ob1ob
Birdman

Fabri-tac

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00178MNFO
ob1ob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:47 AM   #122
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

You should be able to get it at any craft store. Most department like walmart would probably have it in the craft section.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:11 AM   #123
XMAN
Ultron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
Where are you ordering the glue?
AMAZON....Fabri-tac.
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:19 AM   #124
Toaster
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrjrstatueman View Post
Great video - thanks for posting it!

I still think it's ridiculous that we have to pay $400 and then fix what should never have been an issue in the first place. I mean REALLY - how hard is it for the workers in China to get an outfit on correctly?
Toaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:53 AM   #125
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Sideshow Batman PF costume customization thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ob1ob View Post
I found some at Michael's (in Edmonton). They only had the 8 oz bottle, though. So, I will probably squirt some on a piece of paper and brush it onto the seam (to avoid getting too much on the costume).

Michaels also had some sculpting tools similar to what Raphael used. I bought a cheap set of plastic ones that I think will do the trick nicely.

Now, just need to gather up the courage to do this...
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 01:21 PM   #126
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toaster View Post
Great video - thanks for posting it!

I still think it's ridiculous that we have to pay $400 and then fix what should never have been an issue in the first place. I mean REALLY - how hard is it for the workers in China to get an outfit on correctly?
I agree this video was awesome but as he only did this basically with one hand most of the time i don't know if i or hubby would be able to do it with two hands, but if you use that fabri-tac stuff I'm sure you can do it if you take your time! Trust me I'm mad that i even had to think about fixing mine but i think i will be happy in the long run!

Sarah
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:00 PM   #127
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirl Wind Boy View Post
Very cool. Your WIP pictures make me think they got Batman locked up at Arkham!
nice. yeah he kinda does doesn't he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
very original bro, I love it! looking forward to the finished product
thanks man. yeah i am too. my leather showed up but they didn't send em the right amount. GGGRRRR
so it will be a bit longer. but at least i know now that it will work and will look killer. the leather super thin. thin as a cotton T-shirt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
like I posted on Rafael's video, history favors the brave - I think that could apply to both of us. hopefully it doesn't blow up in our faces lol
yeah no doubt. let hope and pray it doesn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
You seem to be off to an impressive start

Do you have plans to use any wire in the cape so that it will be positionable? Armature wire would probably work well.
Also, if you have the head sitting on top of the cape, I would think you would have a better chance of getting the bridge between the two flush- as opposed to putting the cape on around the head. But to do that you will need to leave some space around the perimeter for the seating of the head.
Just a suggestion.
Looking forward to seeing how this turns out for ya.
thanks pdenham, not sure yet. i want this to look as natural and realistic as possible. so not sure if the wire may hinder those results. i want the cape to flow freely and naturally like a real cape would do.

yup thats what i have already planed on doing. it would look really silly just wrapped around his head.
and like i said. the pics i posted are early wip. Ive already compensated the space for the material that i will be using.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 05:11 PM   #128
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideShowJoe View Post
Well when i first looked at ours i thought it was perfect because there was no sagging under arms but…fabric has to come up a lot to get desired look!! And ours was better than some it still is not correct and how it was intended to!

Do you guys know what two tools raph used when gluing the pit area?? I don't think we have anything like those!

Sarah
I got some similar tools from Michael's. I bought some cheap plastic ones for about $7, and it seems like they will do the trick nicely.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 06:09 PM   #129
SuicideAnomaly
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
I got some similar tools from Michael's. I bought some cheap plastic ones for about $7, and it seems like they will do the trick nicely.
If you work up the courage to alter yours, and it turns out well… Care to drive down to Calgary and do mine?

The saggy pits didn't bother me at first, but it's starting to get to me. I just don't know if I'm talented enough to pull this off without destroying my Batman.
SuicideAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:54 PM   #130
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Sideshow Batman PF costume customization thread

I had to redo my armpits. When I first received Bats last week I felt like I rushed fixing the pits and something about it was driving me nuts. I took all the material off again and re-re-glued them. I'm much happier this time.

Just a warning to anyone trying this. Be very careful at the top of the seems. They can pull apart very easy. I just barely avoided disaster when doing his right shoulder. The seem started to pull apart at the top but luckily I caught it before it went too far. THE RIGHT SHOULDER IS A -----!

Here are my latest result.

Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote