Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 01-20-2014, 08:10 PM   #7061
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I think for the most part everyone's has looked about the same with the exception of immortalblade and peedi.
I agree, everyone seems to have that stitching really low, except for those 2.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:23 PM   #7062
Y3E
Gen 13

Received mine today and have mixed feelings. Saggy armpits and a frakking small whole in the right knee!
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:29 PM   #7063
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Received mine today and have mixed feelings. Saggy armpits and a frakking small whole in the right knee!
Yikes!! How bad are the sags? Pictures? And how big we talking on the hole? size of pencil head or size of eraser?

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:31 PM   #7064
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by NullSkier View Post
I promise you that Amazon gets infinitely better deals from UPS than Sideshow could ever hope to get.
I know. The question wasn't whether or not SS got a good UPS discount, but whether or not they had the option to ship anything out today. My point was simply that Sideshow's carrier of choice, UPS, was open for business today.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:37 PM   #7065
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Yikes!! How bad are the sags? Pictures? And how big we talking on the hole? size of pencil head or size of eraser?

Sarah
It's not big at all but the edges are frayed so I wonder if it will get worse.

No flash pic on left and flash on right.

Old 01-20-2014, 09:12 PM   #7066
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by adee View Post
I think for the most part everyone's has looked about the same with the exception of immortalblade and peedi.
There's no way immortalblade's came out of the box like that. He jammed paper under the arms or something. That was him that made that video right?
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:13 PM   #7067
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

I know thats not big, but being were its at around the knee i can see this spreading and getting bigger over time! There is no doubt you need a replacement!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
There's no way immortalblade's came out of the box like that. He jammed paper under the arms or something. That was him that made that video right?
I didn't do anything to mine, but yeah immortal was one who did that video and had tips so I'm sure he altered his!

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:13 PM   #7068
ICEBERG
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Same here.

Just got mine about hour ago. My box was so damaged i honestly thought the statue was toast. There were holes everywhere. What the hell Fed Ex? Surprised to see nothing was broken.

Got 1300/2000.. Saggy armpits are present on mine. The edge of the logo on the chest is lifted about a 1mm. The head has little paint spots but nothing to worry about. The fabric is little lifted on the right shoulder. Not a perfect statue but not bad eighter when you set it up and put it in the display case.

Choose to display with the long ear face. The whole family liked that one the best.

Will take pictures of some of the problems to see what SS will say. I am not having very good luck with quality issues.

I am on the fence with this statue so far. After almost 2 years of waiting i was little dissapointed with the quality of mine.

Also the statue is very unstable like everyone mentioned. I almost flipped mine putting a side for a sec.

Did found some furniture felts that i put on the base to balance it.

Over all 8.5/10 for me. Not bad but not the greatest.

Will try to post pics during the day..

Cheers,
ICEBERG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:16 PM   #7069
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
I know thats not big, but being were its at around the knee i can see this spreading and getting bigger over time! There is no doubt you need a replacement!

Sarah
Yeah, that has me worried too so I did ask for a replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICEBERG View Post
Same here.

Just got mine about hour ago. My box was so damaged i honestly thought the statue was toast. There were holes everywhere. What the hell Fed Ex? Surprised to see nothing was broken.

Got 1300/2000.. Saggy armpits are present on mine. The edge of the logo on the chest is lifted about a 1mm. The head has little paint spots but nothing to worry about. The fabric is little lifted on the right shoulder. Not a perfect statue but not bad eighter when you set it up and put it in the display case.

Choose to display with the long ear face. The whole family liked that one the best.

Will take pictures of some of the problems to see what SS will say. I am not having very good luck with quality issues.

I am on the fence with this statue so far. After almost 2 years of waiting i was little dissapointed with the quality of mine.

Also the statue is very unstable like everyone mentioned. I almost flipped mine putting a side for a sec.

Did found some furniture felts that i put on the base to balance it.

Over all 8.5/10 for me. Not bad but not the greatest.

Will try to post pics during the day..

Cheers,
Congrats on getting your statue, ICEBERG. Hopefully, SS will offer you something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
Just picked up some LePage contact cement. I'm ready to unglue and reglue the top of the suit if I have to. Now I just need a the statue.
Good luck. Post pics or video if you can
Old 01-20-2014, 09:17 PM   #7070
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Sorry but i must interject, I changed your saying from all to MOST because mine looks nothing like any of the other members pictures I've seen!! Our clothing fits very snugly, as well as it possibly can!

It's just luck of the draw to whether you have lot of sag under armpit or little! We got lucky and there is no sagging anywhere! Even tried pushing up fabric and
It only went up very little so we're not messing with ours! Our luck if we tried fixing it I would rip fabric or ruin it and make it worse!

Sarah

I would say your Bats has plenty of room under those pits for improvement. It is no worse then most and better then a couple. Mine looks a bit different then yours but like yours it is tight and It looks better in person. Pics really give it that bad seam look. But in both of ours you should be able to see the definition where the arm shoulder and pectoral all meet. You are right to say that yours does not sag... But instead it looks like the fabric stretches from the arm to the lat.. Giving it a slight "wing" look like those parajumpers.

Not bad mouthing your item... Just saying that nobody got what I would call the perfect Bat suit. But it does look much better in person. I was one of the biggest complainers and in hand I don't believe I am going to try anything to fix it because it looks just fine.

But they all could have been better IMO

Yours

Mine

and the truth.

JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote