Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 12-28-2023, 02:44 PM   #41
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_J.Warren View Post
What is everyone expecting with regard to release date?

Q3 2024? I'm so hyped for this.
Not sure, but I'm expecting to see her reveal before Mystique's since we got an actual image of Dazzler, whereas Mystique looked like just a render of her face. Dazzler looks finished.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 02:45 PM   #42
grphyx1
Kingpin

OMFG!!! I got so excited I gave myself a headache!!! I will clear a space for this asyettobeshown beauty!!! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaat!! this is bonkers. So excited
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 02:46 PM   #43
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Yep, the fact we got a finished pic tells me this will go up for PO soon.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 02:46 PM   #44
Detective27
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Congrats Northern and the others who've been wishing for her. I am definitely intrigued. Looking forward to seeing the rest.

Looks like the jumpsuit is more silver than white to me. Still excited to see full reveal.
Detective27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 02:47 PM   #45
Y3E
Gen 13

Beautiful. Can't wait for the full reveal
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 02:47 PM   #46
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Very pleasantly suprised by this, finally some new characters. Hoping for the full on 'Saturday night fever' version, although this will have big platform shoes to fill as the Bowen version set the bar very high with their amazing sculpt.

I have a feeling Marvel/Disney won't allow so much cleavage to be shown as was on the Bowen version, they have done that with their Marvel Legends figures of late.

majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 02:51 PM   #47
Onewiththeforce
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
Just one. TH MP Catwoman. And that is because I just adore her portrayal of the character and that suit is beyond iconic.

I really have no desire to own any movie/show pieces. There are some beautiful pieces out there, but I don?t gravitate towards them. And I don?t like my comic characters to look like celebrities. For example, I didn?t get the awesome Rogue PF because it looks like Angelina Jolie. I like my comic statues to look like art and have no quick resemblance to a famous face.
no worries, I just found the statement to be interesting about not wanting one's pieces to look like celebrities is all. I too have the SS Michael Keaton Batman 89 PF as well as the Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman PF from Batman Returns and when I look at them both I do think that they look like the celebrity actors that they were meant to look like due to the movies they were portrayed in. I think that as there has been some buzz lately online and other places speaking of the possibility of Taylor Swift maybe being considered to play the live action version of the Dazzler........it would not surprise me if there was some likeness in a portrait possibility for this Disco Dazzler.

Everything happens for a reason.

That recent SS Dazzler print came out when it did......it had people thinking what to be done in the pipeline....

Sure enough, here we are. LOL!
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 02:52 PM   #48
Onewiththeforce
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
Very pleasantly suprised by this, finally some new characters. Hoping for the full on 'Saturday night fever' version, although this will have big platform shoes to fill as the Bowen version set the bar very high with their amazing sculpt.

I have a feeling Marvel/Disney won't allow so much cleavage to be shown as was on the Bowen version, they have done that with their Marvel Legends figures of late.

.....not to mention the paint job. When I had purchased this piece back in the day, I was inn love with not only her curves (lol) but the beautiful pearl white paint application to her jumpsuit. Very cool!!
Onewiththeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 02:53 PM   #49
Agent_J.Warren
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Not sure, but I'm expecting to see her reveal before Mystique's since we got an actual image of Dazzler, whereas Mystique looked like just a render of her face. Dazzler looks finished.
This is a good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Yep, the fact we got a finished pic tells me this will go up for PO soon.
I really hope you guys are right. I've only got Elvira and Noir Spider on PO so this couldn't be a better year for them to pump out more X-Men (for me anyway). The sooner the better. Bring on Jubilee...
Agent_J.Warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2023, 02:57 PM   #50
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_J.Warren View Post
This is a good point.

I really hope you guys are right. I've only got Elvira and Noir Spider on PO so this couldn't be a better year for them to pump out more X-Men (for me anyway). The sooner the better. Bring on Jubilee...
It's extra exciting to see all of the excitement around this piece, even from people who may not order her. This is what happens when you do a new character people have been asking for. Now, for everyone here, I do hope they give you all a Nightwing or Riddler.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote