Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-22-2018, 06:31 PM   #111
COI

I like that they're not afraid to give female sculpts muscle and varying shapes. It's better than the tiny waist, twig-armed, beachball-boob standard of yore. I had the She-Hulk PF everyone loves, and got rid of it because the sculpt was silly skinny.

But you've gotta pick your spots. This Ivy is more jacked than both Wonder Woman pieces, the new Red Sonja, and possibly even the last RS that some people thought was too muscular, even though it was perfect for her character.

Why? Ivy is the least physical of the Gotham females. She uses toxin and seduction. I love the peeps at Sideshow, but damn.

Power Girl called, she wants her arms back.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 06:37 PM   #112
Vracula
Jedi Order

Beautiful sculpt but that’s not IVy IMHO.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 06:41 PM   #113
AC_808
Hercules

Do you guys think its possible that the lighting and the shadows it causes makes her back look more muscular than it actually is?

Just can't fathom why SSC would go in this direction for Ivy.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 06:41 PM   #114
DiscoCougar
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

The first Ivy SS release is still a high quality piece. This is just kind of a waste imo...

If SS wants to redo figures, start by making new sculpts of messes they made with Batgirl, kinda Powergirl, and definitely Supergirl
DiscoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 06:41 PM   #115
EnShinNoi
Midnighter

I imagine Sideshow has some side story like the plant toxins have increased her muscle mass.

The pose is good, the idea of inviting/luring her victim. I just don't find muscles on a woman particularly alluring. Some do and maybe they like this piece more, who knows. Probably not because it is a bit out of character.

Could be the angle but her butt is a bit flat. She's been skipping her squats.
EnShinNoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 06:44 PM   #116
banner23
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post
The first Ivy SS release is still a high quality piece. This is just kind of a waste imo...

If SS wants to redo figures, start by making new sculpts of messes they made with Batgirl, kinda Powergirl, and definitely Supergirl
I thought the Batgirl statue came out good, I definitely agree with you on Supergirl
banner23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 06:45 PM   #117
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Do you guys think its possible that the lighting and the shadows it causes makes her back look more muscular than it actually is?
The lighting might be over-accentuating the muscle definition, but you can tell she's beefed up.

Maybe it'll look better when we can see the entire body and judge the proportions. She might not be super bulky. Still, that's a jacked Ivy no matter what.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 06:50 PM   #118
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
The lighting might be over-accentuating the muscle definition, but you can tell she's beefed up.

Maybe it'll look better when we can see the entire body and judge the proportions. She might not be super bulky. Still, that's a jacked Ivy no matter what.

Unfortunately ...I have to agree. I'm finding myself trying to make sense of this ...even looking at lighting as a cause. But there's no denying it ...this is one ripped Poison Ivy.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 07:06 PM   #119
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscoCougar View Post

DEATHSTROKE! IMO, there isn't a bigger mess made than the one that was made with that character. Classic Perez Deathstroke FTW!
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 07:15 PM   #120
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

I wonder what the rest of Poison Ivan will look like?
NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote