Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 05-20-2010, 08:04 AM   #21
cblakey1
Cyclops

I'm with Simon. The front does seem a bit split down the middle (at least in a few of those pics) and the abs are too separated and ripply.

Nicely executed though (especially the base and un-masked version) and I'm assuming all seams will be filled and dulled-down paints applied on final assembly at production time.

Can't wait to see a finished piece with the transparent glowing base.
cblakey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:14 AM   #22
demonhunter
Kingpin

I like that Erick captured the maskless face very well. I love it.

And we seldom get a Wolverine as he is supposed to be; stocky and a bit shorter.

I understand the decision to change the base paint scheme a bit because this latest paint scheme with a bit of snow would allow it to match the upcoming Sabertooth statue which has a snow base.

I think I would just like to comment on the paint application.

I think it can be better, and I hope the final production pieces will have better paint application. Especially the arm hair black lines. And the thick black lines on his costume on the shoulders can be smoother and neat. Unless that was intentional.

The seam on the neck does look a little big. I hope this is not the case for Psylocke as she also has change o head.

Nevertheless, I've already asked my local toy shop to bring this Wolverine in for me.

For quite a while I felt that the abdomen area seemed a bit strange. But I suppose it does look like that for someone who is stocky and has very well developed rock hard abs as seen in the photo sample posted.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 08:29 AM   #23
demonhunter
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zer0 View Post
About the only negative thing I could really think to say is that the shoulder pads might be a little too bright blue. Other than that, that's definitely one of the better Wolverine representations I've seen in quite a while.

I particularly like the masked portrait.

Wow... tactful.
If I remember correctly, Erick mentioned that Marvel asked Kotobukiya to put on metallic blue(the one we see now) on the shoulder pads for this Wolverine.
Old 05-20-2010, 08:51 AM   #24
Big Hulk
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Not feeling this either. The chest looks bad but the seam is just way to big and noticeable.
Big Hulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:31 AM   #25
adee
Green Arrow

I like the pose and head but I'm not to crazy about the mid section. I also don't care for interchangeable parts because of the seems.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:34 AM   #26
demonhunter
Kingpin

Hi ,Erick.

I posted this at a local Malaysian toy shop forum as I wanted to fan the excitement about this Wolvie.

http://www.xl-shop.com/forum/viewtop...169631#p169631

Some fellow collectors commented that from this shot, it looks as if Wolverine is wearing claws on the back of his fists instead of them coming out of his hands.
Old 05-20-2010, 09:46 AM   #27
cuhan
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

He needs a better paint job.
And his maskless face is too flat,
his eyes is kinda empty, need more anger.
His eyebrows is a little bit too much.

Is his base going to be 1 piece or 2 piece?
I'm pretty sure some ppl want to display them without the projector.
cuhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:55 AM   #28
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonhunter View Post
Hi ,Erick.

I posted this at a local Malaysian toy shop forum as I wanted to fan the excitement about this Wolvie.

http://www.xl-shop.com/forum/viewtop...169631#p169631

Some fellow collectors commented that from this shot, it looks as if Wolverine is wearing claws on the back of his fists instead of them coming out of his hands.
the claws are accuate. the movie is junk
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:07 AM   #29
demonhunter
Kingpin

Ink, they don't mean that the claws come out from between the knuckles(as in movie).

They are comic readers too. They know it should come out from the back of hand as it is now. But there's a small space with the claw and the back of hand.

Old 05-20-2010, 10:54 AM   #30
chi_collector
Frackin!

I think this statue looks amazing. Perfectly captures Jim Lee's Wolverine. One question:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonk View Post
Sculpted by Erick Sosa, Wolverine stands approximately 9 inches tall on amazing exclusive base.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKULPTOR View Post
Actually he is 10.5 inches tall from foot to crown of the head, plus with the wings he is 11inches tall.

-Erick
The second quote is from the other Kotobukiya Wolverine thread. Is 10.5 inches the accurate height still, Erick?
chi_collector is offline   Reply With Quote