Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 07-05-2015, 07:56 PM   #21
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReTardist View Post
All I can say in our defense is that we will be introducing about 18 statues at NYCC. These include 4-5 new Frazetta products, Hades, Poseidon, Mermaids, and probably the Tarzan vs Gorilla. I think that's a lot to be excited about. I don't know if you guys saw the studio video where we discussed sculpting the new Medusa, but part of the reason we want to revisit some of the old sculpts is simply because the technology has improved. We can get so much more detail in our work now. Not trying to take anything away from the older sculpts. Just trying to step up our game. That's why I'm here. Not trying to start controversy. Just wanna make rad stuff to get people amped.
wow, that is a lot ... can't wait to see them

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:09 PM   #22
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
All I can say in our defense is that we will be introducing about 18 statues at NYCC. These include 4-5 new Frazetta products, Hades, Poseidon, Mermaids, and probably the Tarzan vs Gorilla. I think that's a lot to be excited about. I don't know if you guys saw the studio video where we discussed sculpting the new Medusa, but part of the reason we want to revisit some of the old sculpts is simply because the technology has improved. We can get so much more detail in our work now. Not trying to take anything away from the older sculpts. Just trying to step up our game. That's why I'm here. Not trying to start controversy. Just wanna make rad stuff to get people amped.
I wish you guys could space them out a bit and not release them all at once for pre-order!
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 09:30 PM   #23
outlikealight
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I would love to see the Medusa revisited. But that's because I can't get my hands on the original.

I think these guys are actually putting out a lot of new stuff. The Frazetta line all by itself quite a bit for the last year.
outlikealight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 10:13 PM   #24
zeus

Quote:
We decided a 'reboot' was in order. Trust me when I say the quality of the new products is on an entirely different level.
Ok let me undestand this the new ones the quality are going to be much better ,then the old ones the we collectors payed good money for are the ---- ones.
Old 07-05-2015, 10:49 PM   #25
ReTardist
The Herculoids

Um whoa. Hopefully we make something rad to suit everyone's taste.
ReTardist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 11:19 PM   #26
dechirico7
The Flash

I wonder how many of these 18 pieces will actually get produced? ARH doesn't have a good history with that. It seems like every character ARH has done, they have revisited.
Medusa - Rattlesnake Medusa
Athena - Gold Athena
Queen of Vampires - Queen of Vampires 2
Ares - Gold armor Ares
Arhian - Arhian 2
Didn't they do a few versions of Leonidas too, in more than one scale.
2015 must be the year of variants. Quite a few companies are doing this. Not quite as much as ARH though.

I am really looking forward to Medusa and the mermaids, but I am not going to get my hopes up until I see them actually shipping to people.

Nothing against you, Ehren. You do amazing work.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 11:22 PM   #27
Conehead
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus View Post
Ok let me undestand this the new ones the quality are going to be much better ,then the old ones the we collectors payed good money for are the ---- ones.
wow
Conehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 11:33 PM   #28
ReTardist
The Herculoids

*shrugs* we'll see what happens
ReTardist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 12:11 AM   #29
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
*shrugs* we'll see what happens
I think you guys are totally taking the right approach if you are doing all new better sculpts.

If prior pieces have a large after market sale price then there is obviously a demand. If you can meet that demand with a new and improved product well that is what this game is all about.

That said I can understand how people feel. Imagine buying the Frazetta 4 pieces so far, Death Dealer, Huntress, Atlantis, and Barbarian and seeing them redone in 4 years in a superior form.
When you pay this kind of money you want to have the feeling that you have the best that can be for a long while to come if not ever but so much has changed so quickly in the past 4 years. Right now I can't ever imagine a better Barbarian than Ehren's sculpt but in 5-10+ years with different production techniques and factory processes, who knows?

This is just the future of the hobby going forward. Statue production has really ramped up in the past 4 years but much of the source material of interest that is desired will stay the same so there is bound to be some iterative products.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 04:53 AM   #30
zeus

I have nothing against you Ehren and I do buy a lot of ARH products it's just I wish they move ahead with new products instead revisiting old ones. This will be my last comment on this.