Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

Old 10-10-2019, 05:28 PM   #231
dao2
Cyclops

It's likely there because the thinner parts are not hollow, but still at least put it on the damn underside ;|
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 11:32 AM   #232
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
I can answer some queries for you on this

You can power it without the battery if you like. Any micro USB cable will work and it can be plugged into any USB power source.

I personally like my statue lights to come on when i turn my display lights on, so i leave my statues turned on but they don't light up until i turn the plugs on at the wall. So to do this with F4F pieces i leave the battery out, if you put the battery in and then you turn them off at the wall, the F4F statues stay lit because they are charged lol. Basically you get all the options you need

Regarding the push button, it should push in once for animated lights, push it in again for full lights and then push again for off.

The statues that just have lights on/off have a click button but the statues with more modes (animated) have a soft button with no click ( like my Ornstein ) so you should be fine
got Bowsers battery out and hooked him into my remote switch. Doesnt look like the leds are gonna stay in the on position. After turning the lights off then on, you have to push the switch again. bummer
FriendlySamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 03:33 PM   #233
ALF_1
Justice League

I need some help and advice if anyone can help thanks!!!

I have an issue with my Bowser and F4F gave me the option to try to fix myself or get a replacement body and base... My issues here is that every time I need a replacement in the past they still dont check the replacements and many times I receive a worse replacement then the issues I have now.

With that in mind I dont know If I want to go through the hassle of breaking the body and base for a maybe possible worse replacement then what I have now.

I saw some peoples he would not go all the way into the base and mine sits Flush on the base and dont want a new one to come with how others have not all the way down on the base.

Or maybe I risk getting one with scuffs or Bracelets painted wrong like others... STATUE companies sad to say cant be trusted to have good QC even for REPLACEMENT PARTS they dont even inspect before shipping it to you to make sure the second time around its perfect, but they DONT EVER! Its simply LUCK since they really dont look it over thoroughly ever!

My issue has a Gap between Bowsers Hair Piece and his Green Forehead allowing the viewer to see the “KEY” insert since it was not pushed all the way down like it should be having the glue dried with the hair piece being fully flush to his forehead...

When you are standing in front of him head on, it’s pretty noticeable because his hair is staring right at you and all you see between his eyes is a freaking gap with the orange painted “Key insert.”

First 4 Figures said since the hair piece is separate and super glued to Bowser’s head I could attempt a fix they suggested. If I do not want to opt in for a replacement they told me I can take a blow dryer, heat it up and then push the gap to be flush allowing it to dry again with hair Flush.

Keep in mind I am a decent artist , but have never made an attempt to heat glue to readjust a factory mistake... i will attach exactly what F4F wrote me for this option... If i dont want to do this i can still get a replacement, but if i can some how push the hair down so it is correct then I rather do that then risk a worse replacement that is almost guaranteed...

Everything else on my Bowser is perfect so I dont want the risk of having some of the other issues other collectors have with theirs... REPLACEMENTS ARE HIT OR MISS for some reason when they should always be a Hit... Go figure...

F4F partial response:

Option 1:
1. “ Bowser's horn is a separate piece assembled with the use of superglue at the assembly line. We would recommend slightly heating up the area between the horn and the head with a blow dryer. It will soften the glue that dried up and allow you to adjust and push in the horn down.

If you are comfortable with testing out this method of fixing issue, please try it out.”

With what F4F told me does anyone know how close with a blow dryer to go near the orange hair piece between Bowsers eyes?

What would be the best way to heat up the glue for his hair and push it down like a centimeter to make it flush? I dont want to ruin the nice paint job on his face....

This stinks because I rather fix since its too risky and a great inconvience breaking these things on a video. I usually have to get my friend to help me to record record while I break the statue. On top of that he’s a beast and it’s just crazy having to go through all this, but at the same time I want to piece that is correctly glued together.

F4F’s even agreed that that gap on his head should not be there and reason the reason why they are willing to replace it or have me try to fix with a blow dryer... Seems like a simple fix, but I just dont want to make it worse either ...

I definitley do not want it with his hair Gap though because its literally head on and annoying to constantly see once you notice it...

Can anyone send a video link maybe with a demonstration of someone heating a statues DRIED glue to readjust a incorrect glued part. I could not find any tutorials on this. Any help is greatly appreciated as I am super stressed since I am in the process of moving things and packing stuff that focusing more time on Bowser when he should be ok is very difficult with my timing...

I was hoping he would be good so I could box him back up and then I could focus back on my moving.

Now, I have to spend more time either fixing this or shooting for a Blind Replacement. If I was confident they would send a good replacement then I go for that option they did offer, but these days a fix to improperly glued parts seems more viable which is even crazy sounding when I say it...

It be nice if warehouses actually had the decency to really QC a replacement, but facts and experience are they DO NOT! I order from all statue companies as well and these replacement issues stretch across the board..

I hope I can heat it but I have no experience with heating glue up to readjust... I didnt even think that could be possible, but that is Option 1 F4F’s told me...

Please Help.. If i can some how get the hair to sit flush witout damaging him I will be super happy, but at the moment I kind of feel lost and like Blaaahh. Im tired of always having issues with statues.

Why cant good QC actually exist on supposedly high end premium thousand dollar items???

This is what they told me in the QC’s defense:

“Our QC staffs thoroughly assemble and inspect the statue parts to make sure they fit and to make sure that there are no issues. The subtle gap between Bowser's head and horn might have been overlooked by our QC personel.”

If they really QC things it is truly mind boggling that a QC rep can overlook the Hair not sitting flush when its literately on the Front of his Face clear as day...

Do these QC people need Bifocals???
If it’s so simple to take a blow dryer heating up the glue like F4F told me and then push the hair down to sit flush why couldn’t the freaking Factory do that???

I just don’t get why they dont have “TRUE QC” but, maybe I do is that they really just don’t care to have stellar QC and have no standards when many people will just accept it or say it is not that noticeable and then still accept it....

NO, SORRY FACTORIES I WILL NOT TAKE GAPS from not gluing the STATUE FULLY FLUSH.... IF YOU CANT ASSEMBLE RIGHT then I dont want a $1k statue that a QC guy cant even notice that is a PROBLEM!

Now, I have to try to heat it up without damaging it.. Any advice I appreciate.

PS: F4F In their response says “Head and “Horn” but it really is the “Head and Hair”
Either way I still have to warm up and push the hair down to be flush.
ALF_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 10:02 PM   #234
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

I heated up another piece once and from what it seemed, it would take quite a bit to damage it with the hair dryer. Sounds like you’ve already got a replacement greenlighted, go to town on fixing it and dont worry about damage. If you damage it yourself you’ve got a replacement just an email away.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:45 PM   #235
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriendlySamurai View Post
I heated up another piece once and from what it seemed, it would take quite a bit to damage it with the hair dryer. Sounds like you’ve already got a replacement greenlighted, go to town on fixing it and dont worry about damage. If you damage it yourself you’ve got a replacement just an email away.
Good Advice.... Thanks!!! Should i wrap the surrounding area with a towel or anything? Im a Laymen with this kind of procedure... lol

Were you successful when you heated your other item and was it also to make something to sit flush?

Thanks for your info..
Old 10-19-2019, 10:45 AM   #236
FriendlySamurai
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF_1 View Post
Good Advice.... Thanks!!! Should i wrap the surrounding area with a towel or anything? Im a Laymen with this kind of procedure... lol

Were you successful when you heated your other item and was it also to make something to sit flush?

Thanks for your info..
Mine was just for a really small piece to fit in a hole it wouldnt go into (HMO Morrigan’s batwing in her head). Held it reaaly close under the hair dryer for a few minutes, it didnt seem to get overly hot. I got it slightly further into the hole, enough that it hasnt fallen out again... yet anyway lol
Old 10-20-2019, 09:47 AM   #237
XMAN
Ultron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALF_1 View Post

Thanks for your info..
Got any pics you can post?
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 12:11 PM   #238
ALF_1
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMAN View Post
Got any pics you can post?
Here is a pic and Today I might attempt to heat it up for the fix hoping it will work.
My Auto spell on the pics changed Green Skin to Screen... lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D856D291-70FF-4C5D-A687-8B7105D8E144.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	126433   Click image for larger version

Name:	41D296C9-7D4B-4A27-8EC0-BF4EE07D04D8.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	168.3 KB
ID:	126434  
Old 11-12-2019, 03:09 PM   #239
eternalblue02
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Got my Bowser notification this morning. US and EU are on the boat and should be here in 4-5 weeks.
eternalblue02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 05:17 PM   #240
dao2
Cyclops

Mine too
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote