion on seeing the Ram Mask? I think its cool to see, but it doesn't make a whole lotta sense to me. its not the P2's mask, it's another Predator all together. More options are always better, but it's not like the Gert Mask. The Ram mask is however my favorite of the NECA 1/4 Predators that aren't the main title character. Those NECA Predators are unbelievable still to this day. What a treat they gave us.
Old 04-27-2022, 10:11 AM   #109
Yojimbo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post

what's your opinion on seeing the Ram Mask? I think its cool to see, but it doesn't make a whole lotta sense to me. its not the P2's mask, it's another Predator all together. More options are always better, but it's not like the Gert Mask. The Ram mask is however my favorite of the NECA 1/4 Predators that aren't the main title character. Those NECA Predators are unbelievable still to this day. What a treat they gave us.
They did it so someone will have to pay $1k extra for a normal head that should have been there from the beginning (ie closed mouth )
Yojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 10:40 AM   #110
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
They did it so someone will have to pay $1k extra for a normal head that should have been there from the beginning (ie closed mouth )
why does this situation seem so familiar

in all seriousness the closed mouth heads should be included with the product. and it's a bad joke on us they weren't. Price aside, the extra display bust stand is a really nice feature for this special statue.