Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 04-12-2010, 06:15 AM   #1
Colossal
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

New career, new website!! Feedback pls!!

Hi all,

Ive been working as graphic designer for some time now and decided the next step is to become a full time freelancer - Ive done a lot in recent years and the diversity of projects and styles really brings my passion out.

Ive put together a new site to go with my new company, you can find it here:

http://www.titan-designs.co.uk

As you can see, I couldnt help but put some of my comic upbringing into the tone of the site, Im actually considering having every page show a different titan, including some amazon like women too, what do you think?

The contact form is really basic, Im currently putting together a stylised email form to replace what's currently there, but let me know what you think, good or bad :-)

Thanks for looking, and if you ever have need of my services, give me a shout ;-)
Colossal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:49 AM   #2
Colossal

http://titan-designs.co.uk/work.html

I had a play around with one of the pages, and really think the way to go is a different character per page, so Ive got the big dude, the amazon like woman, I need 3 more 'types' - any ideas?? :-)
Old 04-14-2010, 11:29 AM   #3
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

looks cool. you have done some web site my wife has shopped at.... .... lol

to me the work area has to many web sites at once. took forever to look through them all. perhaps grouping them would be better and cleaner to lok through.

i also tihnk it would be cool if every page had a different version of the big dude instead of the same art work at the top of the page. at least perhaps color him differently.
Old 04-14-2010, 12:08 PM   #4
Colossal

Thats great C, much appreciated.

I agree, theres a lot going on on the work page, I think I need to split it in two from full time work and freelance projects to help it a bit.

Also, do you mean do different drawings of the same big guy, or different characters? I just dropped a female character in the work section to try it out and definitely like the variety in the banners.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:19 AM   #5
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Congrats and good luck to a fellow designer!
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 06:48 AM   #6
CKinSD
Crush Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossal View Post
Thats great C, much appreciated.

I agree, theres a lot going on on the work page, I think I need to split it in two from full time work and freelance projects to help it a bit.

Also, do you mean do different drawings of the same big guy, or different characters? I just dropped a female character in the work section to try it out and definitely like the variety in the banners.
if the big guy is your trademark/logo then perhaps different poses. Or even just change his color. it is surprising just how a change of color can make an image pop in different ways.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:29 PM   #7
Colossal

Thanks all,

The logo was something I put together a few years back (not the style of it, just the naming of it) and from there the characters came about, so the big guy may be used on print and business cards, but its not the epitome of the brand for example.

Ive put a female titan in the work area and also a zeus like titan on the about section, I think I may do as you suggested and tweak the colors on each page to get a different vibe for each, but take a look.

Thanks all again for looking and the feedback!